It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Never Been More Proud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So this past Saturday was my sons first baseball game. He's in the 5-6 year old league. He has his uniform. His glove is oiled and ready to go. His hat and batting helmet are also ready to go.

The system is downright perfect. Two teams playing one another. 4 Innings. Everyone gets to bat in each inning. No scores are kept. After each player bats, the inning is over. The fundamentals are taught, and the love of the game is what really matters. Not T-Ball. it is an actual pitched game. The coach of each team pitches to his own players. Man, let me tell you. These guys are fantastic. They have the patience of saints. NOTHING but support for each player.

My son had his 4 at bats. He is batting 1000!!!! He hit the ball all 4 times.
1) second pitch
2) second pitch
3) first pitch
4) second pitch

Simply fantastic. He and his team mates ran the bases. (Even if your out, your not out. You get to stand on base and run.) I can't wait until next weeks game!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
That is awesome.

Maybe he'll be playing for the Pirat.... ummm Phillies some day.

When I was 22-23 years old, I helped a friend coach 6-7 year olds. It was a blast.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I remember my youngest daughter playing T ball, ball hit from a post type thing rather than pitched. In the out field she would just play in the sand. She only played one season, needless to say.

You have really shown him the love of the game.
And yes kudos to all coaches, I couldn't do it.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Proud Dad...

And rightfully so!!!!

Way to go to the Lombo Team!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm not qualified to coach baseball. I'm a football guy. I played safety. I hit anyone who came into my area as hard as I could. I was a sprinter in track, and was pretty fast. No one got away from me. I ground dirt into my shoulder pads which made them squeak. Then I would scream like a Banshee when closing in. I had more than one opposing player run out of bounds to avoid contact. My nickname was "The Maniac".

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hooray, for team Lombo...

Baseball. The stuff
dreams are made of. Bottom of the ninth, score tied...who hasn't dreamed?

Sounds like a blast was had by all. Pictures, dude...pictures.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Teach him from an early age how to throw a knuckle ball. If he ever becomes adept at it (control-wise), he could make some good bank and the pitch puts very little stress on the arm.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
That sounds like a great way to introduce the sport to them. I can't deal with the whole little league scene. I don't have kids but have watched many of my friends kids play. The way some of the parents act, screaming, yelling, belittling their children cause they dropped a ball let it pass or struck out. Makes me want to bash their heads in. But
to little L.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Nope. Nothing but positive reinforcement. Why chastise a child who is learning?
Make he/she feel great about it! Yes there are girls on the team as well. Amanda is the best player on the team. She can field, and has an amazing swing!
I don't understand parents who denigrate their childrens efforts. Do I cheer? YOU BET I DO! For both teams. Do I cheer louder for my L'il Dude? Yes I do. But I NEVER scream advice. That is the coaches job. I just love my kid.
I know. I'm a weenie. Can't help it.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by lombozo]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

I'm a weenie. Can't help it.

Well, good for you... Yep, you're just a great big weenie. Too bad more parents aren't.

[edit on 4/21/2009 by seagull]

new topics

top topics

join