It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the spelling so bad?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amet Khan
The southern US twang is linguistically descended from the wess vinglun!

Folks in Kentucky get stung by wopses, too

Ahhhhh geez. This is fun. I could give ya'll a whole lesson in southern twang, spelling, pronounciation, and articulation. It's awfully excitin', 'specially for the chillun.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Somehow this post has tracked off on a path of its own. With regard to the original post, I absolutely agree. Whether it's appropriate or not, spelling and grammar imply a lot with respect to the perceived intelligence of the writer.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Come now, you silly twats!

Spelling and grammar is not linked to intelligence, its linked to how anal you are about perfectioN! Sure, I always seem to be correct and attentive to which form of "there" I'm using (I like "they're" the best, don't ask why, I'm just like that) but it's not because I'm smart...it's because I'm anal about it!

It's a computer.....we can't waste 1/1000 of a second to reach our pinky across the vast keyboard and press an apostrophe, or take a few moments to contemplate how, in this specific case, a comma should be used.

I do this simply because I prefer to type perfectly because I'm anal about it. But there are other times I prefer to type in all caps, no spaces. LIKETHISITMAKESITMUCHHARDERTOREADWHATIAMWRITINGANDONCEDECODEDITSTAYSINTHEREADERSHEADLONGER. I just wrote, "Like this, it makes it much harder to read what I am writing and once decoded, it stays in the readers head longer."

Typographical anarchy my friends. Use it as your reason for bad spelling and grammar.

I do.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join