It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover up in Antarctica? Evironmental Changes? Something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hello i am new in this forum and here is my story. Probably is just me being crazy or something but actually if you check how things developed it will probably sound strange and crazy to you also

It all started when i was getting interested in Anarctica and checking satellite images with Google Earth and i noticed that there is alot of covered regions in antarctica, in particular a corridor that goes from the center to the coast. So i checked the same region on google maps and found this.

This region refers to the relative google earth map you can see below:

I was simply asking on GE community official forum why that region was not the same both on google earth and google maps. Getting no reply i posted again in another section and the day after i've seen my post deleted...and i tought ok..it was my first post..so maybe i did something wrong.

Fact is the the day after i checked back that region and what i found is that the region satelite image was not the same anymore. More exactly it was replaced with this picture. (which looks more or less like the one on google earth)

So in a first place i thought it was an error. But actually this is not exactly correct. Infact i was just checking the new service of erdas satellite yesterday and i found the region is indeed the same that showed before on google maps. (you can check yourself on erdas site)

So now my question is. what is the correct image and also what are these things that looks more dark than the rest of the ice/snow? Has it to do with some enviromental changes? Cover up of some military experiment? No idea.

Fact is today i've got a reply about it that was actually not a reply but just a way to confuse and point that GE is unprecise and images get distorted. Few minutes after they deleted the last image of erdas from imageshack. So i reposted again.

Any idea?

Hope this is the correct section.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
If there were any millitary things going on there I would guess that there would have to be a base there to right?
If there WERE a base, there would be no way in H that supplies could be brought there regularly, without anyone seeing this or knowing of this and spilling it somewhere

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
There is an awful lot going on in Antarctica at the moment

I have put some information together

Check out this link

LINK

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by suziwong
There is an awful lot going on in Antarctica at the moment

I have put some information together

Check out this link

LINK

ja an awful lot......of penguins and such...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
If there were any millitary things going on there I would guess that there would have to be a base there to right?
If there WERE a base, there would be no way in H that supplies could be brought there regularly, without anyone seeing this or knowing of this and spilling it somewhere

my point about military was more about the fact they basically censored this region now.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by digitalwarrior]

new topics

top topics

join