It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elctrophenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hello! I was an eyewitness of some strange electric phenomenon this evening some 2 hours ago. I live in Latvia (Europe).

So I was sitting at my PC just chilling (with no drug or alcohol usage whatsoever), and then it happened... The power went out for about a second or two, it wouldn't be anything unusual, if it wasn't for the strange, bright light that enlightened my windows and backyard.

The strange thing is that my father saw it too enlightening windows at the opposite site of the house. So the source most probably came from above, as the light didn't in any window particularly and from the beam direction I therefore conclude that the source of light was indeed somewhere above the house.

In the beginning I thought that it might be lightning, but the sky is completely clear when I went out I could see the stars without any effort. And there was no thunder after the light nor at the time it occurred.

Then my second explanation was that some branch or tree could have felt on the power lines, but as I deduced earlier light most probably came from above... And even it didn't came from above. It is impossible to say that the flash came from power lines because I have seen it and heard it many times and it wasnt like the think this evening.

So as I have no convincing clues or proofs of what have I witnessed this evening I ask the question to you. What was it?

(Excuse for my grammar if I have some errors in text.)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Quite an interesting story there mate.

Sounds almost like a scene taken from the movie "Close Encounter of the Third Kind"

I have no idea what it could have been, but if I let me use my imagination I would guess Alien event.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Do you think that power outage could be caused by Aliens?

I don't know very well about Alien encounters and such things. Maybe some UFO expert could say whether it is typical when UFO appears.

Also we in family have discussed meteorite idea. That have burned in atmosphere and created some electric discharge.

On the other hand we don't deny that it might be UFO.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by archasama

Many alien encounters told by eye witnesses do speak of electricity failing just to come back on as the event stops.

So sure, an Alien encounter could be what was happening.
It doesn't HAVE to be that but it sure could.

From what is described I can't think of anything else atm.

top topics

join