It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton "compliments" Ron Paul and his supporters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is a bit boring...it's about foreign policy and diplomacy..and there are some good points made...the showstopper is the end.

I'm quite surprised....listen to what she says....i think RP supporters are finally getting their due!

Go to 5:20.

"You have the most enthusiastic supporters I have ever seen." etc etc.

You gotta check this out...cool to see!

I think Hillary gets it...either that or she fears it...but she definitely knows we are out there!

And that is GOOD NEWS!

[edit on 22-4-2009 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
"You have the most enthusiastic supporters I have ever seen."

... and we listed them as terrorists in Homeland Security reports. When the next terrorist attack occur, you can be sure that they will be arrested first.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm glad enthusiasm is still legal in the USA..WooHoo!!

Remember, she does share something in common with the good Doctor.

She was "Ron Pauled" by the media too.
They shunned her, when Obama's poll numbers started improving.
She went from Shoe-in to Left-out.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i just liked the acknowledgment.

Did you hear the guy in the background? "You're going to encourage them!?"

haha.

Sorry I love it...at least RP supporters were shown in a good light for once.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Remember, she does share something in common with the good Doctor. She was "Ron Pauled" by the media too.

You're right on that....the media wanted Obama instead of her...and she got railroaded....quite similar to RP.

I don't agree much with what HC says...that being said...she just agrees with RP that diplomacy should always be the first action whenever possible.

Who knows....maybe the liberty movement will continue to get larger..and RP will get more support.

I think we all know that RP supporters are going to be showing up at most protests.

Everyone says that this movement is being used by Republicans...and it is..at least they are trying...but..

I think RP'ers see an opportunity to try an educate people and wake them up.

At least that is how I see it...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't like Ron Paul's stances but I admire his courage and the hard work his supporters have done. They were shut out of the debates and the mainstream media seemed to lazy to cover him and he is still being shut out and that isn't right. My respect goes out to you. Secretary Clinton is trying to show her respect too I guess.
Some of us don't see politics in terms of ideology. Some of us have the stomach to see it as a means an end and participate with that in mind. I'm afraid many on the right have gotten lazy and are now just having temper tantrums. Don't be discouraged, Ron Paulers! Keep up the good work. Participate.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The hell with this. Now people want to admire Ron Paul? Yeah, they are just sensing a change. Like Fox News and Republicans touting the tea parties? Even taking credit for them? I DON'T think so. I will remain active in anti-federal government activites and refuse these clowns from getting on the grassroots bus. They all want to grab the real patriots now. Only, now. The hell with Fox News, and Glen Beck and Hillary Clinton and for sure, the hell with Barack Obaman who misread what American's are demandng. Silly man. Liberalism used to mean for the people. Personal responsiblity, self determination and "liberalism" lost sight of this. Then
conservatism picked up the standard with the GOP, but they lost sight of it all. So now if you adhere to the liberal ideas of the founding fathers, you are considered conservative. Ouch. Yucky. But both major parties have lost sight of the American ideals.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hillary kissing booty (respecting RP followers)?

She had a great comment and well stated, well timed but in a room full of pond scum with a few exceptions they try to appear human.

Hillary has scrapped and extorted her position just like she performed for her mostly friendly media. Can't figure why she would pander to the serfs. I believe Nancy and her share the same broom.

All in all, a compliment from her demeans Ron Paul, someone that has convictions. Ron Paul accepting a compliment from her elevates her... she has everything to gain from kissing his a$$.

Ron Paul followers are everything to this country. If he can't make it another one with integrity will take his place. And we'll find him (or her).

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Beautifully stated.

I predict you will win friends and influence people with that all inclusive stance.

The best way to get people to join your posse is to alienate them!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
She's just pandering. I seriously doubt this compliment was in the leas bit sincere. Never trust a clinton, she's just saying what she thinks will gain her more support from the Libertarians.

TA

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Call me nuts but if I was Ron Paul I would start to worry about my safety if Hillary started to compliment me .

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Perhaps I read this moment incorrectly, but it seems to me that in whatever future Secretary Clinton envisions for herself she realises that she is going to need the support of Ron Paul and his extremely enthusiastic supporters.

As the worm turns, she may even consider an independent run for President in the next election with Ron Paul as her VP.

Stranger things have happened....

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
From a conspiratorial view, perhaps she's giving him attention in order to fracture conservatives that much more and degrade the Republican base.

Democrats would greatly benefit from a divided Republican party.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well while she's praising Rep. Paul, GOP leaders continue to marginalize and ignore him.

The GOP is still mostly in the hands of war hawks and theocrats, unfortunately.
Thus they don't want to see or hear a genuine conservative (as opposed to a right-authoritarian) at all. The GOP is self-destructing, and sabotaging their best shot at actually staying relevant in the 21st century.

Of course there are reasons for a leading Democrat to take advantage of this, but it's not entirely impossible that she genuinely admires him.

Even though I disagree with him on some fundamental policy approaches, it's hard not to respect the guy's obvious integrity and conviction.

new topics

top topics

join