It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was so special about Page 34 of all these news magazines after 9/11?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I eagerly anticipate being flamed by all the Megapatriot haters!

I've never seen such groupthink/directed fury here at ATS.
It's pretty silly. Afterall, I've read far more baseless, ridiculous threads than any Megapatriot has ever done. Bangin', are you the only other person out there who sees this?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
So you all berate the MegaPatriot for not giving sources and when he does you all shut up? What's up with that?

Seems he has made some points then gone to the trouble to scan and publish his findings.

Well there goes the debate for most of you. "Where's the evidence", "Oh there it is" well lets not talk about that, it's uncomfortable.

This whole situation is uncomfortable, maybe that's the problem. American's are so used to living their confort filled lives that a small ripple in the pond looks like a tidal wave, and they have to take cover.

The world isn't a perfect place, and this includes America. Listening to most of the America boosters I would think that the USA has never done anything wrong or suspect in its entire existance.

You were founded by what at the time were called "terroritst". The things you say about the Iraqi's are almost verbatim of that the Brits used to say about you around 1776 or so.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I eagerly anticipate being flamed by all the Megapatriot haters!

I've never seen such groupthink/directed fury here at ATS.
It's pretty silly. Afterall, I've read far more baseless, ridiculous threads than any Megapatriot has ever done. Bangin', are you the only other person out there who sees this?

No, I also agree with you EastCoastKid. The groupthink and/or propaganda surrounding this madness is incredible. Just take a look at the low score this thread has received, despite mepatriot backing up his statements with scans from actual media from the public domain.

someone who will remain nameless within this post of mine exemplified this in the best possible manner, if I may paraphrase, "I cannot see the pictures; they are intelligble... anyone else?". And I am sorry if have offended the person by repeating and making a mockery of this statement of theirs, but this seems to clearly be a form of discouragement and an attempt to further promote a negative group mindset. Honestly, I did not really expect this kind of attitude from that person, but in their defense, they probably did it out of communal joy (a term I just coined describing the glee people have when they feel that are part of a popular group mindset). The response to that statement from another person, who will also remain nameless to promote anonymity for the person who was embarassed, was succint and admirably satisfying, if not downright funny.

And thanks, Skeptical Overlord, for providing mepatriot's scans. You could have very well chosen another path, but thankfully, you have chosen to share the information. You're a good person, if I may say so.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thanatos
So you all berate the MegaPatriot for not giving sources and when he does you all shut up? What's up with that?

Seems he has made some points then gone to the trouble to scan and publish his findings.

Well there goes the debate for most of you. "Where's the evidence", "Oh there it is" well lets not talk about that, it's uncomfortable.

This whole situation is uncomfortable, maybe that's the problem. American's are so used to living their confort filled lives that a small ripple in the pond looks like a tidal wave, and they have to take cover.

The world isn't a perfect place, and this includes America. Listening to most of the America boosters I would think that the USA has never done anything wrong or suspect in its entire existance.

You were founded by what at the time were called "terroritst". The things you say about the Iraqi's are almost verbatim of that the Brits used to say about you around 1776 or so.

And yet another good set of points, Thanatos. Heres a metaphor for this: It's all fine and dandy to join in on a tackle that took someone down and transform it into a pile-up of men that you see every now and then in an American football game. But when they realize that they paralyzed the man, who didn't even have the ball in the first place, the same people who piled on are all hastily getting up from the pile-up, while busily raising their arms, trying to gesture their innocence. you know the gesture; the same one soccer/football players make when they injure another player and are given a yellow card by a ref.

Your comparison to how the radical colonists of the United States before their declaration of independence is also quite correct. As I stated in a recent thread of mine, one person's terrorist is another person's liberator.

[Edited on 4/30/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Have you all forgotten that it has been exposed ( RATS thread ) MePatriot was attempting to use a 9/11 conspiracy hoax as a "pump-and-dump" penny stock scheme? We even uncovered a discussion thread (screen shot in the RATS thread here ) where he indicated he was going to "tell the story". It's clear he was attempting a con. When I sent the links to that BullBoard post of his, he deleted it. What isn't clear is why he is still be defended. This was a hoax people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join