It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Former NFL Player Killed in Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
As par, here is your anti-war view and rhetoric on this individual:
Pat Tillman: Dumb jock, baby killer?

What would you call Pat Tillman, the former Arizona Cardinal football player killed in Afghanistan? A hero? An inspiring example of American military men and women? A model of principled strength?

How about a "dumb jock"? A "baby killer"? A "dumb-a--"? A victim of "brainwashing"?

If you were a regular reader of Indymedia.org, odds are that you'd put him in the latter group. You'd think that Pat Tillman was a boob, a complete dimwit at best -- you might even believe that Pat Tillman was an evil person and deserved what he got.

The Portland, Ore., chapter of Indymedia.org posted the news of Tillman's death accompanied by this headline: "Dumb Jock Killed in Afghanistan." Some who posted comments suggested alternate titles for the piece, like "Privileged Millionaire, Blinded by Nationalist Mythology, Pisses Away the Good Life," "Cottled Sports Star Allows Nationalism to Foster Jingoistic Irresponsibility Resulting in His Death," and "Capitalist Chooses to Kill Innocents Instead of Cashing Check."

Just lovely.....sad and maddening at the sametime.
*shakes head*

seekerof

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Seeker, that is truly sad. I feel sick because of that. Some people are evil.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Seeker, that is truly sad. I feel sick because of that. Some people are evil.

Im opposite but I feel as strongly, these people need to be punished for their cruelty and ignorance.

If I could get my hands on whoever authorized this crap to run...............

Ive been bummed bout Pat's death for the past week, but this only moves me into the realm of anger.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't understand. Why is the press allowed to run a story about a former NFL player dying in Iraq but not the rest of the soldiers out there dying? They're putting their life on the line just like he was.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ok let's let Dr.Zuzubar explain:

1.He was an NFL player who gave up his dream and millions to fight.
2.Everyone fighting in Iraq is a hero.
3.He is just a very popular one that touches everyone's hearts.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I understand about carrying a family tradition, having many other family memebers who served & a couple who did 20+.

But let's put this into perspective:

Tillman was operating off of the part of our mental makeup that has given a bad rep to football players - unthinking rage leading to a thirst for violence. I never juiced, by I played ball in a large program with people who did. Not the most rational with or without chemical enhancement.
Many people felt a bloodlust on 9/12, just not everybody let in manifest. There was no plausible target, or more specifically, no concrete proof to warrant the abadonement of providing for your family to go & fill that bloodlust. And make no mistake, it was bloodlust as anyone with the financial means can effect great things on the causes that are dear to them.
While he does not deserve to be mocked or denegrated in any way shape or form, he does not deserve sainthood either.
He deserves our nations respect, even though it was not from an enlightened standpoint that he entered into service.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is a classic example of when an individual is superior to his commanders..."sh#t happens" doesn't fly here...he deserved much than this

"I could hear the pain in his voice," recalled the young Ranger who had been near him. Tillman kept calling out that he was a friendly, and he shouted, "I am Pat (expletive) Tillman, damn it!" His comrade recalled: "He said this over and over again until he stopped."

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Pat Tillman had a lot of promise as a football player, as a soldier, as a future leader, and as a human being. NOBODY can second guess what his motives were. Only Pat Tillman knows and he isn't talking anymore. I find it especially tragic that he was killed AFTER he identified himself. Almost as if somebody were out to get him.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The words Friendly Fire are always suspect to me in that region of the world. Infiltration of Islamo-terrorist is always very likely.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
And he deserves special recognition why? Is he any different from the rest of the soldiers who have fell in combat?

Surely you didn't write this little article because this guy was in the NFL... there must be a far more important reason.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join