It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions for all who care to answer.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

Usually, I hate it when people make long lists of surveyish questions with some cryptic, unstated motive for doing so; however, I myself find it necessary now to do just that. If you like, and if you have the time, please take a moment to answer some of these. I'll more than likely state my reasons later on, but perhaps not publicly.

If you like, just answer the questions with which you are comfortable, or those that apply to you. You can U2U me if you don't want others to see your responses; I'll happily respond in kind, and perhaps let you know a bit about why I'm asking these questions if it seems that you ought to know.

Thanks in advance for your responses. Trust me, I have my reasons for asking this.

1) Have you ever, as a child in particular but including more recently, had any contact with supernatural entities including but not limited to demons, angels, 'ghosts', or 'shadow people'? Did this encounter include sight only, or tactile, auditory, or olfactory sensations as well?

2) Have you ever had, or do you have now, an 'imaginary friend' (the term 'imaginary' is used lightly here; this includes but is not limited to the animal Spirit Guides of Native American lore) that seems to exist in greater detail than would a being of fancy or pure imagination?

3) Have you ever had a near-death experience, or been in a situation in which you ought by all means to have died, but did not? What averted this situation?

4) Have you ever felt a peculiar, strong draw to a certain place for reasons of which you are not certain?

5) Are you a religious person? What faith do you follow, and how does it affect your daily life?

6) Are you, personally, possessed of any extrasensory abilities including but not limited to clairvoyance, clairaudience, telepathy, strong empathy, aura sight, or an ability to discern psychic potential in others? Do others in your family, or any of your close friends, have any such abilities?

7) Have you ever, or do you now, feel a strong but indefinable sense of 'purpose' in your life, as though you are meant for some achievement the nature of which you are not certain? What is your 'gut feeling' about this sense of purpose, and what, if you had to guess, are you meant for?

Thanks again, guys. Once again, U2U me with any questions, or with responses you'd rather not post publicly, and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Thanks a lot,

Xenographer

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Heres mine....
1) Have you ever, as a child in particular but including more recently, had any contact with supernatural entities including but not limited to demons, angels, 'ghosts', or 'shadow people'? Did this encounter include sight only, or tactile, auditory, or olfactory sensations as well?

(A)..... Yes, As a child and also as an adult.
I mainly see ghosts and often feel there pressance.

2) Have you ever had, or do you have now, an 'imaginary friend' (the term 'imaginary' is used lightly here; this includes but is not limited to the animal Spirit Guides of Native American lore) that seems to exist in greater detail than would a being of fancy or pure imagination?

(A).... As a child i did, I was moved from care home to foster homes then back to my family, i had an imaginery friend which helped me cope. i grew out of this around the age of 7yrs
I also believe i have a spirit Guide A wolf,

3) Have you ever had a near-death experience, or been in a situation in which you ought by all means to have died, but did not? What averted this situation?

(A).... No, i have been near death but have not experienced this.

4) Have you ever felt a peculiar, strong draw to a certain place for reasons of which you are not certain?

(A)... Yes very much so, I have this feeling with the Grand canyon,
I have been there and still feel an amazing draw to the place, a very deep feeling of belonging,

5) Are you a religious person? What faith do you follow, and how does it affect your daily life?

(A).. I dont follow a faith but i believe in god..who ever that might be
I Believe in nature, I care about my surroundings and i treat every animal, tree with great respect.

6) Are you, personally, possessed of any extrasensory abilities including but not limited to clairvoyance, clairaudience, telepathy, strong empathy, aura sight, or an ability to discern psychic potential in others? Do others in your family, or any of your close friends, have any such abilities?

(A)..... I have a certain something, I see things that happen but it is very random..
My Grandmother is very psychic, And also my younger sister.

(7) Have you ever, or do you now, feel a strong but indefinable sense of 'purpose' in your life, as though you are meant for some achievement the nature of which you are not certain? What is your 'gut feeling' about this sense of purpose, and what, if you had to guess, are you meant for?

(A).. I think i do feel like this sometimes, I always think there must be some higher reason for being here, For me it may come is a small thing, like saving one life ect, to me that would be a big enough purpose...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
1) No

2) No

3) No

4) No

5) No, None, No effect

6) No, No

7) Yes. Utilize all available resources and cognitive abilities to penetrate the deepest layers of our reality and share those insights when asked.

[Edited on 4-23-2004 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
NEE!

All right, inquiring minds and all......

Yess. Wiothout a doubt. Pacific Grove California, October 1980. A shadowy figure in a perfectly "normal" house.... the room suddenly became 25-30 degrees cooler until you could see your breath...smell of an old attic or something closed for a long time

No.

Yes. I was driving in Southern MO when suddenly one of my front tires blew out. I quickly began pulling off the road when a gasoline tanker traveling inn the lane beside me jacknifed, overturned and exploded-were it not for the tire, I would have be dead in the middle of it. Later, when I got back to my vehicle Police reports/ EMS fire rescue-a multi hour process-there was nothing wrong with my GMC Jimmy...no blown tire-nadda. I drove the rest of the wy to Louisiana without incident.

Yes, but I don't think there is anything supernatural about it

Somewhat, Christian, not all that much

Yes! I always know when the NASDAQ is about to go up! Seriously no and no family members

7) Have you ever, or do you now, feel a strong but indefinable sense of 'purpose' in your life, as though you are meant for some achievement the nature of which you are not certain? What is your 'gut feeling' about this sense of purpose, and what, if you had to guess, are you meant for?

Other that raising my daughter right, not really.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
1) Have you ever, as a child in particular but including more recently, had any contact with supernatural entities including but not limited to demons, angels, 'ghosts', or 'shadow people'? Did this encounter include sight only, or tactile, auditory, or olfactory sensations as well? Yes, sensations and energy

2) Have you ever had, or do you have now, an 'imaginary friend' (the term 'imaginary' is used lightly here; this includes but is not limited to the animal Spirit Guides of Native American lore) that seems to exist in greater detail than would a being of fancy or pure imagination? yes

3) Have you ever had a near-death experience, or been in a situation in which you ought by all means to have died, but did not? What averted this situation? yes, airbags, seatbelt, and bucket seats. there's a long story behind this.

4) Have you ever felt a peculiar, strong draw to a certain place for reasons of which you are not certain? yes

5) Are you a religious person? What faith do you follow, and how does it affect your daily life? more spiritual then religious, karma

6) Are you, personally, possessed of any extrasensory abilities including but not limited to clairvoyance, clairaudience, telepathy, strong empathy, aura sight, or an ability to discern psychic potential in others? Do others in your family, or any of your close friends, have any such abilities? yes

7) Have you ever, or do you now, feel a strong but indefinable sense of 'purpose' in your life, as though you are meant for some achievement the nature of which you are not certain? What is your 'gut feeling' about this sense of purpose, and what, if you had to guess, are you meant for? yes, i'd rather not say at this moment in time

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by IKnowNothing]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
1) Have you ever, as a child in particular but including more recently, had any contact with supernatural entities including but not limited to demons, angels, 'ghosts', or 'shadow people'? Did this encounter include sight only, or tactile, auditory, or olfactory sensations as well? @16 i experienced three extremely frightening visits from what i believe to be three seperate entities. perceived through sound, sight, and feel.

2) Have you ever had, or do you have now, an 'imaginary friend' (the term 'imaginary' is used lightly here; this includes but is not limited to the animal Spirit Guides of Native American lore) that seems to exist in greater detail than would a being of fancy or pure imagination? no. not that i am aware of-although on occasions perhaps, but never perceived in the accepted way.

3) Have you ever had a near-death experience, or been in a situation in which you ought by all means to have died, but did not? What averted this situation? i have seen to where it is we begin to go upon transitioning from one life to another.

4) Have you ever felt a peculiar, strong draw to a certain place for reasons of which you are not certain? absolutely

The Order of Cain
6) Are you, personally, possessed of any extrasensory abilities including but not limited to clairvoyance, clairaudience, telepathy, strong empathy, aura sight, or an ability to discern psychic potential in others? Do others in your family, or any of your close friends, have any such abilities?no

7) Have you ever, or do you now, feel a strong but indefinable sense of 'purpose' in your life, as though you are meant for some achievement the nature of which you are not certain? What is your 'gut feeling' about this sense of purpose, and what, if you had to guess, are you meant for?no, well........

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
1. I think so, but in all cases they have been manifested through what appeared to be normal "people"

2. no

3. no

4. yes

5. yes, faith has no name, by affirmation with GOD on a daily basis.

6. yes, & yes my mother shares some abilities but lacks others.

7. yes, leader in some sort of global conflict trying for peace.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
1) No
2) No
3) No
4) Yes - Although not to one specific place
5) No
6) No
7) No

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I have sensed and seen Pixies. I have only had one 'ghostly' experience, when I was poked playfully in the back one night. I believe this was the spirit of a young child who lived in the Victorian house I was renting. The room used to be the nursery.

I have had spirit guides during my practice of the Lakota and Druidic traditions. These guides are not static and will stay only as long as needed for their lessons to be learned. My first was a wolf, the next a fox and the latest a crow

In the year 2000 I should have died. I had serious heart failure and massive odoema. Breathing was almost impossible and I was told later that I was down to 10% oxygen (Apparently, a healthy person standing at the top of Everest receives 35%). My body was swollen to twice its size and the doctors had never seen anything like it. They gave me two days to live and were discussing a heart transplant at one point.
Why did I survive ? Because of KayEm's love and because I knew I have something to do. I believe I know what that is now, and fortunately it will take some years to complete

Cornwall. The Highlands of Scotland. Woodlands.

I am a pagan. I follow my own code and converse with many deities. These have included the Norse pantheon, Bes (the ancient Egyptian god), the Wiccan goddess and Jesus Christ.
My own conscience pricks me if I consider doing something that I know my heart is wrong. Seeing pain caused to any living creature saddens and angers me. Many times I have cried when seeing and sensing the pain of others. Should anyone hurt KayEm, I am uncomprising in my defence of her. Thats the only time I can cause pain to others and not be affected by it myself. Obviously my conscience finds that acceptable. Fortunately I have only had to do that once.

For a while I have had the ability to 'see souls' through peoples eyes. That is very wierd. Scary too when you can't find one ! I am also an adept at divination using cards and (up to a point) the runes.

I think I know what I have to do. Actually, its something KayEm and myself were born to do together. I discovered it while convalescing after my hospital visit.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If I answer yes to all, then what ! what is the point I dont get it.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
that means you are the grand prize winner and the point is you get all the points!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naw juz kiddin'

much love

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well tanks I do need a price (money please) the state tax collector catch up with me after 6 years so I only have 30 days to do six years of returns. ha ha ha

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ah, blast it... busted

Nah, there's a point. I've already discussed it via U2U with a few people, but I'm probably not going to post it publicly, as this board is full of people that would jump all over me for it.

Thanks for your answers, everyone... keep 'em coming, and feel free to U2U me with confidential answers, questions, or flames.

Thanks again

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
1) Yeah I'm pretty sure that I encountered a ghost(s) when I was around 10 when i visited that tourist O'keefe ranch in Kelowna. Very unnerved the whole time I was there, esp. near the cemetary and the family portraits. I also felt like there were people standing very closely behind me when I was in a certain room. There were people with me, but not that close.

2) Nope.

5) I am a Christian, and I go to Church every week. I can't say I'm very devout, because as a human I tend to go astray quite often, but I find that when I am sad or in a tough situation, God helps me up and if I pray to Him, it feels like a burden has been lifted off my shoulders. my faith gives me something to live for, I guess.

6) I'm not sure.

7) I'm not sure

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Yes, but it was only with my family members who died, if that still counts.

There are people who haven't?

Nope

You mean besides Disney World? OK, seriously, Yes.

I'm Catholic, but I don't really like the Catholic practices and have basically "molded" my own faith with several other Christian ones. But I do believe in the Christian God.

Only with my family members or really close friends.

*ahem* HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! Me?! Purpose in life?! HAHAHAHAHA!!... I mean... No.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Near death experience?

I once had a dream about 3AM that was so terrifying it woke me up. I saw a terrifying sight of a figure of death flying through the air and I felt like he was coming for me. He was descending down from the sky straight towards me

Anyway that scared me enough to start praying that I didn't want to go yet. I'm not sure but I thought almost half my life flashed in front of me, then the wall started shaking. (for real) It lasted for about a minute and was gone. A tornado had swooped down straight at our house and knocked off every branch overhanging the house and a 3 ft dia pine next to the end of the house at roof level. The pine looked like a gigantic tooth pick. Our house wasn't scratched.

Across the street, a very large pine (maybe 4 ft dia.) had been broken near the ground and turned upside down and stuck into the ground as if it was a gigantic toothpick. This was a full grown pine tree too.

I prefer not to answer the other questions.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer

Yes. Most, I have found normal explainations for, and thus, chalk off to those. But some I still cant figure out, and thus, my curiosity in this subject.

Yes, as a child, and even as an adult. I have an explaination fo this as well. Its an extenmsion of my own mind, manifested into my relaity, that evolves as I grow older, but is forever a part of me. It is as real as the beer I sit here and drink, but real in a very different way.

I have many times. Im still trying to figure out how I bailed out all those times. Since i dont believe in gods in the normal sense, or divine destiny, Im still searching for answers here.

Yes. I believe part of it is genetic memory. Part of it, also, i think certain places meld with certain "souls" and people seek these places out because part of them needs the "energy" or the memory of that place.

5) Are you a religious person? What faith do you follow, and how does it affect your daily life? Not religious. I suppose u might say Im pagan, in the snse, I "worship" the laws of nature in all its forms, and pay them thier dues. I see gods as creative and poetic ways for humans to force with the eternal and all encompassing multidimensional reality that is nature/the multiverse. But i dont believe in specific doom and gloom gods that take direct action and interest into "mortal affairs".

Yes, despite my misanthropic nature, i do posses empathy and the ability to mentally place myself in many place, in many peoples shoes. I also have that basic universal human sixth sense, and a keen knack for judging people, though that is more through years of quiet observation, being on the outside looking in.

I am meant to rule the world and enslave humanity for my amusement with my army of evil elves. Other than that, no i dont, im not that special.

Thanks again, guys. Once again, U2U me with any questions, or with responses you'd rather not post publicly, and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Thanks a lot,

Xenographer

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Yes...several times as a child...

Imaginary friend: No...Spritual guide: Yes, the creator...

No...I haven't ( maybe a few out of body's as a child, but no near death's )...

Hmmm...don't know, always been drawn to the Scottish Highlands ( always thought is was my Scottish genes, among others that I have ), also to Nature ( atributed it to the Native American genes in me )...

Yes...I believe in the creator...

No...I don't...unless you count intuition...

Do others in my family...hmmm...where can I go with this...

Yes...my great aunt was a Dark Witch ( I guess that is what you call them )...

Yes...my great, great grandfather could "see things" ( he fortold the 1940 flood in my area )...

Not before my daugher was born ( this will take some explaining, if you are willing to hear it )...

Edit...

So what is the point in all this ?

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by Yoda]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

No

Yes, but I was very young.

I almost drowned once, luckely my dad pulled me out.

Yes, being a paramedic, I am sometimes drawn to the scenes of tragic or violent death.

Somewhat. I am Catholic. It just does.

My seem knida silly, but sometimes I can predict music on the radio before it starts, like the next three songs.

My profession is my purpose. I've felt a strong urge to become a Paramedic sence I was a kid. So I followed my feeling and I am truly happy.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Very curious answers from posters.

As a child I frequently saw my guardian angel. As an adult I have run into several ghosts. There were cold spots that could be felt, eerie fog or etheral movement, shadows. The dog would react very strongly when the ghosts would appear. That always tipped us off to the ghosts movement. This was in a house on Fort Sam Houston, officer's quarters. The history of the home had some tragic menage a trois thing happen in the early 20th century. Spooked everyone who visited overnight, especially me.

My specific affinity has always been to trees, in particular, oaks. I believe they are living, conscious creatures, the same as I.

No. But my husband and older brother have been yanked out of the reeper's hands right before my eyes. Each time that happened, I believe the intercessor was an angel of God.

There was a Lutheran Church near where I attended college that pulled on me, often just to go inside and meditate. It was very peaceful, soothing. It was surrounded by great, huge oaks. Perhaps it was the oaks that drew me there. I don't know. I'm not Lutheran.

Death-bed Catholic, reformed, liberated in the 60's revolution, emancipated, free thinker who has found out God and Jesus are the most important facets of my life. It took a lot of doing things my way to get back to the real values I follow and hold deepest.

I have vivid dreams and premonitions. I heed them and listen carefully to the warnings, especially of danger. Just after I married, I demanded the keys to my spouse's car and told him he could never drive it again. I had just awoken from a dream in which his car went up in flames with him inside it. He respects my visions enough to take my warnings seriously. The times we haven't followed them, disaster has struck or we failed to invest in what turned out to be profitable ventures. I always know when the phone is going to ring and who will be calling. I have experimented with telepathy and have a unique ability to read cards, tarot or playing decks. No one I know has any psy abilities.

Yes, I know the purpose for which I was born. I have achieved most of them, but there are several more things for me to accomplish in this lifetime and I know what they are.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by radstar]

<<   2  3 >>

join