It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1967 UFO Encounter, Falcon Lake (Canada) CE2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I still think this is one of the few ufo encounter/incidents that I belive could
be genuine. I guess if the man (Stephen Michalak) did it all to himself (which would be very dumb!), it could be debunked?? What do you think?.. sorry if previously posted...

1967: PHYSIOLOGICAL CASE AT FALCON LAKE, CANADA

The experience of Stephen Michalak in the Falcon Lake area in Manitoba, at noon on May 20, 1967, is a CE-II (Close Encounter of the Second Kind) on two counts: physical traces were found on the area where the UFO reportedly landed, and the witness experienced a series of physiological effects apparently linked to his close encounter with a metallic-looking, disc-shaped object. Michalak is an industrial mechanic from Winnipeg who was doing some amateur prospecting in the area.

\"A Mr. Steven Michalak of Winnipeg, Manitoba reported that he had come into physical contact with a UFO during a prospecting trip in the Falcon Lake area, some 90 miles east of Winnipeg on the 20 May 67. Mr. Michalak stated that he was examining a rock formation when two UFOs appeared before him. One of the UFOs remained airborne in the immediate area for a few moments, then flew off at great speed. The second UFO landed a few hundred feet away from his position. As he approached the UFO, a side door opened and voices were heard coming from within.

\"Mr. Michalak states he approached the object but was unable to see inside due to a bright yellow bluish light which blocked his vision. He endeavored to communicate with the personnel inside the object [in English, Russian, German, Italian, French and Ukrainian], but without result. As he approached within a few feet of the object, the door closed. He heard a whining noise and the object commenced to rotate anti-clockwise and finally raised off the ground. He reached out with his left gloved hand and touched the object prior to its lifting off the ground; the glove burned immediately as he touched the object.

\"As the object left the ground, the exhaust gases burned his cap, outer and inner garments, and he sustained rather severe stomach and chest burns. As a result of these he was hospitalized for a number of days. The doctors who attended and interviewed Mr. Michalak were unable to obtain any information which could account for the burns to his body. The personal items of clothing which were alleged to have been burnt by the UFO, were subjected to an extensive analysis at the RCMP Crime laboratory. The analysts were unable to reach any conclusion as to what may have caused the burn damage.

\"Soil samples taken by Mr. Michalak from the immediate area occupied by the UFO were analyzed and found to be radioactive to a degree that the samples had to be safely disposed of. An examination of the alleged UFO landing area was made by a radiologist from the Department of Health and Welfare and a small area was found to be radioactive. The Radiologist was unable to provide an explanation as to what caused this area to become contaminated.

\"Both DND and RCMP investigation teams were unable to provide evidence which would dispute Mr. Michalak\'s story.\"

\"Unexpectedly, the craft shifted position, and he was now facing a grid-like exhaust vent which he had seen earlier to his left. A blast of hot air shot on to his chest, and set his shirt and undershirt on fire, and also caused severe pain. He tore off his burning garments, and threw them to the ground. He then looked up in time to see the craft depart like the first, and felt a rush of air as it ascended... He walked over to where he had left his things, and noticed that his compass was behaving erratically; after a few minutes, it became still. He went back to the landing site, and immediately felt nauseous and a surge of pain from a headache.\"

Source, full story....www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlbyLxctJcE

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kyleplatinum

Good work on the thread

This was a very interesting case and typical of UFO/ET encounter claimants in being full of discrepancies as well as puzzling evidence. He was typically normal without any known history of UFO interests or extraordinary claims. It was presented in the Condon Report and found inconclusive, but some details remain open to discussion...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/782966640f64.jpg[/atsimg]

Roy Craig was the Condon Committee investigator in the case. The burns on Michalak were found to be thermal not radiation and therefore indicated great heat as in a fire. He asked Michalak to take him to the scene of the incident. Whilst looking for the area Craig noted that Michalak appeared reluctant and walked them around 'aimlessly' without being able to identify the spot. At all times they were in sight of a fire tower that was manned on the date in question. The implication being that it would be unlikely that a craft could land and take off without being noticed.

Regardless of this inability to find the site, all officials and investigators felt that he was honest and straightforward without any suspicious behavior. They all but abandoned further investigation. The RCMP report supports his respectability and notes that there was no smell of alcohol...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2732ef4fe00d.jpg[/atsimg]
RCMP Report Wiki commons

A month after they had filed it as a simple verbal account with an unusual burn pattern, Michalak made contact and claimed to have found the site. Near the site he claimed to have found part of his burnt shirt and a tape measure he had dropped a distance away from the site.

Samples of soil and moss from the area, portions of the burned shirt, and a six-foot measuring tape which Mr. A had left behind were brought to city A. All three were radioactive. When sent to city B for analysis, they were found to be so strongly radioactive that the Radiation Protection Division of the Dept. of Health and Welfare considered restricting entry to the forest area from which they allegedly were taken.
Condon Report

It begins too look more like a genuine case until a year later Michalak claims that he found metallic debris. The first question raised by the investigators was why hadn't they found it the first time when the search had been most thorough? Analysis of the samples...

I would interpret the specimens as pieces of thin sheet silver that have been twisted, crumpled, partly melted, and dropped into, or otherwise placed in contact with, nearly pure quartz sand, while still hot. They have subsequently been covered with loosely-adhering radioactive material which consists of crushed pitchblende ore, much altered to uranophane and containing associated hematite. These naturally-occuring radioactive minerals are found typically in the uraniferous deposits of . . . [River x] area and in parts of . . . [camp X]. In view of the thoroughness of earlier searches of the site for radioactive material, it is improbable that the particles discovered a year later would have been missed had they been present when the earlier searches were made.
Analysis by Mr. R. J. Traill (Head, Minerology Section, NRC)

So it seems that the unusual aspects of the incident have have been undermined by Michalak's own activities. By acting outside of standard forms of investigation he lost the support of independent witnesses. If he had contacted investigators before finding the site, he would have had more integrity. If he had found the metal samples with independent investigators, his claims would be far more indicative of an extraordinary event.

As it stands it's impossible to know if the incident happened and he then 'found' evidence to support his claims or if it didn't happen and contrived it all.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Kandinsky]

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

The extra info and links you provided are great.....thanks!
The point about when it took a year to come back and find the "metallic debris" puzzles me too?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

This is one of the few cases that are among the best. There are some who believe the man injured himself, but I cannot see why he would do such a thing. Thank you for bringing this one up, as I can never remember the man's name when I try to reference it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Tesla bulb burns.
High voltage beams direct the saucer sideways.
This according to the Tesla UFO Theory.
Tesla took the second terminal off the X-Ray tube to put more
voltage on the single terminal.
Soon the glass was removed and the terminal shaped as half a sphere
for focusing.
Instead of one large terminal the beam is a collection of smaller
focusing terminals.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Easily one of the top 5 cases in all Ufology and its from where i grew up.I dont believe Michalak was a hoaxer or in it for fame or notoriety.He was basically ridiculed for his story.He also paid the costs to visit the Mayo Clinic for tests after Winnipeg Hospitals were of little help.MP Ed Schreyer questioned the House Of Commons for more UFO information at the time but was cut off with no Government reply.

Im of the belief now that it was a version of the Avro the US was testing back then that had a run in with Michalak.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The only other case was Landrum in New Mexico most likely.
Some one even posted on ATS a first hand story of traveling on the
road at night when road work was being done around the time of the
incident.
Lyne in his book blasts the government for not caring for its injured
citizens from the mobsters running these Tesla saucer machines.
Two injuries that were not taken care of.
Walton was cared for at the base hospital then briefed on what to say.
His injury fixed I suppose.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Close Encounter:Alien Craft Landing Pt.1

regardingwave January 08, 2009
Unsolved Mysteries program about an alledged close encounter near Falcon Lake in Canada. Stephen Michalak an amateur rock collector, claims he saw a UFO land and was then burned by it upon it's tak... Unsolved Mysteries program about an alledged close encounter near Falcon Lake in Canada. Stephen Michalak an amateur rock collector, claims he saw a UFO land and was then burned by it upon it's takeoff. The physical evidence compiled lends this case a strong reality. Happened: May 20, 1967.

www.youtube.com...

At 4:28 see the Tesla ropes of force a one way flow of charges hitting
the Tesla bulb, a half sphere of aluminum connected to the center of
the flat coil Tesla sits in front of in my avatar.

Smaller side bulbs provide horizontal propulsion.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

This case was new to me -- so I added this vid to the thread if anyone has any new comments.

Best evidence I've seen for definite advanced propulsion technology. I think the witness' first guess of it being military and then trying out different languages -- despite not recognizing the sounds he heard of language from inside the craft -- to me this corroborates the witness credibility. Obviously if it was a secret military test flight they probably didn't want to make themselves known to a witness.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong

This case was new to me -- so I added this vid to the thread if anyone has any new comments.

Best evidence I've seen for definite advanced propulsion technology. I think the witness' first guess of it being military and then trying out different languages -- despite not recognizing the sounds he heard of language from inside the craft -- to me this corroborates the witness credibility. Obviously if it was a secret military test flight they probably didn't want to make themselves known to a witness.

Thanks for linking that video. I've heard of this case before and seen other re-enactments, but never seen this footage with Stephen and his son. It seems like it has so far never been explained.

I doubt it was a US military craft as there seems to be no matching "military craft" forty five years on.
And I doubt we will ever get an explanation for the incident. It does bear some resemblance to the Cash Landrum incident from 1980, in that witnesses to a UFO experienced sickness after their exposure.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Unless the military still has craft secret that originated soon after WWII - that is the Tesla-Nazi explanation that I think is the best. Throw in Schauberger and John Keely and a few other mavericks working on electrogravitic propulsion.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong

Unless the military still has craft secret that originated soon after WWII - that is the Tesla-Nazi explanation that I think is the best. Throw in Schauberger and John Keely and a few other mavericks working on electrogravitic propulsion.

So why is there still no evidence of the US military actually using any of this "secret electrogravitic" technology 57 years after World War II ended?

All the advanced craft still seem to be using jet turbines, propellers, or conventional rocket propulsion. There simply seems to be no evidence whatsoever that the Nazis had any technology more advanced than rockets and jet turbines.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is a case I'd totally forgotten about. The video from Unsolved Mysteries triggered my memory about it. Although it must be about 15-20 years since I saw it on TV. The only witness, Michalak , seems to have had no reason to make the story up. Which just adds to the confusion.

Despite some of the inconsistencies in the story the mystery remains :

1) What it was that caused the injuries to Michalak?
2) Why, one month later, soil samples, remnants of the witnesses shirt and his tape measure were found to be radioactive after Michalak claimed to have retrieved them but only a small area (about 8 ins of rock) was radioactive when tests in the area were done?
3) Why no other potential witnesses saw anything on the day of the sighting?

It has similarities to the Cash-Landrum sighting and also the Socorro sighting by Officer Lonnie Zamora.The craft could have been something NASA or the military were testing but then why were they doing so in Canada? Of course the only person to see the craft was Michalak.

An interesting case. Thanks for highlighting it.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
More information on the Falcon Lake encounter, including links to relevant official documents, can be found in part of a thread I wrote a while back on official Canadian UFO documents at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Just bumping this good thread with contributions and links posted by ATS’s top brains.

I’m particularly struck by the ‘beams of light running in horizontal and diagonal patterns’ that Michalak claimed to have seen when he poked his head into the craft. Normally beams of light aren’t visible so these may have been exotic ‘solid light beams’, perhaps akin to Bessel beams or ionic plasma waves, so characteristic of UFO supertechnology.

Even if they were ordinary light beams, this information transfer technology would have been far beyond human capacity at that time - or even today.

So I think Michalak poked his head into an ET surveillance device, that was cooling off after overheating due to atmospheric friction.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

jimstradamus
Easily one of the top 5 cases in all Ufology and its from where i grew up.I dont believe Michalak was a hoaxer or in it for fame or notoriety.He was basically ridiculed for his story.He also paid the costs to visit the Mayo Clinic for tests after Winnipeg Hospitals were of little help.MP Ed Schreyer questioned the House Of Commons for more UFO information at the time but was cut off with no Government reply.

Im of the belief now that it was a version of the Avro the US was testing back then that had a run in with Michalak.

Well, I was with you until the last statement. That makes no sense whatsoever. The US testing a "version of the Avro"? Oh, did they just totally reengineer the Avro to add vertical takeoff? How else could it land on a rocky outcropping in the middle of the forest in the very rough terrain of the Canadian shield?

Its hard to believe that Mickalek made up his story to cover up something else - he most certainly suffered severe burns and other ill effects. It does seem rather bizarre to imagine an alien ship with a toxic vent that was deliberately used to harm him, but I'd agree that its hard to imagine what else might have caused his symptoms.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Lowneck

Just bumping this good thread with contributions and links posted by ATS’s top brains.

I’m particularly struck by the ‘beams of light running in horizontal and diagonal patterns’ that Michalak claimed to have seen when he poked his head into the craft. Normally beams of light aren’t visible so these may have been exotic ‘solid light beams’, perhaps akin to Bessel beams or ionic plasma waves, so characteristic of UFO supertechnology.

On the topic of "solid light beams", did you read that article or hear that physicists now say they have created something very similar to this "solid light" using lazers? I just read this recently and didn't read all the details but I immediately wondered if the discovery might in some way be duplicating this "solid light" that has been noted in many UFO and "alien abduction" events???

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

bluestreak 53,

Bill Chalker's piece was one of the pieces I was thinking of:

scienceandtheufocontroversy.blogspot.com.au...

Having read his Hair of the Alien, though, I think Chalker would have been wiser to keep away from that very dubious area.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I can see where it might be frustrating to have an unusual experience but not be left with enough evidence to prove anything. It might encourage the witness to try to "enhance" the experience, even though it might throw all credibility out the window and muddy the waters for future investigators. But it's not uncommon for witnesses to continue years later claiming that they've found new information, or continue to have contact with the aliens, or whatever. People want to be believed.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Researcher Chris Rutkowski really does bring up some intriguing points about this case and the initial RCMP investigation in this interview with Timothy Green Beckley.

See 26:20

new topics

top topics

join