It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call From DHS Today. (I'm Canadian)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I had some really weird calls not to long ago and some other what I hope was coincidental activity around the same time. I posted about it on ATS and talked to a number of friends and family members about it.

I still havn't figured out what happened and if it was a prank it I would think it had to of been by hackers. Which brings me to my next question.

What are the chances that hackers are preying on ATS members?

My credit card information was stolen as well around this time. Someone managed to get my home and cell phone number.

The scary thing is the timing of the calls, first on the home and then cell, coincided with me waking up and going into my kitchen at 0345 in the morning. Since then it appears that my Department of Defense sticker on my wind shield was vandalized.

[edit on 23/4/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

1st of all and most obviously would be why would an AMERICAN law enforcement agency be bothering with someone in CANADA? If the guy really was a problem then DHS would ask the RCMP or his local police force to look into the matter.

2nd of all they would have identified themselves as Special Agent So and So as required by law.

1 - There are so many laws that cover both sides of the boarder when it comes sto *security* it would make you head spin.
2 - Show me where it's law they have to give up their information? You might be surprised when you don‘t find it.

Tothetenthpower:

Be careful and stay strong.
I hope you don’t give up any information.
I also hope you call around to get some legal advice just in case.

Have fun at your classes!

peace

[edit on 23-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Couple of small points about the email.

It strikes me as unlikely the FBI would trust a notice of this sort to the vagaries of email. Would it not be served by recorded mail delivery, requiring signed proof of receipt?

The following extract contains either a typo or poor mastery of English. Should the penultimate word here have been "their" or "these"?

Being a Canadian citizen with American business interests it would be a matter of extreme importance that you notify all government agencies before attempting to open a business or do any business with companies in regards to there activities.

If you are being hoaxed, I have to say somebody has gone to elaborate lengths.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't consider myself a naive person at all and I believe this account. I have read many of tttp's threads and posts and though still relatively new around here, can not imagine he would troll for points.

With all the uproar about the Canadian border lately, I could easily see them investigating you, especially if you cross the border regularly. Is the nature of your businesses anything that may red flag you in any way?

As far as govt. people following the law, well we all know they don't always do that. I have absolutely no issue believing the person would not identify themselves, I have had more than my fair share of dealing with cops and federal agencies and trust me they don't always follow the law, and often will break it with impunity.

If someone is hoaxing you this is pretty elaborate.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'm going to chime in here finally after looking over everything and doing a little digging.

1) An e-mail from the FBI would come from the office of the person writing it, and therefore any correspondence would be directed to that particular field office, along with a phone number/extension for the agent involved as well as their id number.

2) The Department of Homeland Security is not shy, they would have no reason to spoof a number with all zeroes unless they were up to something massively sinister, and in this case I hardly feel that is the case.

3) Agents have spell and grammar check and one sentence stands out as being very poorly written :

in regards to THERE activities

No agent that i have ever come across would have made such a glaringly blatant slip like that in an e-mail.. My friend this little chicky thinks you've been hoaxed to the 10th power (pun intended)

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
As I stated in a previous post right here on ATS earlier this week:

The blueprint President Bush is following was laid out in a 2005 report entitled "Building a North American Community" published by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). The CFR report connects the dots between the Bush administration's actual policy on illegal immigration and the drive to create the North American Union: At their meeting in Waco, Texas, at the end of March 2005, U.S. President George W. Bush, Mexican President Vicente Fox, and Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin committed their governments to a path of cooperation and joint action. We welcome this important development and offer this report to add urgency and specific recommendations to strengthen their efforts.

The US, Canada & Mexico have merged. Remember, the European Union is over 50 years old, and the 50th anniversary was celebrated a few years back, in which almost NO ONE, no Europeans joined in the celebration, as they were NOT AWARE of it's existence until the 1980's & had no idea the European Union had been around for 50 years.

This is why the US has open borders. There are hundreds of reports of the DEA operating autonomously in Canada the past few years. As well as in Mexico.

This is no myth people, it has happened. With no input from the citizens of the 3 countries. This is why the Homeland Security is operating in Canada.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
OP it sounds to me that you are being scammed, when you got the FBI email did you get back to them with personal details?
The reason I ask is that it's possible the scammers have gained your details & are now onto stage 2 of the scam which is the phone call to try to gather more details like bank details etc..

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I can do better than that...
I'm a truck driver and this past Feb I had to renew my licence.
this time around not only was I fingerprinted I had to go through a TSA (DHS) background check... they made me pay $125 just for that and then I had to wait 45 days to get my renewed lic... A Licence I've had for twenty years I might add

Turns out we truck drivers are now top suspects and subject to the US Patriot Act Go read this little tidbit

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That's not the "U.S. Department Of Homeland Security", that's the "Department of Homeland Security". They're two different things.

The "Department Of Homeland Security", well that's just them aliens running around trying to make everything look official. So if you go to the cops on that one, they won't help you out. Sometimes they claim to be "Federal Investigators", "Federal Police", an "International Organization", you name it. But unless they can provide picture identification with their name on it, then it is not the "U.S. Department Of Homeland Security". It's more like the "we know everything about you" Homeland Security Department.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yes tothetenthpower, you are the victim of a scam. THESE COMMINUCATIONS ARE NOT FROM THE FBI OR DHS! Spelling errors, spoofed numbers, etc. , you can now THANK US HERE AT ATS for exposing this for you. SEE, we conspiracy theorists are good for something, huh!

And Bravo to you for putting up with our interrogation! Your tenacity on proving you were telling the truth exposed this person/people trying to scam you. If you would have given up, you would have never exposed the truth.

Now, what to do?

What you can do now is KEEP PLAYING ALONG, so you can determine who this is. Be smart, document and verify everything, QUIETLY. PLEASE keep us posted, after all, you owe us at least that!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I'm just wondering after reading this post and replies, about something.

Since you are Canadian, have you thought about forwarding any of this to people within your own government?

Sure, you have businesses in the states, but wouldn't your own government be interested in this happening to you at all?

Heck, I'd even go so far as to report this to your local, or national news!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by octaviameister

I brought this up already. But nothing is real, because at this point they operate stealth as they know it is treason. They hope they've already reduced, and microchipped us before they come out with the truth because they will be met with never ending resistance otherwise.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
So this was a very interesting day at the office for me.

In the past couple of months me and my better half have been thinking about taking various courses in some old trades to bring in some extra money as well as have somethign else to do besides work and the kids.

I recently settled on a Gunsmithing course, as here in New Brunswick there are many hunters and few Gun Smiths to help service firearms. Now the course is a year long, mostly by corespondance.

I applied, had an interview and was immediatley accepted within the program. Now here comes in the interesting part.

I received a phone call at 10 AM from a blocked number. Usually I don't answer numbers I can't verify but luck of the draw I guess. I pick up the phone and person on the other line identifies himself as an agen of the Department Of Homeland Security.

He refused to provide me with a name, an address, his office name or any information at all. He requested all kinds of information on my recent activities in the past 6 months. He also wanted to know why I was interested in Gunsmithing, along with other "questionable" activities they had witnessed me partake in for the last 4 years.

Now I'm a bit stunned that DHS would want to know about the activities of a Canadian citizen, however I do own some property and businesses in the US. But the fact that they had a record of my activity going back 5 years is absurd!

Anybody else had these kind of incidents with FLEA agencies?

~Keeper

Is that rite, eh?

Your not a Canadian unless you end every 2nd sentence with a Eh?, Eh

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was thinking this may be legit until I saw the e-mail. Looks like somebody is either playing a prank, trying to scare you, or you're the victim of a fairly organized attempt to access some of your personal details. This obviously goes above the usual spam type frauds as they're familiar with your activities in the US and are hitting you from multiple fronts. Obviously, don't give them anything! I'm sure we'd all be interested in seeing any further contact you have with "them"

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
you want to get involved with guns, yet you have the "tree of peace" as your avatar....how ironic.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
its a hoax, folks
and heres why:

the nice big SEND button at the top of the Email is the first dead give away.

Is your name *SNIP*? and if not, why did you change it to that, instead of cropping a white botch over that section like you did for all the other sections? it doesnt bode well that its the same font size/ type, ECT.

and another thing, besides the improper and rather cordial grammar dotted through out;

The subject is "information requested" and only one sentence in the second paragraph even mentions anything about any information requested, so my question is was there an attachment or something and if so, could you please upload it (Make it).

----

Hell fire, i just got a great idea, forward the email to the FBI!!! it is a felony offense to impersonate one of them, it might make your friends (or more likely; you) think twice about punking/hoaxing,

[edit on 23-4-2009 by drsmooth23]

[edit on 23-4-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Remember what Janet Napolitano was quoted as saying about the 9/11 hijackers? Is the government trying to scare the people into thinking Canada's a threat. With her interview it is obvious that Home Land Security is looking towards Canada as being an entry point for terrorist. I am not saying harboring terrorists they are just using it as an entry point. They seem to be worried they may have sleeper cells in Canada.

The email from the FBI, real or not. Makes since if you read it. It’s saying because you own a business here in the US and your interested in making selling what ever it said. That with new laws on guns we need to know. With the whole Napolitano quote and the email this does sound like something that is very plausible. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The OP should submit this one to infowars.com as they would love this story I am sure.
Alex would love to interview you most likely.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
RE: E-Mail Letter

If this e-mail was written by an FBI Agent, then they have to send this guy back in school.
Poor grammar, structuring, vocabulary, etc.
Sorry!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

bad post sorry

[edit on 4/23/2009 by Blaine91555]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join