It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the US government really need to crack down on the blackmarket raw milk trade?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
lifestyle.msn.com...

After illegal drugs, raw milk -- milk that’s unpasteurized and unhomogenized, just as it comes out of the cow -- may be the most briskly traded underground commodity in America.

By Ann Monroe

It's early Saturday morning, and the Brooklyn street is almost empty. Except at one half-open store, where about 30 people are lined up in the narrow aisle clutching empty backpacks, shopping bags and suitcases. At the door, a man checks each entrant, asking "Are you here for the...pickup?"

Someone shouts "The van's coming!" and the place burst into action. People run into the street and come back hauling heavy cartons and cooler chests. Then the store empties as quickly as it filled, as everyone lugs their contraband purchase home.

And "lug" is the word. What's being distributed at this store -- and in countless offices, backyards, homes, churches and parking lots across the country -- is milk. Raw milk.

Apart from illegal drugs, raw milk -- milk that's unpasteurized and unhomogenized, just as it comes out of the cow -- may be the most briskly traded underground commodity in the United States. By a conservative estimate, some 500,000 people in the U.S. drink the stuff, says Sally Fallon, president of the Weston Price Foundation, which is dedicated to spreading the word about raw milk -- and making it legal. Her guess is that the true total is closer to a million. Even the [url=http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~ear/milksafe.htmlFood and Drug Administration[/url], which is doing its best to keep raw milk out of the mouths of citizens, has acknowledged that about 3 percent of U.S. milk drinkers drink it raw.

It's not that those Brooklyn milk-buyers were doing anything illegal -- drinking raw milk is legal in every state. So is buying it. What's not legal, except in eight states (Arizona, California, Connecticut, Maine, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, New Mexico and Washington), is selling it to the general public. The other 42 states have a variety of bans. In some, it can be sold only on the farm. In others, it can be sold only as pet food. Some outlaw its sale altogether. Federal law prohibits transporting it for sale -- even from a state where it's legally sold -- across state lines.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The government needs to get their )(*&)^ noses out of our kitchens.

We need raw milk to counter their bird flu they are getting ready to spray us down with (and inject us if we let them), and their Montsanto frankenfood, and their fake flavors and hallucinogenic excitotoxin flavors they put in their cheap denatured food to make us think we're really eating something good -- not to mention their fluoridated water and the mercury and formaldahyde they put in the shots they want us to give our kids --

We need raw milk to counter the murderous medicine they hand out from Big Pharma and the chemtrails they are spraying us with.

We who don't want cancer and are trying to keep our brain cells working to the last need real food with all those enzymes and special things that are in real milk.

Here's a great article on the benefits of raw milk:
www.teacupfarm.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Let people drink raw milk if they are that stupid. A Darwin Award for a slow painful death will be in their future.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

Thanks for the wake up call on milk. I usually just use 10% cream for my coffe, and i don't drink milk that often.
I'll try to get my hands on raw "cream" though, and the sooner the better. I don't like the idea of the manipulation of food too much.
Imagine what kind of cream i could get for my coffee? wow

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

I grew up on a farm. We milked our cow, drank the raw milk, and made butter from the cream, as well as using the cream in our coffee. Guess what? I'm now 58 years old, and would give anything if I could find a source for raw milk. I don't drink much milk now, because I find it bland. Raw milk has an entirely different taste.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have drank "raw" milk most of my adolecent and adult life.
I don't see why the goverment would try and do anything to raw milk and why it would be considered contraband? Because they can't tax it? Because they can't manipulate it?
what I don't understand is why humans are the only creatures that I can think of that drink milk in adulthood.
All animals that I tcan think of are weened from milk.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

I call them the money whores.

But it's also about controlling everything we do.

US vs THEM

I'm sure you've seen the ADS for vaccinations they are pushing.

They are already rabid to the parents of newborns..[.me and the docs would be having issues over that.]

I say if they want to make a recommendation, fine, but not have total control and they need to GET OFF OUR BACKS !!!!!!!!

PRICE_POTTINGER has good health/food info too!

www.ppnf.org...

Other health related info here;

realityzone.com...

[edit on 11-4-2009 by toasted]

[edit on 11-4-2009 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Yes, and people working directly on the farm have for centuries. Now, let me ask you if you would drink that same raw milk, like in the OP, after it has cooled down, been allowed to be transported (possibly heated up again) and from a cow that might or might not be diseased? On your own farm you can control the health of the animal you take the milk from as well as use the milk in a 'warm' or fresh state. You can also control the feed.

Speaking of feed don't you guys remember the 'natural' Walla Walla brand sold in Starbuck's unpasteurized? Irreversible encephalitis. It was caused by contaminated water. It killed quite a few people. Are you really going to trust the quality to be the same as on the farm you controlled?

Like I said, let them sell it. Roll the dice it's your life. You don't have to believe us scientists.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTORick
Let people drink raw milk if they are that stupid. A Darwin Award for a slow painful death will be in their future.

I guess before these modern remedies and new fangled way of mass producing our foods with all the preservatives and fake / chemically made almost like butter etc ..... we are much healthier than our forefathers huh??

all 3 of my grandparents lived to ripe old ages of over 80, ate real butter milked there cows ate biscuits and gravy every other day almost..... would have send a health nut into a comma!!

are we living longer ? healthier or are we just better preserved ?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
"Originally posted by GTORick
Let people drink raw milk if they are that stupid. A Darwin Award for a slow painful death will be in their future."

Dude I grew up on a dairy farm and still drink the milk straight out of the tank. My great grandfather did the same and he lived to be 96 and my great grandmother live to be 93. There is nothing wrong with drinking it, at least not from our farm.

The government just wants to screw us more and more. Milk used to bring $20/hundred gal they now giving us $9/hundred gal. The store you pay close to $5/gal? Tell me why.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Personally I don't drink milk, I don't even buy it for cooking, I use canned cream for recipes that require milk. I just don't care for the taste and texture of milk as a beverage. My mother had grown up on a working farm, and they always drank 'raw' milk, as an adult she could not stand to taste 'store bought' milk, she would go out of her way to get the fresh from the farm milk.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by freeordie
Milk used to bring $20/hundred gal they now giving us $9/hundred gal. The store you pay close to $5/gal? Tell me why.

Hey freeordie,
I'm sorry to hear the governnment are screwing you over. In my view farmers are some of the most important, if not the most important people in any society.
I'm not sure about your figures though- do you mean the store is making a four dollar loss? Please explain.

I wonder if chlorine dioxide could be used to sterilize raw milk?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Hey, you're wrong. Raw milk doesn't go bad. It just changes form. It goes from milk to curds and whey to cheese and whey. The whey is the same stuff you buy in the healthfood store, aka protein powder.

Pasturized milk does not change form. It becomes putrid and it can kill you.

Pasturized milk destroys the very enzymes that are needed to digest the milk, which is why so many people can't drink milk. If people drank raw milk they would have no problem digesting it.

Instead, our government wants us to feed our babies soy milk, which is full of phytoestrogens, and turns the little boys into sissies who don't develop their manhood properly and little girls develop way too fast.

Do not trust what the government has ordained for we the masses of goyim. They want us dead and sick and stupid and helpless, and they are not looking out for our health or welfare in any way whatever.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by GTORick

I grew up on a farm. We milked our cow, drank the raw milk, and made butter from the cream, as well as using the cream in our coffee. Guess what? I'm now 58 years old, and would give anything if I could find a source for raw milk. I don't drink much milk now, because I find it bland. Raw milk has an entirely different taste.

Why not get a milking goat? Or find a coop so that you can do a cow share. You pay the farmer to keep your cow (or quarter cow, whatever) and milk it and you just come and pick up your milk whenever you want.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Speaking of feed don't you guys remember the 'natural' Walla Walla brand sold in Starbuck's unpasteurized? Irreversible encephalitis. It was caused by contaminated water. It killed quite a few people. Are you really going to trust the quality to be the same as on the farm you controlled?

Like I said, let them sell it. Roll the dice it's your life. You don't have to believe us scientists.

Nobody dies from raw milk. Nobody. Pasturized milk is what's making people sick and why there is a big campaign to get people to stop drinking milk altogether. It's not easily digested and is causing chronic disease in a lot of people.

Raw milk does not do this.

It's our government at work.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

Raw milk can and did kill people, not recently but certainly in my own lifetime.

The main reason pasteurisation was introduced was to prevent the transmission of Brucellosis from cows to humans. And that was a really dangerous illness before modern antibiotics were made widely available.

And, gentlemen, one of the effects of Brucellosis is spectacularly swollen testicles

That plus a wide range of other symptoms including fevers, muscular pain, anaemia. It's lethality rate is 3%. Cattle nowadays have been free from this disease for decades thanks to effective monitoring and vaccination.

But end that preventative regime and many of you will only be riding side saddle for a while !

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I don't think the issue here is whether raw milk is more or less safe or healthy than pasteurized milk. The issue is whether people have the right to make those decisions for themselves, or let the government make them. Before the government mandated milk pasteurization, people did sometimes get sick from diseases passed on from the cow into the milk; this is a fact. Pasteurization makes the milk "safer", but at the expense of killing natural enzymes. I think it's up to the individual to weigh the pros and cons, the health-giving benefits of raw milk vs. the possible risks associated with unpasteurized milk. It's like the vaccination issue, the question of whether I want to wear a seat-belt or not, and a hundred other things where the government wants to "protect" me, assuming I must be too stupid to make these decisions for myself (and take responsibility for them, for better or worse).

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Aren't there lots of ways of sterilizing raw milk that we didn't have 100 years ago?

How about:
Colloidal Silver
Ozone
Chlorine Dioxide released from Sodium Chlorite

All three very powerful methods.

If we used cheap modern technology we could end that 1 per cent of doubt that some people may have.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Isn't there some kind of happy medium that can be made here. Yeah milk, like all organic products can carry dangerous disease and bacteria . I'm willing to wager milk can be almost as bad a blood . But 30 to 50 years ago it was no big deal to buy fresh milk from the farmer. Perhaps dairy farms who want to sell fresh milk still can, but have to pass strict safety standards . Humans have been drinking milk from animals for some 10 thousands years, certainly a compromise can be made here . If a person wants to pay extra for non pasteurized organic milk all the power to them !

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What people here dont realize is its not that raw milk is dangerous and pasteurized milk is safe, by any means. A recent study linked most asthma, allergies, and arthritis with childhood consumption of milk and dairy products. The fact of the matter is that milk is one of the foods that we eat that causes the most immune responses in the body, and the consumption of pasteurized milk in the massive quantities we us may be part of what is spreading the massive epidemic of lifestyle diseases in the US. Also, interesting to note, the two largest milk drinking nations, the US and...i believe its norway...both have the highest rates of osteoporosis as well. Much of this is mitigated by drinking raw milk, as the enzymes help break it down, so the body doesnt react as violently to it...however ALL humans have allergen responses to pasteurized milk, some have obvious and powerful ones with others its just an internal immune response.
The problem is that it is constant overstimulation of the immune system over time that eventually causes autoimmune disorders, like, as i listed, asthma, arthritis, etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join