It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Antichrist Know He's the Antichrist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
KingLizard.

The Anti-Christ could be good and pious, but chose not to follow Christ and for this be killed ?

Deep

Maybe not believing in Christ allows for the possibility of the devil entering the person. If you believe and trust in the lord then he lives in you thereby not allowing the devil to take hold.

To be honest I don�t know, I started reading the bible six months ago and haven�t read through revelations yet. I just did a simple search through the scripture for �antichrist� and came up with four verses. Every verse seemed to talk of many antichrists rather than one. So I assumed he isn�t one particular person.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Maybe not believing in Christ allows for the possibility of the devil entering the person. If you believe and trust in the lord then he lives in you thereby not allowing the devil to take hold.

Wow, half the damn world must just really be demons in disguise.

Deep

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
[Edited on 24-4-2004 by kinglizard]

Brilit fundie logic!

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo
OK. I've been pondering this one for a while, and searching my butt off both on ATS and google for the answer, and I haven't found it, so maybe someone can help me.

Does the Antichrist know that he's the Antichrist?

Maybe we could just e-mail the Kerry campain and ask Him?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

q) will the antichrist know he's the antichrist?
a) I would imagine so, it will probably come to him in some sort of vision, and that will turn his terrible chain of events into motion.

The opposite my freind.

The terrible chain of events which he shall set into notion unknowingly will allow him and others to realize his true guise.

Deep

I agree with you on that, Deep- the priest's answer on that one really surprised me.

he did only say "no comment" when i asked about the next pope being the antichrist- he actually looked offended that i even asked- but he said i could ask anything, and that i did.

I too always thought that catholics didn't buy into all the antichrist stuff- I was raised catholic, but rarely attend church, and i know very little about what the catholic views on end time events are.

Quite honestly, i was surprised that this priest even spoke on the topic- i used to bring it up to the priest at my church when i was little, asking about the devil and stuff, and the priest just shrugged it off- but this priest is very open about his views on things.

and I'm sure that the next pope is already picked, and even being groomed to become the pontif as we speak... sad to say, but it's obviously just a matter of time, and probably a short amount, before the current pope passes.

link   
Wouldnt it be an interesting thought if the beast was not a person(s) but instead represented controlling governments.

The head with the wound, healed...(New York),

and other coorolations.

Of the 10 heads..

Red China - or communism
USA - democracy
Arabic Nations - Allah

etc.

link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock

OK. I've been pondering this one for a while, and searching my butt off both on ATS and google for the answer, and I haven't found it, so maybe someone can help me.

Does the Antichrist know that he's the Antichrist?

Maybe we could just e-mail the Kerry campain and ask Him?

I knew that one was coming at some point... yet i still almost peed myself i laughed so hard.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Wouldnt it be an interesting thought if the beast was not a person(s) but instead represented controlling governments.

and other coorolations.

Of the 10 heads..

Red China - or communism
USA - democracy
Arabic Nations - Allah

etc.

can you elaborate on this even more- or if you've already posted it somewhere, direct me to the link? i find that theory to be terribly interesting.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

and other coorolations.

Of the 10 heads..

Red China - or communism
USA - democracy
Arabic Nations - Allah

etc.

i think this was discussed somewhere on ATS, i think its a interesting theory

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I finally took the time to read through this thread. Very, very interesting thread. Lately I've had a very intriguing insight about the anti Christ. I don't know if anyone has ever posted this or even thought this...but here goes. I have been kicking around the idea that the anti Christ may come not from Europe or the Roman Catholic Church as many believe, but from Israel. My reasoning for this is that the Scriptures reveal that the anti Christ will bring about peace, albiet a temporary and false peace. Where is the MOST violatile region of the world? The Middle East. What is one of the longest and bloodiest....historically, bitterest struggle? The answer is between Israelis and Palestianans. It is a fact that Israel has many many enemies seeking her destruction...not just the Arabs and Palestianans. What better way to institute this false peace than by Israel beginning, then implementing peace with the Palestianans. Scriptures also says the anti Christ will make the Temple his throne and defile it. What better way for the anti Christ to do this if he is already in Israel. Satan loves to pervert all that is of God. Jesus was a Jew......the Trinity is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. So....if the anti Christ is also born a Jew...he would be both anti Christ and truly an "anti Jew." In other words the devil's perverted form of Christ. The anti Christ, false prophet, and the beast would be a perverted, evil version of the trinity. Now does the anti Christ know who he is? I say yes from a young age. Just as Christ knew from an early age he was the Son of God. He would/will be educated, kept protected, etc until his time to make his move. Is he alive now? Yes I think he could be and may be somebody now high up in the military or government of Israel. Now take it easy on me...this was just thoughts of mine. I am no way am I bashing Jews or Israel. But maybe this will get you all thinking about a new possibility.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starlight_Rebel
I finally took the time to read through this thread. Very, very interesting thread. Lately I've had a very intriguing insight about the anti Christ. I don't know if anyone has ever posted this or even thought this...but here goes. I have been kicking around the idea that the anti Christ may come not from Europe or the Roman Catholic Church as many believe, but from Israel. My reasoning for this is that the Scriptures reveal that the anti Christ will bring about peace, albiet a temporary and false peace. Where is the MOST violatile region of the world? The Middle East. What is one of the longest and bloodiest....historically, bitterest struggle? The answer is between Israelis and Palestianans. It is a fact that Israel has many many enemies seeking her destruction...not just the Arabs and Palestianans. What better way to institute this false peace than by Israel beginning, then implementing peace with the Palestianans. Scriptures also says the anti Christ will make the Temple his throne and defile it. What better way for the anti Christ to do this if he is already in Israel. Satan loves to pervert all that is of God. Jesus was a Jew......the Trinity is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. So....if the anti Christ is also born a Jew...he would be both anti Christ and truly an "anti Jew." In other words the devil's perverted form of Christ. The anti Christ, false prophet, and the beast would be a perverted, evil version of the trinity. Now does the anti Christ know who he is? I say yes from a young age. Just as Christ knew from an early age he was the Son of God. He would/will be educated, kept protected, etc until his time to make his move. Is he alive now? Yes I think he could be and may be somebody now high up in the military or government of Israel. Now take it easy on me...this was just thoughts of mine. I am no way am I bashing Jews or Israel. But maybe this will get you all thinking about a new possibility.

very interesting.

Posted above is a picture of Moshe Katsav, the current president of Israel. He was born in Iran, and immigrated to Israel in 1951. active in the government and knesset since 1977, here are his previously held positions:
1977-1981 M.K. Member of Interior and Education Committees
1981-1984 M.K. Deputy Minister of Housing and Construction
1984-1988 M.K. Minister of Labor and Social Affairs
1988-1992 M.K. Minister of Transportation; Member of Ministerial Committee on Defense
1992-1996 M.K. Likud faction Chairman in the Knesset; Chairman of Parliamentary Committee of the Chinese-Israeli Friendship League
1996-1999 M.K. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Tourism; Chairman Ministerial Committee for National Events; Minister for Israeli Arab Affairs; Member of Ministerial Committee on Defense
1999-2000 M.K. Member of Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee of the Knesset
2000- President of the State of Israel

A terribly interesting side note, which some people may know, but i sure didn't, is that the President of Israel is reffered to as the Nasi, and the Presidency symbolizes the nation's unity, above and beyond party politics.

He bears the ancient title of the head of the Sanhedrin, the supreme legislative and judicial body of the Jewish people in the Land of Israel in ancient times.

The President, who may serve two consecutive five-year terms, is elected by a simple majority of the Knesset from among candidates nominated on the basis of their personal stature and lifelong contribution to the state.

Presidential duties, which are mostly ceremonial and formal, are defined by law.

jfor curiosities sake, its worth keeping an eye not only on this man, but anyone that may take the reigns as president in the near future.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Bobbo]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by radstar
I can get the scripture pointing out those facts, but probably someone else might beat me to it.

In fact. for trivial pursuits, Indwelling, I think is the title of one of the Left Behind Series of books about the end time. Scripturally they are fairly well researched and true to the bible. KJV

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by radstar]

The Left Behind books are garbage. Just another interpretation of the past through a filter of now...but more like then. Literal...but figurative. Bunk. Garbage.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
they may be garbage, but everything they relate to- scripture-wise- is in the bible.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

they may be garbage, but everything they relate to- scripture-wise- is in the bible.

In words yes...in spirit???? Well that's up for discussion.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

can you elaborate on this even more- or if you've already posted it somewhere, direct me to the link?

I havent really given it alot of in depth thought, but,...

Isnt the US on a mission of peace?
Do you think the US see's itself as the anticrist?

I have to wonder how many diferent political or financial centers there are, or capitals representing different cultures, or that are under independant control of their own rule?

There cant be too many that are truly unique and considered their own head.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

[I havent really given it alot of in depth thought, but,...
Isnt the US on a mission of peace?
Do you think the US see's itself as the anticrist?
There cant be too many that are truly unique and considered their own head.

This is an interesting theory you propose. The War on Terror is currently being used as a well-intentioned reason for war. Short-term peace ensues... and then just when you thought everything was wonderful the bottom falls out.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
This is an interesting theory you propose. The War on Terror is currently being used as a well-intentioned reason for war. Short-term peace ensues... and then just when you thought everything was wonderful the bottom falls out.

I fear this "bottom" will fall out sooner than you think and in a more horrible way than any ONE could possibly imagine, Bleys!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
it does make sense.

but, what is throwing me with this theory is the actual embodiment of the antichrist- obviously it cannot be the U.S as a whole, since that would make each and every U.S citizen the antichrist (it's late, so forgive me if this is confusing).

wouldn't the antichrist need to be one person? and if so, does this theory mean that its is GWB? or will it be someone who will enter the scene in the near future, and slowly rise to the top, maybe even in a UN type scenario- sorry if that alludes the the "Left Behind" books again.

I can't see a U.S politician enter the scene, rise up the political ranks, and then somehow overtake the president to gain office, unless it happens in the 2008 election, and the candidate runs legitimately, wins, and then starts their reign as the antichrist.

Sorry if i made that sound confusing- I'm exhausted, and I just watched "the ninth gate", so i'm a bit sidetracked by trying to figure that movie out- anyone that's seen it knows what i mean

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Re-listed under new subject. You tiny brain, did you look up anti-christ in your modern dictionary. You fool!

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by megoquest]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by megoquest
You have been brainwashed by the media. If you were brought up in America reading the New Testament, watching the movie "The Omen" and the "The Exorcist"
you do not have the facts straight. First, the New Testament was not written or created by any higherpower above man. It is a ritualistic heiarchal compile of books for the church to control the common man. The word anti-christ first appeared in the Old Testament. The word ANTI which is part of an ancient languange means IN PLACE OF. It also can mean substitute or simillar. The word ANTI in common english today refers to AGAINST. It is just another hollywood spoof that has all you tiny brains looking for Damien. The anti-christ is approved by God until his return. Please avoid the New Testament at all cost. The Old Testament has all the answers to your questions in the BIble Code.

anti- or ant-
pref.

1. Opposite: antimere.
2. Opposing; against: antiapartheid.
3. Counteracting; neutralizing: antacid.
4. Destroying: antiaircraft.
1. Inverse: antilogarithm.
2. Displaying opposite characteristics: antihero.

where the hell does it say anything about substitute, similar, or in place of.

IT DOESN'T.

so I'm sure the majority of us would appreciate it if you didn't call us "tiny brains"- seeing as how we know what ANTI means, and you don't, that title appears to be more befitting of you.

So if you're going to name call, and poke fun, don't post here, as it doesn't add anything for those of us who are having a real discussion. Thanks in advance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join