It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SXWC) A request

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Emergency message: Request for direct intervention on planet ‘Earth’ in accordance with galactic protocol 43.

Message reads:

The majority of the peoples of Earth have failed entirely to heed all of our passive communication attempts in regard to the impending crossing of their planet through the galactic plane. Minimal precautions have been made by a relatively small number of privileged individuals for preservation, once again demonstrating the leaders of this species inability to properly care for the planet or its people. The Earths proximity to the galactic plane has now begun to cause major tectonic and volcanic activity on the surface which could be adequately described as catastrophic. Civil disorder and religious anarchy has taken hold in the areas less affected by said geological upheaval.
The attempts at warning the species without alerting them directly to our presence has failed utterly. Geometric and mathematical symbolism left imprinted on the surface of the planet, has not been de-coded. This is evidenced by the lack of underground preservation bunker construction. Even a number of drone-cloak failures near the symbol sites over the tenure of our watch did not convince the Earth’s leaders of the messages authenticity. With this in mind, It is highly unlikely that the human race will survive to a sustainable degree due to lack of preparation and we are therefore left with no choice but to intervene If it’s life is to continue. The manor of the intervention will be left to the council’s discretion and what follows is an outline of the available choices from the perspective of the head watcher of this planet.

1. Direct contact and aided construction/evacuation. This option is likely the least favourable for us as the resources needed would be enormous and due to the species immature nature, integration into extraterrestrial societies would be mostly impossible. It would however, preserve the custodial species and much of the rest of the life of Earth but the worth of this action is arguable. Aided construction of habitable havens could not happen without revealing ourselves to the entire population and with time constraints, could prove difficult.

2. Genetic collection and minimal preservation. A more realistic alternative would be the discrete collection of genetic material in a similar fashion to our past collections, only scaled up to accommodate the time constraints.

3. Continued passive observance of next phase of human civilization depending on its survival. If the species does survive to re-build a civilization between the ending of this cycle and the next crossing, it will then be possible to continue observing their progress and possibly use a differing communication technique to advise them of their planet’s long term cycles.

In conclusion then, it seems the human race is on a knife edge. It could be construed that we are somewhat responsible for the species predicament in that our warnings were not recognised as such. Although we are not obligated by anything but compassion to help this fledgling species, It is my professional opinion that there may be worth in helping them. Aside from their natural hostility and lack of collective awareness, they do show ingenuity and display admirable traits such as love, charity and occasionally heroism. Of course, major changes need to take place in the mind set and social structure of the species but the potential is there, If you chose to see it.

This is then, a formal request from the head watcher of this sector for direct or continued passive intervention on the planet Earth by our forces in order to preserve the life which flourishes there. Again, I leave the specific nature of any action to the council and hope to have your response soon.

Earth year 2012
5067th Earth year of observance.
Message ends.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Good one Chonx

I don't believe we've done a good job of taking care our Earth plus fellow man and that's exactly what inspired my own "Message"

We won't know until we get there though so hopefully we're starting to turn things around

[edit on 19-4-2009 by OrangeJuice]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Umm...I guess you can put me down as "for" option #1. Yeah sure, it will be a lot of trouble and use a lot of resources (we call that "money" here) but just this once, do it for me okay? Maybe that's not a real good reason to you but I've given it a lot of thought and I think it's a really really great idea. You'll just have to trust me on this one. Thanks ever so much for your future help.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thanks OJ! I'm about half way through your own entry...the gory opening scene totally got me hooked.

mssmrtypants......you know I'm not actually an alien charged with watching humanity right?!?!!? good.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Great story my friend, I hope you do well in the contest.

wupy

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Cheers!

I didn't take too much time over it and I'm not entirely sure I nailed the angle I was going for..... In any case, its no final warning is it.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ah, those damned chicken alien observers. All 'hands off, leave them to their own devises' but no 'Hey, how y'all doing, can we help?'.

Just like what you'd expect a bunch of quintuple-eyed, tentacled fuss-budgets in shiny robes lounging on antigrav couches, sipping fine Beteljuice while deciding the future of the human race. Or were they discussing the ants?

You have a way with official documents, Chonx. I'm wondering if you've spent time in the offices of the United Nations drafting up procedures for forced migrations due to the desertification of sub-Saharan countries?

I'm kidding you.

Nicely written and just a wee bit frightening to consider.

top topics

join