It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did CNN have an office on the 110th Floor of the North Tower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This is the first of several threads intended to replace a large thread on 911 that was recently closed. Each of these new threads will highlight various results of my original research into events surrounding 9/11 that have not appeared elsewhere on ATS. Here is the first of those statements made in the original thread:

1. CNN's headquarters in NYC was located in the North tower on the 110th Floor of the WTC, but not one single, solitary CNN employee appears on the lists I have of dead/missing by floor number/corporate occupant for the floors above impact point. i.e. somebody told the CNN staff (which had leased almost the entire 110th floor) to skip work that day.

This was the first point in the thread recently frozen by SkepticOverlord for purposes of neatness, conciseness and clarity.

To highlight what has taken place with regard to this subject previously:

1. It was my contention that CNN had a large office on this floor. My assumption was based on three paper copies of different occupancy lists of the tenants of the North Tower by corporation by floor number. One of these lists clearly shows CNN as a tenant of the 110th floor along with several NYC area TV stations. There were minor SF figures given for each of these stations totalling 3200 SF of total leased space (out of the total floor space of 40,000 SF) but no figure given for CNN. I may have jumped to conclusions by assuming that CNN had leased the remainder of the space and had a large office on this floor.

2. A moderator originally challenged my assertion that any space was leased by CNN on this floor, as my links had been deleted or changed and I had/have (at this writing) no way to scan my documents into this site. Fortunately, ATS member "Bangin" was able to post a different link showing that CNN was indeed listed as a tenant, but without any SF figures.

3. Several members took umbrance with my calling this leased space "CNN's headquarters in NYC" and stated (to me the obvious) that the national HQ for CNN is in Atlanta. I concede that point, but insisted my intent was never to call this the national HQ but only a regional HQ.

4. Later a moderator found 2 links which claimed that CNN had only 200 SF of that floor leased. I intially assumed that this put to rest my assumption that there was a large office on this floor. However, after closer examination it was shown that these 2 links were both put together AFTER 9/11, and this possibly susceptible to error/maipulation.

So, IMO, the issue has not been thoroughly closed. If CNN, did indeed have a large office there, they should have listed casualities as did every other corporation above the impact points in both towers. Many are stating that the 200 SF claim is thoroughly valid, despite the date of the links used to support this claim, and are in disagreement with me as to this point still being a valid bone of contention in the overall 9/11 debate.

I have/am conced-ed/ing:

1> That my choice of words to describe this leased space (no matter what size it may eventually be proven to have been) as "CNNs headquarters in NYC" was a poor one, and was a jump to a conclusion that I made in error.

2> That it is entirely plausible that the 200 SF figure may eventually be proven correct.

3> That my statement following the i.e. is conjectural, and ought not to have been included in the original thread with a subject heading that included the word "facts."

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Wht don't you try asking them?

CNN -- Headquarters E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.cnn.com Phone: (404) 827-1500 Fax: (404) 878-0891 Address: One CNN Center Atlanta, GA 30348-5366

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is going to get very ugly, very fast. Watch out.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot
4. Later a moderator found 2 links which claimed that CNN had only 200 SF of that floor leased. I intially assumed that this put to rest my assumption that there was a large office on this floor. However, after closer examination it was shown that these 2 links were both put together AFTER 9/11, and this possibly susceptible to error/maipulation.

Just for the record, I was the one to link you to the CNN 110th tenancy, as well as the CNN 200 sq. ft space. Details.

I really would have appreciated some scanned documents to go along with this thread.

[Edited on 4/22/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This was done TO DEATH! 200 square feet is not an office! Do not repost topics that have been extensively discussed and solved.

new topics

top topics

join