It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready for Sky High Gas Again??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
warnewsupdates.blogspot.com...

From The Wall Street Journal:

LONDON -- The slowdown in investment in oil and gas production could lop off nearly 8 million barrels a day of future oil supply growth, setting the stage for another big crude price spike in the years to come, according to a new study.

The global credit crisis and falling oil prices have squeezed oil companies' finances and forced many of them to cut capital spending and postpone projects. That could have big implications for supply when the global recession ends and demand for energy recovers, the report by Cambridge Energy Research Associates says.

Here we go again. What will gas hit this time? About the time the economy might just level off or get a little better what could be less needed than skyrocketing oil prices. When the oil companines just saw record profits a few months ago, now they don't have the money to explore.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
it's a game they play, they raise it and lower it at will whenever they want for there agenda..

i was expecting it to happen sooner or later anyways..

have to keep the sheeple where they want them..

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The economy might level off but that doesn't mean companies will start to to hire people as fast as they were laid off. Quite the opposite. I don't care if housing recovers and the stock market goes to 15K. That doesn't mean #. Unemployment is staggering and will only get worse. Combine that with high gas prices and people will get kicked while they are down. This is all planned. Obama is destroying the economy. Think about it. If you gave the billions of billions of dollarrs we gave to Wall Street to the people that would do more to stimulate the economy than anything. Banks are orchestrating everything that's about to and has already come to fruition. These people are very very smart and have been doing this # for hundreds of years.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

No way! Can't afford to pay higher gasoline price while unemployed. It's not fair, really. I'm really hoping that gas prices go lower as well as taxes thereof. It's another way to take away our freedom to travel.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The sad thing is..for a while, ive heard and read abuot beter alternativesd they wanted to replace oil. OIl leaks through seals, gets in the water supply, and is part of the this so called global warming. It would make mroe sense, for them to make electric cars or something..instaed of complaining about cost, demand, and profiting for oil. Se, thatsd the key...thier wont ever be an eco friendly car for sale..thiers NO profots to be made by the corporate scum. So, its jsut another excuse, to riase the cost and dry our pockets and bankets dry, like a leech.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by texas thinker

It's all about the government making those Benjamins. Sick but that's all they're good at screwing us over.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's either this or the government will raise taxes on gas. They want high gas prices. It can help them push through their plans for alternative energy and fuels, while at the same time reducing dependence on foreign oil.

Don't be fooled by the lower gas prices we've had, one way or the other gas prices will return to the $4 per gallon range, perhaps even higher.

Americans wanted change and one way or the other in time they will get it.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Gas prices will rise once again? Well that's just peachy, suppose I won't be driving as much anymore again if I can help it. Already the gas prices have slowly started to make their way up from the 1.60~1.70 I was accustomed to seeing, now it seems were already back in the 2.00 range and I pray we never see the dreaded 4.00 range again...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky

No way! Can't afford to pay higher gasoline price while unemployed. It's not fair, really. I'm really hoping that gas prices go lower as well as taxes thereof. It's another way to take away our freedom to travel.

Question: What do you think the "Cap & Trade / Carbon Credits" are going to do to your energy bills?

The Government estimated 650 Billion from the sale of "carbon credits" to traders who in turn sell them on the exchange for profit to energy companies who then raise your rates to cover the extra cost.

The beauty is that the Government can blame the higher rates on the energy companies though it is the use of their "new tax" that will be the cause.

Also, have you noticed the sale of hybrid cars.... lower than the decline in normal autos which pisses off the GW crew. You must have higher gas prices to "entice" you to buy more efficient cars and hybrids.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by infolurker]

top topics

join