It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydrogen how is Usa going to react.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
found this on xinhuanet news page is about china's listing rational use of hydrogen into its energy development strategy and will hike up investment for research of automobiles powered by hydrogen cells.
How will the UsA react to this will it also take it into a much faster rational use...?
news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thre problem with hydrogen is you have to refine it from other materials, such as water. That takes energy. Where will that energy come from?

Oil and coal.

You can't get something for nothing. Hydrogen is better for the environment, but it doesn't solve the energy problems we have.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here's an interesting quick and dirty science project. This guy has set up a generator powered by hydrogen it creates instantly via plasma electrolysis. It is essentially an engine running on a fuel tank of water. Check out the streaming video near the bottom of the web page. I find it amazing because I didn't realize hydrogen could be extracted from water so easily and quickly. This project has changed my view on the viability of the hydrogen economy.

jlnlabs.imars.com...

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Maybe, we wont have to goto war with china. The will not have the need for for the big O.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Thre problem with hydrogen is you have to refine it from other materials, such as water. That takes energy. Where will that energy come from?

Oil and coal.

You can't get something for nothing. Hydrogen is better for the environment, but it doesn't solve the energy problems we have.

Actually, a Canadian man recently discovered and patented a chemical process in which water, a metal like Aluminum, and one other ingredient are added in specific proportions, and electrolysis is immediate, no energetic input required. It'll supposedly revolutionise the field of electrolysis, funny thing is, the only reason the guy tried it is cause he didn't finish high school, and never read about why it wouldn't work. So he thought "Hey, this should work" and remarkably, it did. I read it a month or two ago, haven't heard much since..

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Lots of companies have been interested in hydrogen power. A few of the states (California is one, I believe) have them as vehicles... problem is there's not a lot of refueling stations.
www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

join