It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kill...Moan....Beat up computer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This just happend a few days ago. More to add on to my growing list of computer problems :w: ......

My Scvhost has kicked the bucket, it keeps comming up saying that it has genrated
an error for some unknown reson now today after I got that, I got a thing that says
RCP server unavaliable! what is this RCP server? And why does my computer keep saying
Scvhost has genrated an error?

Because what happen was my Scvhost was attacked by the M.Blast thing last summer.
I patched it up and it worked fine until a few days ago. Is it posible I cought it
again or it ate through the patch? Do I have to download the patch again? or what?

When this happens my Virus scan says Refreshing and my control panel shows up in
a frame and it's all screwy! I'm getting tired
of turning off my computer every time this happens. This just happend like BAM! I'm just geting annoyed and I don't want to mess with the registry because I
have no way to back the stuff up I have! and I don't want to mess it up.....and I can't take it to the repare shop because of the school.....

Go here to read up on what happen prior to this....

:bnghd:
:bash::w:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
WinXP im guessing? If so get out your XP CD and Boot it up and run a repair.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
WinXP im guessing? If so get out your XP CD and Boot it up and run a repair.

No....Windows 2000. And the worse part is I don't have a CD! The school kept it.....

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
yes, it sounds very like the symptoms of the dcom exploit/blaster worm on a win2k.

it attacks your remote procedure call (rpc) in svchost.
luckily you're on a win2k, it will just prevent you from doing certain things like copy/pasting.

first do a windows update scan on your machine...
windowsupdate.microsoft.com...

if they don't find anything, reinstall the patch...
www.microsoft.com...

to protect your pc even further, get a firewall and block port 135.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Installing the patch won't help if the worm is already on your system.

Download the cleaning tool from symantec, run it in safe mode, than reboot, and then reinstall the patch.

new topics

top topics

join