It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic rituals in the Vatican?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
A number of allegations of Satanism and Satanic rituals at the Vatican, as well as a more general Satanic conspiracy network among high level Catholic prelates, have surfaced over the years. For example, consider the following.

Former Jesuit Malachi Martin’s novel, Windswept House (Doubleday/ Main Street Books), offers a lurid behind the scenes look at a cabal of Vatican insiders...The most outrageous and controversial premise of the novel - described in great detail in the prologue - is that a ceremony was performed in the Vatican in 1963 - an occult ritual which enthroned the fallen archangel Lucifer as the head of the Roman Catholic Church.

Does Dr. Martin believe that this enthronement actually took place in his novel, which could liberally be described as a roman a clef?

“Yes, it did,” he says emphatically.

‘Beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind. But now the place, time, hour etc., are all obfuscated to protect the guilty and save the innocent’…”

Source:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Here's another tidbit:

Martin's accusation of a satanic ritual at the Vatican was also confirmed by John Loeffler, host of the Steel on Steel radio show. Mr. Loeffler personally asked Fr. Malachi Martin (who had been a regular guest on his show) about the reported dedication to satan within the Vatican:

"You know Malachi confirmed—the first part of his book, Windswept House—he confirmed the dedication of the Vatican to satan in a secret ceremony that occurred unknown even to the Pope at that time, that he managed to pick up. And I did ask him, 'Was this true? Did it happen?' And he [Fr. Martin] said, 'yes, it did.'"

- John Loeffler

(July 29, 2000 radio show)

Fr. Malachi Martin said more members of the clergy are becoming aware of the situation. An archbishop several years ago also accused high members of the hierarchy in Rome of practicing satanism. The Italian newspaper Il Tempo and other major daily papers reported this stunning news.

Source:

And then there's this, perhaps less credible but interesting nonetheless:

The Black Mass is the ultimate satanic ritual and eye witnesses in Rome say Henry Kissinger and George H. Bush have attended such rituals in the catacombs of the Vatican.

"To attend a Black Mass at the Vatican is the highest of honors for satanists,” said Leo Zagami, a former high level Illuminati member who recently defected and started telling the truth about the inner secrets of the Vatican satanists.

“I know for a fact George H. Bush and Kissinger have attended Black Masses at the Vatican.”

Alberto Rivera also says that he attended, as a Jesuit, a Black Mass in the Vatican. With the Jesuits. Martin himself did not attend the Black Mass, but he knew of it. He later resigned the Jesuits - around 1972.He was “Laicized” so that he could write books on the corruptions he had seen in the Vatican.

Source:

Other related information of interest can be found at the following links.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I enjoy your posts and you're one of the few posters on here who I will stop and read while skimming a thread, so I'll keep my mouth shut and spare you my usual response to this kind of thread.

I will however say that out of all of these things there are in this world to worry about or be wary of, this should be at the bottom of the list.

I doubt they would risk their cash cow to practice something that could easily be leaked.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
yeah cash. what he said. religion is big business.

but really i think those fools in the vatican would get so bored they probably enjoy twister competitions and a spot of spin the bottle. behind closed doors that is.
Praying to satan would be nothing out of the ordinary during a hard night on the vintage red.
oh yeah and lots of cash.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Satanism in the Vatican
A book published several years ago by a retired priest, Msgr. Luigi Marinelli, caused quite a stir in Italy. Gone With the Wind at the Vatican flew off the shelves as Italians eagerly consumed its stories of greedy bishops, money-laundering prelates, and even sexual abuse. In so doing, he became but the latest Vatican insider to allege that satanic rituals have been performed within the walls of the Holy See. Another recent book, the anonymously written Blood Lies in the Vatican, also hinted at Masonic plots in Rome.

further more

TextThis latest round began with allegations described as “explosive,” made in Rome in November 1996 by an archbishop that members of the Roman Catholic hierarchy there are secretly involved in formal satanic worship. These charges have been confirmed as true by a well-known Vatican insider and are all the more remarkable by the total lack of notice in the US press.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
I enjoy your posts and you're one of the few posters on here who I will stop and read while skimming a thread, so I'll keep my mouth shut and spare you my usual response to this kind of thread.

I will however say that out of all of these things there are in this world to worry about or be wary of, this should be at the bottom of the list.

I doubt they would risk their cash cow to practice something that could easily be leaked.

Thanks for the kind words. A welcome complement.

Actually, I take this issue with a big grain of salt. But I find it interesting nonetheless.

I do think a connection of sorts can be drawn between traditional satanism and traditional catholicism. For one, there is no doubt historically that in the middle ages churchmen swapped grimiores and black magic manuals back and forth, probably more out of scholarly interest/boredum/titilation than anything else. Priests were frequently mentioned in those days in charges for posessing such literature. It makes sense, as they were among the few literates in pre-modern Europe, and interested in such things generally. Also, there has always been a fine line between Catholic exorcism and invocation of demons...something the Protestants were not shy in pointing out during the Reformation. Black magic texts and "officially approved" Catholic exorcism manuals are often barely distinguishable from each other.

Given this long-standing interest in demonology within the church, I don't find it a stretch to imagine there has always been a subset of priests with a less-than-savory interest in the dark arts. Whether or not that actually translates into blasphemous rituals in the bowels of the Vatican is, of course, a different matter.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I am not sure if this is actually ment to be satanic, because obviously lucifer is or was a fallen angel, who dared to protest god's will.
For my opinion Lucifer is a undeniable part of religion, because anyone who believes in god has to believe in his counterpart too. It would be ignorant to say this was ment as a satanic ritual. A few years back, when I was in church the last time i saw in that singing book thing, that there were a few songs, which had to do with lucifer and Uriel.
Any way how I do beleive that the Satanic belief does not worship Lucifer because he is just the Monarch of one part of "Hell". I think Moloch is worshipped, but I am not sure.

[edit on 21/4/2009 by Pakd-on-mystery]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
I am not sure if this is actually ment to be satanic, because obviously lucifer is or was a fallen angel, who dared to protest god's will.
For my opinion Lucifer is a undeniable part of religion, because anyone who believes in god has to believe in his counterpart too. It would be ignorant to say this was ment as a satanic ritual. A few years back, when I was in church the last time i saw in that singing book thing, that there were a few songs, which had to do with lucifer and Uriel.
Any way how I do beleive that the Satanic belief does not worship Lucifer because he is just the Monarch of one part of "Hell". I think Moloch is worshipped, but I am not sure.

[edit on 21/4/2009 by Pakd-on-mystery]

Good point, its important to draw a distinction between Luciferianism and Statanism, which are often different (but perhaps just as often, the line between them is blurred for all practical purpuses).

There are various different groups and traditions that identify themselves as "Satanic", "Luciferian", or more generally sinister (not drawing much of a distinction). Some of them worship a being they call Satan or Lucifer, while others don't worship any being and see the sinister beings Satan and/or Lucifer as representative of human freedom and the ego's exaultation. Still others try to contact these beings and cut bargans or wheedle various perceived powers from them, without actually "worshiping" them. Like all religions, there are a bunch of different and often conflicting beliefs parading under these names.

For those that do draw a distinction between Satan and Lucifer and see tham as actual, distinct beings, Lucifer is usually identified with a high angelic being who was originally in God's favor before falling and taking a host of fallen angels with him. Satan is usually considered an older and e shadowy adversary to God and often identified with Satanel, the serpent who tempted Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. Moloch, who you mentioned, is a gigantic owl-shaped god of the Cannanites who demands the burnt sacrifice of chldren. As far as I know he isn't often specifically identified with either Lucifer or Satan, although his name shows up regularly on lists of lesser demons, along with other non-Hebrew gods and deities of the Middle East that Christianity and Judaism have turned into sinister beings in their pantheons.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
very interesting. Thanks for puttin that straight for me, I find it very very interesting, and I just thought I could mention that

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Interesting thread, thank you.

Originally posted by silent thunder
Moloch, who you mentioned, is a gigantic owl-shaped god of the Cannanites who demands the burnt sacrifice of chldren

I was under the impression that moloch was a represented by a bull. The bible describes it as a bull/calf and the national idol of the Ammonites.

I've actually done a fair amount of research and besides anti-masonic websites discussing bohemian grove (and quoting each other as sources), I could never find any reference of moloch under any of it's various names (molech/molekh/molek/Milcom/Malcam) being an owl.

If you come across a good source, let us know.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by the siren
Interesting thread, thank you.

Moloch, who you mentioned, is a gigantic owl-shaped god of the Cannanites who demands the burnt sacrifice of chldren

I was under the impression that moloch was a represented by a bull. The bible describes it as a bull/calf and the national idol of the Ammonites.

I've actually done a fair amount of research and besides anti-masonic websites discussing bohemian grove (and quoting each other as sources), I could never find any reference of moloch under any of it's various names (molech/molekh/molek/Milcom/Malcam) being an owl.

If you come across a good source, let us know.

Interesting. Seems to be a rather controversial point.

My initial understanding of Moloch as an owl derives from the imagery of the creature at the Bohemian Grove rituals:

en.wikipedia.org...

Googling, there are lots of references to moloch being associated with an owl form, although the topic is rife with controversy and nay-saying:

www.google.com...

A more emphatic "Moloch as owl" page:
www.cremationofcare.com...

Here are some folks on Yahoo Answers battling out the Moloch bull/owl controversy:
answers.yahoo.com...

Make of it what you will...after looking at some of this, it seems that the most traditional images of Moloch are in bull or human form, but that a number of owl-like images of the deity also exist, perhaps more so as one approaches modernity.

[edit on 4/21/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
www.prophecycorner.theforeverfamily.com...

a friendly gesture (?), (from the pope).

edit: perhaps an impersonator...

[edit on 21-4-2009 by dirtusbagious]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtusbagious
www.prophecycorner.theforeverfamily.com...

a friendly gesture (?), (from the pope).

edit: perhaps an impersonator...

[edit on 21-4-2009 by dirtusbagious]

I am not claiming the Pope is actually involved in anything below-the-board, but "Darth Benedict" always seems to have this evil leer on his face, or else those deep sunken eyes ringed with red or black...I know you can't judge a book by its cover, but that is one seriously sinster-looking cover he's got goin' on there.

Some pics:
www.livrariaresposta.com.br...
dwerf.files.wordpress.com...
www.chinadaily.com.cn...
www.axarquia.com...
www.ilnostrotempo.it...
www.ignatius.com...

Hardly what I would call saintly or even flattering, to say the least...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hi

A friend of mine, who knew malachi well asked him about it and he said it was true and gave him the names. Then Malachi had a falling out with the church due to the many unheeded warnings given him about his eye for the ladies. Malachi left the order.

My friend said that he then followed up on what happened to the perpetrators, the Satanists, he asked a friend of his who was a Cardinal. The Cardinal said that the Church can either excommunicate, ask them to resign, or....and here it is.....this is what happened to the creeps....they were transferred to Tehran.....during very turbulent times...even more so than now.

He told me they were all dead within 2 years.

Take it or leave it, that is what I was told and I totally trust my source.

STM

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Hi

A friend of mine, who knew malachi well asked him about it and he said it was true and gave him the names. Then Malachi had a falling out with the church due to the many unheeded warnings given him about his eye for the ladies. Malachi left the order.

My friend said that he then followed up on what happened to the perpetrators, the Satanists, he asked a friend of his who was a Cardinal. The Cardinal said that the Church can either excommunicate, ask them to resign, or....and here it is.....this is what happened to the creeps....they were transferred to Tehran.....during very turbulent times...even more so than now.

He told me they were all dead within 2 years.

Take it or leave it, that is what I was told and I totally trust my source.

STM

My parents collected a lot of books, letters and the likes of M. Martin over the years, and after some study, none of this surprises me....
Very interesting.
There's some hokey pokey going on, to say the least, and I suspect always has been...
I don't have a problem with Catholics, but the Vatican....and the Church's history....is another matter.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
yeah cash. what he said. religion is big business.

but really i think those fools in the vatican would get so bored they probably enjoy twister competitions and a spot of spin the bottle. behind closed doors that is.
Praying to satan would be nothing out of the ordinary during a hard night on the vintage red.
oh yeah and lots of cash.

LOL hard night on the vintage red hehe. Well, the modern Catholic Church and the Vatican are not as wealthy as one could imagine. Most of the land and property they formerly owned was confiscated by the state of Italy in 1870. Mussolini made it so that in 1929 the Vatican was given a one time ammount of 750 mill Lire and bonds and stocks worth about a billion. Most of the income of the Vatican originates from investments made by the Vatican Bank using these means, the rest comes mostly from donations, but also income from their around 1000 properties in and around Rome. The values of the Vatican and the Catholic Church are primarily bound in unsellable properties, art and relics. Infact the annual national budget of the Vatican State is about 270 million dollars or less than most American universities. In comparison a Norwegian state budget is over 100 billion dollars, and the US budget is about $3 trillion.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Malachi Martin’s novel, Windswept House (

.... is fiction.

However, if you want to humor Fr. Martin and say that he was putting out truth under the guise of fiction in order to educate people .... let's look at what he said.

He said that perhaps up to 10% of those in charge in Rome were in on this. Not the pope, not the regular priests people see in their churches, and most of all - most Cardinals and Bishops weren't in on it.

www.tldm.org...

I happen to think that it probably IS true. It probably happened. It wasn't an official thing but instead was something that happened because Satanists infiltrated the church and became 'priests' in order to desecrate it.

Much the same way that pedophiles infiltrated the church and entered the 'priesthood' because they saw a good hunting ground.

top topics

join