It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIDS immunity by genetic mutation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Research has shown that some are immuned to HIV. Those with an genetic link to the smallpox outbreaks 700 years ago in Europe are the few who have the immunity. Like most heathy people care about this stuff anyway. THe 2nd link is about a Nairobi women who developed immunity to it. There might be something wrong my head but I love researching deadly diseases.

www.health24.co.za...
www.spiritofmaat.com...

www.unknownnews.net...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Interesting links.... I always figured that people in the hardest hit African countries would start to develop natural immunities to AIDS. This seems plausible now.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Some children born with the virus later become immun to it. Last I heard labs were trying to find there immunitie properties.

-Cory

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Do you have any sources to refer to Core?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I got a source on Core's point.
innerself.com...

There is still no cure for it, only treatements that delay the onset for those for most.

I wonder if it is possible for those with the right mutations and children that become immune to it to sell their blood as the cure, i.e. if a vaccine or better treatment can be made from their blood.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I thought that the AIDS virus has always been around in Africa but was genetically tampered by the goverment to use as a biological weapon, This is an opinion, I read something like that somewhere back in the 80's Is funny that the ebola virus came from Africa too.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
THat has been brought up many times in here before. So much controversy and conspiracy about the disease/virus. THe heavy meds patients get for HIV would weaken if not destroy a normal persons immune sytem. Above that there seems to be a correlation between hepatitis vaccines given in the 70's to at risk people who later on developed AIDS. An then there is the ebola virus.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I remember reading (of course, I can't recall where...) that approximately one out of five people, of European descent, have a naturally-occuring amino acid in their body. This results in a "natural" immunity from AIDs, though I believe they still can be carriers.

Another thing, is that HIV/AIDs is based upon certain biological necessities: In order to be diagnosed, you must have a white blood cell of (xxx). Thus, this eliminates many people who exhibit other circumstances of HIV/AIDs, but are otherwise symptomatic of the virus.

What makes HIV/AIDs so difficult to treat/cure is that it is constantly mutating. Thus, such a variety of strains makes it incredibly difficult to adequately "cure" a person of it -- it must be dealt with case by case.

Again, if I recall correctly -- the aforementioned immunity is primarily attributed to the same sort-of thing as smallpox immunity. Additionally, there is some speculation that HIV/AIDs emerged sometime in the past five-hundred years? Does anyone else know (or has anyone else heard) about this? (As opposed to in the twenty years or so)

top topics

join