It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

future evolution of man?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
We have all seen those photos of Aliens with big heads, big eyes, thin bodies, and 3 fingers right?

Perhaps we will look like that in the future as our evolution progresses?

Think about it.
1. Our brains will get bigger, as well as our eyes. THis
this explains the big heads and eyes

2. We will get thinner and weaker because mechanical machines will replace most of our jobs that requires physical work.

3. We will only have three fingers, the thumb, index, and middle. The other two have little function anyways (especially the pinky)

I read this somewhere...I dont remeber where though

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Sounds like a theory of mine that I posted on the message board dealing with Aliens and UFO's under the "What if" subject..here is my post....

posted on 16-1-2003 at 15:23

Future Humans

OK think about this...what if all the different species of "aliens" are from different times in the future..for example the small greys are from 50,000 years in the future, the tall greys are from 100,000 years in the future, and the insectoids are from 1,000,000 years in the future. Just an evolutionary path in the human species that are coming back in time to make small adjustments to turn things thier way. And as far as the Betty and Barny Hill case...when the aliens told the Hill's where they were from, it could still be human. If they were humans from the future, who is to say that they aren't living in different star systems by then??

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have heard this theory alot, in many places. No offence, but it is nothing new.

XAOS

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hard to say where things will go, particularly with surgery and some possible genetic modification.

Huge eyes actually have no advantage, nor does an oversized skull. It's actually the number of "wrinkles" on the brain (gyri) that are more important than overall size.

I can see human evolution being more of a directed thing in the future -- bodies that age better, stronger, faster, better eyesight... and if you're living on another planet, using genetic engineering for forced evolution to help you live better on that planet.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Huge eyes actually have no advantage, nor does an oversized skull. It's actually the number of "wrinkles" on the brain (gyri) that are more important than overall size.

I can see human evolution being more of a directed thing in the future -- bodies that age better, stronger, faster, better eyesight... and if you're living on another planet, using genetic engineering for forced evolution to help you live better on that planet.

Actually bigger eyes(rather Pupils) do have advantage. It allows more light to come in, so better visibility in the dark.

Why would we become stronger though?, As i see it most work that requires strength is being done by machines.

[Edited on 5-2-2003 by Mr.E]

[Edited on 5-2-2003 by Mr.E]

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This idea was mentioned in the thread on time travelers.

XAOS

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
No Offense, but I think mankind would be at a better advantage if we learned how to use our brains to the rull capcity rather than have them enlarged.

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Actually our brains are getting bigger for the first time in centuries. Our brains are very slowly starting to expand on the sides, last I heard. Our heads are not getting "bigger," as much as getting "wider." The male and female brains work a lot differently. Genetic engineering might put us both back on the right track. Men have better spacial recognition, while women can multitask and have better connection between the hemispheres (corpus collosum (sp?)). If we wired our brain correctly, we would learn much faster and store things more efficiently. We might be able to use all that left over space

Larger eyes can have an advantage, but more importantly, how our brain interprets the signals our eyes receive will determine whether we can see more colors, infrared, ultraviolet, and a large spectra of other wavelengths. Essentially, larger eyes will allow us to see a wider area at one time... along with eye positioning. Eyes too far apart lose the 3-d effect.

Our overall body stature is not likely to change that much because certain body types are seen as more beautiful or able to survive. Taller men, perhaps unfairly, are seen as more attractive, virile, and powerful. These allow mating possibilities to be more readily available. Evolution would not get rid of these things unless there was a drastic change in nearly every aspect of living. More surface area helps the body to sweat more. More hair keeps the body warm. Whiter skin allows for vitamin D to be formed from sunlight. The layer of fat attached to our skin allows for better swimming and thermal control. The list goes on and on. We are designed very well and the future will not change us unless we have to adapt to a terribly different environment.... perhaps space.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I agree with Byrd...From what I've been reading about genetics, I firmly believe that biotech is the future of human evolution.

...For good or ill...

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Gattica...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
two firm things that has been happening over the centuries

we are getting taller (for instance, my generation (i'm 18, gen Y) is on average 2 inches taller then my parents', also, ever been to, say, pompei? those full grown people are damned tiny)

and blonde hair is going away (i have heard that in 20 years there will be no more natural blonde's born

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I agree with this idea a lot I figured that aliens that are usually seen (intelligent) were just highly advanced versions of ourselves... And as for the growing taller the the Nephelm were refered to as giants in the bible... Since they created us in there image then it would only make sense that we end up like them...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
look at my profile picture

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Mankind is evolving alright, but not for the better. The way I see it, man is evolving into a bunch of fat, lazy, spoiled, and uneducated morons unable to take care of themselves if the government didn't.

Why would our brains be expanding? We only use a fraction of our brain at its current size. Are we supposed to wake up some day and be zapped with wisdom and intelligence? Don't count on it. It is my firm belief that man, long ago, was able to utilize most of the brains capacity. What happened? Similar in a way to not using a muscle, our brains have suffered genetic entropy.

How could the ancients build such a perfect structure as the great pyramid of Giza with hammers and chisels and we can't do so today with all of our gadgets and gizmos?

Heck, todays society needs a spell checker to produce a letter not to mention the fact that articulation and grammar have become an increasingly lost art of communication.

Someone please prove to me that I'm wrong...I hope you can do it...I want to hope that man is on a positive course for the sake of future generations.

deleted

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by deleted]

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinster
look at my profile picture

What the flying philadephian # is that lol

and "Mankind is evolving alright, but not for the better. The way I see it, man is evolving into a bunch of fat, lazy, spoiled, and uneducated morons unable to take care of themselves if the government didn't.
"

Well said deleted.

"Similar in a way to not using a muscle, our brains have suffered genetic entropy.
"
Jesus on a bicycle, great hypothese.
And you are right when you say people dont use half of their brains at least. This is where metaprogramming drugs come in play, they act as neuro transmitters and activate extraterrestrial circuits.

[Edited on 7-3-2003 by Tyler]

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Uhh...Tyler,

Can you locate some of those metaprogramming drugs for me? I need an interdimensional tweak about now.

deleted

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There are 8 principal circuits.

Normal domesticated ape uses 4 in the left part of the frontal lobe.

The other 4 are in the right lobe which are.

5th is the neurosomatic circuit activated by yoga, tantric sex and ... POT

6th is ... wait, just go here
www.deoxy.org...
And you can read it in more details.
Also read some books by Leary PhD
He is the metaprogramming guru

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I was just joshing Tyler. I know all about the subject.

One might say I was metaprogrammed beyond comprehension in my early years.

What a long, strange trip it's been...

deleted

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I hate it when people say "we only use a fraction of our brains"

add "at a time" to that

we only use a fraction of our brains AT A TIME

but we use every area of our brain at one time or another in the course of, oh, say a day, or a week maybe

show me a brain map taken over time and show me this mysterious area (i've heard ranges from 75 to 99.9 percent) that we dont use and maybe i'll believe it

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
KKing123,

I never mentioned a specific area of the brain being void of activity although I'm probably missing half my brain cells and voids are a distinct possibility. As a matter of fact, I must have some kind of void in the noggin because it seems that gasses constantly form somewhere in there and create brain farts...but that's just me.

I used an analogy of the brain being a muscle. If a persons muscles in ones arms and back are initially conditioned to lift 100 lbs but the same muscles are not subsequently required to lift more than 10 lbs, then that person is using a fraction of their potential strength. With that given scenario, how long would it be before lifting 100 lbs would be impossible?

Current people of intelligence increase brain power by mentally lifting 10 lbs over and over again, but no person alive today is capable of utilizing 100% of the brain at any one given moment. It is my contention that mankind was indeed capable of such brain power, but that was long, long ago.

deleted

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join