It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we having ATS Fantasy Football this year?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Is probably to early to be asking this but I know last year it was a hard task to have people jumping on board to later have a lot of last minute members trying to jump in the action. So I would rather see if we can start discussing it early so the word gets out early and people are awareof the league.

For those who didn't participated last year...it was AWSOME... playoff spots where fought the verylast week of the regular season...it was a lot of fun. So be ready when they annoucement comes out so you can reserve your spot early. I dont think their would be that many spots open once those who participated last year reserve theirs.

Who here thinks they can beat the URanus_Sleepers in '09?. This year I'm coming back with a vengeance!!! 16-0 Baby!!

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Bunch]

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Bunch]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think I can get up on Uranus Sleepers....providing my first round draft pick and first picked wide recievers dont get injured like last year. I was able to make a comeback though and even won the minor playoffs woohooo.

Hopefully we do have it, the live draft was great fun, and it was good to see that most of us kept up with the competition all the way through

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I think drafting this year is going to be hard...Im doing my homework early on and everything but the thing about football is that you can't take into consideration the players only... the system that they play in is a big factor too...that hurt me last year but this year I know..it would be a different story come draft day.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I am in if we do. I got spanked in my league last year but I am staged for a major comeback.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I plan on running a league again, so if we can generate some interest early on, that would be great.

I don't know whether to reactivate the old league or start up a new one. Does anyone know if you get to re-draft if you reactivate?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If this becomes a reality,count me in.
----------------------------------------------

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Yes you get to re-draft...as a matter of fact the league I have from my work has been running for the past three years and we have held a new draft every new season, plus you can add, delete, or keep members from previous seasons/

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Awesome

Well count me in for this one

Im up for some revenge seeing as the first half of the comp, )due to injuries) cost me a chance at the major title

Finished strong though

Grrrr..... brady.....grrr

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We have to make sure we get people who are really going to play. It's no fun with just a few people playing.

I know things happen that pull people away from the computer and that's fine. I'm just talking about the people who never really even tried last season. There were a few who never even set their Week 1 lineup.

I'll go back and look at who was active when I re-activate the league and keep those people on. I'll remove everyone else and send invitations to anyone who expresses interest in this thread. Hopefully we can get a few more people.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Yeah good call

It would be good if everyone could be present for the draw this time round. I actually stayed awake til 2am doing it

So is the going to be the official 2009 ATS fantasy football thread?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Nah!

I rarther have N.O.M. opening the offical thread for the league, last year he did an amazing job of keeping everything up to date in the thread.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've never played fantasy _ball, never understood it. But this is going to be my season to sit on the sidelines and figure it out, see what the action is.

Then, next year...I'll play.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm in again this year for sure. I had fun last season.

Hopefully I can make the draft this year although I started with a decent team anyway.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
oh hell yea! I'm down........ w00t

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
BRING IT ON!!! IM SO READY.....

URanus_Sleepers 16-0....

Fight for 2nd.....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You guys ready for another conspira.... I mean, beat down?

The league owner wins the championship. There's gotta be more to it, right? Especially if I win again, right? THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS COINCIDENCES!!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

The science of drafting!

You can draft a team of 12 pro-bowlers from last season and by week 4 they are all gone:

-torn ligament
-arthroscopic surgery
-separated shoulder
-concussion
-dislocation of something
-fracture something
-sprain something

If not they are not producing at the same level of the previous year due to personel changes in the off season, or they just sign the big contract and are out of shape, lack the motivation and that deal.

I have learned my lesson from previous drafts, the first three round are good but from the fourth on is that you REALLY make your team, find those hidden gems.....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Double Post!!! ....wow I havent double posted in a WHILE!!!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Bunch]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yeah I am in this year as well. Coming up in second place last year has left a bad taste in my mouth.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by jwstarry]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Okay, for sure, I am down for that. I am the king of fantasy football, and a huge Eagles fan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join