It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wayne Madsen gets arrested by police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I just found out about this and I dont remember ats doing any coverage on this so im doing a post on it now I apoligise in advance if its already been covered. Wayne Madsen runs the Wayne Madsen Report out of washington d.c and has been accurate on a number of scandles not limited to aipac and others. According to his website Link He has to appear in court over trying to protect a confidential source on May 20th 2009.

He or his group or both were investigating something called the Stanford Financial Group scam someone wanted his group shut down and its high time these people doing this get sent a message you mess with one of us you mess with us all. Wayne was one of the people I didnt get a change to interview when I was still on the air but his sources are creditable and gov has gone to extensive lengths to shut down his group investigations.

I think this is one of those reporter stories gov didnt want to talk about or was hoping we didnt find out about.

Falcon

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
"Mess with one of us, mess with all of us" Sounds like something Texans would say. (With no disrespect to Texans intended in saying such)

Sir (sic) Robert Allen Stanford (he was never knighted but it is rumoured that he has ties to the buying and selling of fake English Titles to rich Americans) is definitely a character. The $8 Billion dollar scandal with his Stanford Financial Group is pretty widely known mainstream.

I'm sure there isn't much that the S.E.C. hasn't already uncovered in their investigation into the Stanford Financial Group that Wayne Madsen's source had. However, there is the issue of Libel and Slander that is most likely the source of this. He was most likely ordered to divulge the identity by Court Order and refused, putting him in Contempt...thus leading to his arrest for not divulging the identity of his source. The good news is that a Court Precedent was recently made that gives Bloggers the same protection of the identity of their sources as are extended to Journalists. His lawyers should be able to plead their case without much worry.

However, I wasn't able to find any details about his arrest or his court case or any court documents on the link you provided. I'm a little curious now and want the full scoop.

join