It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at this Iraqi deception

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"1) I don't think that you believe what you wrote. That's impossible. Lupe, THE WHOLE WORLD IS AWARE THAT SADDAM IS A TYRANT !!! Where are you living ? On Mars ? "

I know english isn't your first language so I'll be gentle and assume you didn't fully understand the nuances of what I wrote.

what is a "tyrant"
there are many different levels. a dictator may be a tyrant even as his people prosper, a democratic leader may be one even as he lets his people starve.

As I stated, in identifying what should be done about a tyrant one must calculate wether the people he is leading will be better off without him.
You can't argue that on a philosophical principal of some divine necessity for all societys to be like ours. You have to weigh up what he is doing to them and what he will do to them in the future against what he will do to them should we attack and what our attack will do to them.

I made no conclusions concerning the outcome of this, I simply stated it as an aspect of what one MUST do before one decides what action to take. Thats a fact.

my "opinion" is that a peacefull resolution and working with saddam to ensure prosperity for his people is a more effective way of dealing with this situation than blowing him up. The down side is that it leaves him in control of Iraq and the US doesn't get their grubby paws on all that yummy oil.

"2) " Political agenda ". Finally, I understand what's going on with you, and why you are writing that Saddam is, may be, not a tyrant. You're so from the left, that you hate too much Bush. So, of course,he can do what he want, like he's not a leftist, you're still hating him. Even if Bush was finding a cancer cure, I'm sure that you'll write something like : " Huuum, yeah, but becareful to his political agenda. I think that's a trick to screw us.Don't forget, he's from the right and nothing good can come from the right and from Bush ". "

This is a non argument, and I've covered my stance on it in the post above, feel free to ead it.

"3) Don't worry.Many tyrants are pefectly aware who's the next tyrant on the Bush list. "

and then what. Who's next? and then who? and then?
Bush is setting precident here which can be cited any time he wishes to take control of another country. I know you like the bangs and fire works and the whole gung ho nature of steem rolling over these little tin pot hitlers, what your not considering is the consiquences of making the US responsible for the global politic.

"4) Really ? You have a short-memorie lupe. You don't remember what the USA did with Japan and Germany after the WW2 ? Now, Germany and Japan are both democracy !!! Not like the former-East Germany who had " the pleasure" to be "set free" by the former USSR ( unlike the rest of the poor former Eastern Europe )."

I don't need to. I can cite a much more recent and applicable comparison, that being gulf war 1. Its a prime example of how failing to plan ahead ended in a situation that actually worsened the lives of the Iraqi's

I hear no talk of exactly how they plan to rebuild a democracy in Iraq, mainly because they're fully aware that a good percentage of the people there don't like the US and aren't going to welcome one being imposed on them.

in your head you see a scared country living under the opression of a fanatical leader who will kill them if they don't do what he says.

you seem to forget that if his massive ,(and it is massive I believe a recent statistic suggested that at least one member of every family in Iraq worked for his administration ) army really hated his guts they would have over thrown him.
they're not going to though.
they are going to fight the US.
and they are going to loose, and they are going to be not so happy about the next government. the BEST case senario you will end up with in Iraq is a puppet government, with a proxy military under constant attack from militant internal terrorist factions. This does not sound stable to me.

"USA are not a communist nation. They will NOT enslaved the defeated nation. They will bring them democracy, peace, stability and wealth. And that's what you hate so much. The USA are NOT what you are saying on them. "

quite where you developed this sycophantic streak I'm not sure but regardless, read the above paragraph again. If it was as simple as shooting saddam and moving a democracy in then hell, go for it, christ I'll even do the shooting. unfortunately its not, and crying about it and whinging that I'm not being as pro america as I should be isn't going to change that.

Iraq (and BTW afghanistan) are going to suffer from massive internal conflict for decades if the US does what you are proposing.

"Your hypocrisy is disgusting !!! You are nothing more than a frustrated left-winger who will say and write anything, just to prove that HE'S RIGHT and the USA have WRONG. You don't care about the Iraki or North-Korea peoples.You'll let them die in hell if it help you in your anti-USA/Right-wing crusade. "

getting a little emotive ducky. It really doesn't help make your argument any more coherent.
Sorry old bean but I'm afraid your simply wrong here.
I do care. Deeply. and I do everything in my power to promote a peacefull solution.
That includes talking to people like you as much as it includes attending rallys signing petitions and writing letters.
And, oddly enough its working. Blair is having to re asses his support for the US in this, he admited himself that it was practically political suicide.
maybe he'll realise what his own party are telling him, and back down.
heres hopeing.

"You are not a real democrat. You are just a little commie/nazis who's hidding himself behind a so-called ideal. "

whatever you say *nod*

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Lupo I dont know where you are from and did not direct my whole comment at you just the first part! You suggest I have a narrow view of the situation and somehow lack your more worldly educated view. Is this some kind of eurotrash elitism peering through? You dont know my politics OR my understanding of the world situation yet you accuse me of "wildly inaccurate accusations" WHERE? Where have I made any wildly inaccurate accusations! You dodge my questions which were put out for all of the anti-war posters (notice I didnt say democrat) You try and equate the situation in Iraq with a criminal case in court (and in the process call the United States a democracy, WHICH IT IS NOT!!!its a REPUBLIC theres a difference if you dont know it then you are not as politically wise as you claim) You Lupo fail to grasp the essence of the UN resolution 1441 which states that yes in fact it is up to SADDAM to prove he has no WMD. The inspectors are not crime lab technicians sent in to gather forensic evidence to prove or dis-prove a case for the prosecution! The Iraqis have not accepted this resolution (per Hans Blix) which they agree to do under the terms of the cease fire agreement signed to stop the Gulf War. The United States has been enforcing the terms of the cease fire for the last 10years. But hey I can type till I am blue in the face but you will still make excusses for Tyranny. You prove this when you say we can work with Saddam to better his people. What a pipe dream Yes in a perfect world that would be the case But this is far from perfect! Saddam has no care for his people. The real kicker to your post Lupo was when you said SADDAM was a democraticlly elected leader.......Well I think not in fact he was not elected he siezed power from his former boss the head of the Bathh party who lead Iraq in the late 70's Saddam curried favor with the military and crowbared his way into power by forcing his boss to either give up his seat or die! He is a THUG and can not be reasoned with or play the game thats the whole reason this is going on in the first place. I think you Lupo need to examine your view of the world as it seems you are the one looking through rose colored glasses expecting everyone to play by the same rules. SURE we can reason with saddam just sit down and talk with him.........RIGHT!

Now to clear up something Lupo My comments to you were ment to be light hearted not to suggest you were stupid or anything its a bit difficult to impart the right mood in these post. And I guess I could have more clearly addressed the rest of the board!
Oh and for the record I am not a Republican or a Democrat Im a libertarian!! And you can put all the lables on all the Parties around the world but Bottom line is either your party supports true liberty and freedom or it doesn't!! There is no in between!!

<< 1   >>

join