It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your wall clocks losing time?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here's the deal I have several nice old wind up clocks on my walls, you could say I'm a collector and take good care of my vintage clocks... They get regular service even to the point I've had the pendulum tuned... so normally over the course of a year my clocks are not to far off what the computer clock says...

For the last three months all my wall clocks have been dropping five minutes per month... not one of them, all of them... Now I wouldn't normally think it strange for one clock to lose a few minutes but all of them? on different walls in different rooms and there all off by the same time? even the one battery clock we keep in the kitchen?

So anyone else notice this?
is it just my clocks?
I asked one friend and he put forth the idea, it just means were that much closer to a pole shift?

What do you think?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

That's really fascinating. I wonder if you've kept a log of how much time they lose, to see what happens when? We have only one clock in our house, and it drives me nuts with how it slows down. I did think it was because the batteries weren't very good, but it's been through 3 in about 5 months. You're making me question this now....

[edit on 20-4-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I havent noticed this but I have noticed my computer displaying mins behind at various times from my digital box clock. It's always insync but lately I have noticed at times for the time on my laptop to be about 4-5 mins off. It seems to adjust itself. I dont know why this happens but it might be my computer.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Both of my Wall clocks are radio controlled and not of the pendulum type so i can't say either way - the clocks reset them selves each night. I'll be interested to see if anyone else has noticed a loss of time with pendulum clocks though, could it be something to do with the earths magnetic field/pull? - but that is just purely a random stab in the dark guess
, hope you get a few more replies, this could be an interesting thread

[edit on 20-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
interesting. I have a rolex (not bragging) and it seems to gain time to my office pc clock by about 3 minutes a month. Im now wondering if its my watch thats right and other time is slowing down? Saves me a fortune in getting it serviced if so

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Haha, I spent 300 dollars on this really nice watch at a local dealers business.

After a month having it, it losing approximately 20 minutes to the hour. Which is frustrating, when you look down and think you have plenty of time to go, then you realize, SH i'm late!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Pendulum clocks loose time when the season change because they are affected quite a bit by changes in humidity and temperature.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well I'm gonna guess since your on the internet your computer clock is updating time over the net - to UTC I think it's called... and your fine old clocks (I'm slightly jealous - I want to collect time pieces one day
) are clockwork correct?

So that leaves your modern wall clocks more than likely using quartz - the quartz vibrates at a very constant rate giving it a frequency... That is why it's great for general time keeping. The pole switch idea is an interesting one... But personally if ALL your quartz driven time pieces are doing the same I would lean towards something interfering with the way the little circuit board reads the quartz freq... I would, of the top of my head say strong radio interference? It could be a freak conjunction of the different wavelengths... And that could be very localised (ie your house).

Would be interesting if 2 clocks showed the same problem and then you could shield one (tin foil would work, wrap it up and toss it in a draw for a week or month) and see what occurs then.

Or is someone just playing a joke on you?
just thought of that!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am so glad you asked this!!

All my clocks have been an hour behind of everyone else since March of this year and I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY! If anyone has any info regarding why this might be happening please tell me!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElmiraViking
Pendulum clocks loose time when the season change because they are affected quite a bit by changes in humidity and temperature.

True but temp and humidity are controlled in my home as well as the air being well filtered... came about because of having to replace the old furnace last spring and replacing it with a start of the art heat pump... sorry I thought of that too...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I wasn't gonna respond because I don't have anything solid to contribute to your problem. But I noticed you are in Albuquerue and that is where I was the last time I noticed time slowing down.

It happened in November 2005 for a period of 2 days. Between Friday the 4th and Sunday the 6th It seemed like I lost a day or two. Unfortunately I didn't have many clocks running and the one that was running got unplugged.

Long story short, As a result of the experience I don't consider myself to know much about time or time keeping.

I think something may be trying to cross over into this world from an adjacent dimension and Albuquerque is the place of the crossing.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow[/url]

ha ha

because time doesn't really matter, yes.

my grandfather used to complain every year about daylight saving, moving the clocks forward an hour, and would never turn up to an appointment on time. always an hour late and argue the fact.

I think it's an age/weather /manufacture problem also. clocks just, as best they can, give some measure of accuracy (and pehaps a feeling of control) to that ball of fire that flys overhead every 'day'.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I've noticed this on my wall clock and on my digital allarm clocks in the bedroom and kitchen... but been noticing it much longer then 3 months, must be over a year, maybe almost two years.
Every now and then they run a few min behind, I can't say if it is every month or two months but I'm going to start paying more attention to this now.

Interesting that you post this topic today since I was thinking earlier about an article I read a while back. I have to look up the specifics, but it was about a guy who said that our time is speeding up and that a lot of people start noticing this.
He said that what we perceive as 24 hours (2 h in a day as it has always been) are now in reality only 16 hours...

edited to add link to article
www.universeofsuccess.com...

[edit on 20-4-2009 by GypsK]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
May just be the winding not taking or battery problems. As for your computer I've seen plenty of times where time difference and changes over different seasons can cause problems.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I collect timepieces and have a few nice wrist watches including Bulova, Invicta, Movado and we also have an old windup pendulum clock hanging on a wall. I haven't noticed and errors with any of my wristwatches. I will make sure the pendulum clock is synced correctly with all my other clocks and keep a log and report back if I notice any major loses in time.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There was a thread not long ago where people were posting their
recent experiences with their compasses not reading correctly.
I have read other personal accounts of this phenom from other sources as well.
I vote the thing we cannot see - but wish we could -
A pole shift.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I had a strange clock experience a few days ago, so this thread title alone was enough to give me a little chill.

My clock is a battery powered wall clock. It does have a pendulum, but it's just for show. The pendulum is not attached to the mechanics of the clock, and the clock will still run with the pendulum stopped.

My clock starting slowing down bigtime, just like it does when the battery runs out, although this time it was different. About a day later, it started up again. Not only did it start up, but it did so only four minutes ahead of the actual time.

It's been about 3 or 4 days now since it returned to the normal speed. It's still four minutes ahead of the actual time. I've had this clock for years, and it's never done this before.

edit - I should probably add that when it got behind, it was hours behind. I noticed at one time of that day that it was about 6 hours behind.

[edit on 4/20/2009 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
About once a week I notice the clock by my bed, one of those nice iHome things (from Apple) seems to be anywhere from 3-5 minutes off of my computer clock and the TV (it's AT&T U-verse). It struck me as odd, but I never thought much about it until seeing this thread.

Something I'll definalty have to pay more attention to.

Edit to add: The clock that always seems to be off is always pluged into the wall, unless we lose power (mostly from a storm, which hasn't happened in a long time), then it runs off of a battery.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by riddle6]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well here's what I'm going to do...
I just finished running around winding up all the clocks and changed the batteries in two of my modern ones. I set all of them to the US atomic clock Time. Gov

Now twice a day (or when I remember too) I will go around and note what time each is recording... Just one other little thing of note, or maybe not... while thinking about the problem and possible cause I did notice that all my clocks are roughly aligned east to west... Don't know if that makes a diff either???

But one thing keeps popping into my head... to a pendulum clock its the swing that marks time and if all the clocks are running slower then the pendulum's has to be falling slower... but would a slight decrease of gravity effect the quartz Chrystal in a modern clock?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think time is speeding up. People always say how the years are flying by, and how they seem to fly by faster every year. Maybe time as we know is speeding up because of universal changes or events. God knows what happens beyond our atmosphere. I fully believe its possible that we are losing time.
What an awesome thread. Good post!!

I am going to keep an eye on all of our clocks now.

Peace.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join