It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Google sells their data to many other engines, who brand the results on their site.

Yahoo used to use google data as far as I recall, untill recently, when google announced their public offering.

Many engines realized it is better for their image to have relevant results other than using their minimal database. Many engines are technically 'resellers' of google data.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Why do I use google? Because not only is it a good search engine but there is a built in google search field on the Mozilla Firefox browser that I use, I don't even need to go to the google site to search with it.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I used to use metacrawler which searches multiple engines, but I began noticing that the best results were coming from Google. Why should I bother with a middle-man? Now I Google first and maybe use something else to double check the results. Excite was OK but I got tired of the same junk robertfenix mentioned. Plus, when Spybot names a site specifically (Excite) as a "known threat" something must be amiss!

I used to use Metacrawler all the time but switched to google as well, I don't think I've really used another site other than google in quite sometime unless I'm using a specific search engine for specific topics.

spiderj

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So how did ATS become on of the top ten on google? just by searching for conspircy on there? -Muzz

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzz
So how did ATS become on of the top ten on google? just by searching for conspircy on there?

Blood sweat & tears, probubly.

Kinda like king of the hill, fight your way up, then fight down all those that want to bump you.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I typed in "crazy people" thats how I found ATS on google.

Finally a place where I belong.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I use Lycos. Not sure why or how I ran across it but now I use it out of defiance.
I kinda got tired of seeing and hearing google this and google that. Gotta be my own person, can't follow the herd. *lol*

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The herd is getting the food though!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I get a few morsels every now and then. Besides, all I need to know I learnded from my mama *lol*

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

Originally posted by muzz
So how did ATS become on of the top ten on google? just by searching for conspircy on there?

Blood sweat & tears, probubly.

Kinda like king of the hill, fight your way up, then fight down all those that want to bump you.

So we fought our way to the top by people doing conspircy searches? That sure is a lot of Conspircy Theorist out there. -Muzz

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I used to use metasearches but now I just use Google and only use another engine if Google doesn't return what I want (which is bloody rare).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join