It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurry, wont last long, Mod insight.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I just spent 20 minutes typing this out on the 911 thread only to find it was closed by the time i was done.
I will give you a brief overview, then u can go verify for yourself.
Mepatriot claimed the CNNs NY headquarters was on 110th flr in WTC
S.O. said that was wrong.
S.O. produced an article (from CNN.com) that showed NO CNN on any floor in WTC. (Anybody see a problem with pulling up a CNN article to defend CNN? And this guy calls himself 'SKEPTICoverlord'?)
Then S.O. starts cross referencing statements made in a prior thread by mepatriot. Telling mepatriot he needed to 'do more research' (on CNN.com perhaps?)
Then S.O. quoted part of the CNN article and stated clearly that CNN was not on any floor in WTC.
Then an article appears that confirms CNN did indeed have space on the 110th floor.

1 Mepatriot claimed that CNNs NY headquarters were in WTC.
2 S.O. claimed that CNN held no space in WTC.

S.O. claimed that CNN HELD NO SPACE in WTC.
Whether or not the 'space' rented was a headquarters remains to be seen.
Never-the-less, one of the two statements above has been proved wrong, the other one has been 'debunked'.

There IS an agenda going on here people, dont trick yourselves into thinking everyone here is on the up & up. There are wolves in sheeps clothing lurking about ATS, make no mistake. Ask critical questions at all times, and dont be seduced by big powerful sounding names, fancy pictures, or the fancy words some will use to degrade and discredit people. Think for yourselves and truely DENY IGNORANCE!

Im pretty sure this post will get erased, and me banned, or abused at least, but i decided a long time ago to speak my mind when i see injustice.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread. I sat and wrote one of the longest rebut posts I've ever entered at ATS regarding points all along the way (on Megapatriot's 9-11 thread) only to discover that the thread had been killed!!!
And of course, there is no way to retrieve those points made.

It figures.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by aware
Im pretty sure this post will get erased, and me banned, or abused at least, but i decided a long time ago to speak my mind when i see injustice.

Well, I'm not sure if your attacking people for not blindly following mepatriot, attacking SO for pointing out flaws in his logic, attacking Mods because they try to keep topics on a few threads as possible so there is not hundreds of them, or just trying to create some half-baked drama.

Is this because we didn't all blindly follow like sheep?

The thread is closed due to so many topics being discussed that nobody could keep up. SO quite clearly posted, that separate threads could be started (and he even said in which forum) and he would post the links in the closed 9/11 thread to the new topics. What is the big foul there?

Most people with some basic understanding could see that SO is actually fostering more threads with that option, not less. Kinda blows your whole theory which make the real injustice....just this thread.

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
it must be spring fever, I swear everyone here has lost their marbles :shk:

ummm once again 200 square feet of an unmanned technical station which housed a small room for 1 or 2 engineers, antennas and a transmitter doesn't not qualify as a CNN office.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
The thread is closed due to so many topics being discussed that nobody could keep up. SO quite clearly posted, that separate threads could be started (and he even said in which forum) and he would post the links in the closed 9/11 thread to the new topics. What is the big foul there?

Ok so a thread was killed because it had too much information in it and no one could keep up is that it? WTF is going on here. The thread should have never been removed. It seemed to me that everyone seemed to gang up on mepatriot and they were all too eager to call him a liar instead of having a productive conversation. Im not going to name names but you know who you are. It's shame really, I was really enjoying that thread.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Ok so a thread was killed because it had too much information in it and no one could keep up is that it? WTF is going on here. The thread should have never been removed. It seemed to me that everyone seemed to gang up on mepatriot and they were all too eager to call him a liar instead of having a productive conversation. Im not going to name names but you know who you are. It's shame really, I was really enjoying that thread.

First of all...it was not "removed".
The thread is right here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Second, it certainly did not have too much information...but had several distinct topics within. It was stated:

In the interest of continued discussion and community continuity, I think it might be best to close this thread, and encourage the creation of new threads, one for each specific topic brought forth in this thread. MP has indicated he'll be scanning documents, and when he does, I'll provide him an easy means to upload and store them.

But the continued back-and-forth on perhaps seven or eight distinct topics is causing this thread to grow at a pace where it's nearly impossible to follow unless you're constantly online. This would discourage potential new participants from jumping in.

I'll close this thread, and urge those involved (mainly MP) to initiate new threads in the War on Terrorism forum, one for each of the distinct topics.

The quote above was from SO. Now, I can't speak for his intent, but I seem to see:
1) the thread is still there not removed
2) a willingness to host documents that pertain to the issue
3) an open invite to open separate threads for each topic
4) and an encouragement for people that didn't get a chance, to post on the newer threads that pertain to each topic

If a point is raised and then 4 pages of "stuff" get added before you can make a comment, how productive is that?

Once again...how is any of this bad exactly?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
go back and read the thread... Skeptic, gave everyone a chance to voice thier opinion about the thread being closed... no one spoke up, so he closed it.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think we need to break out my Oath of Loyalty in BTS as well as the rings forum.

All mods please repeat after me:
I here by declare my full and unfailing loyalty to ATS and its members. I will not consort with anyone who attempts to disrupt the ring contest and I hereby suggest that those who do be reprimanded. I will continue to ferret out the traitors within our midst. MOD Section: I will not be swayed by my political beliefs in relation to closing or deleting a thread. I will respect all theories except for those in the Conspiracies in Religion Section. I shall ban members efficiently but with due cause. I will under no circumstances yield to those who would desire a thread being deleted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Whhhoooo! Glad my name wasn't on the "memo."

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Let's not forget the tons of ass kissing going on here, and the clickiness...

In no way should the thread of been closed... What the hell was the point of that??

I know exactly what's going on here, i'm not even going to start naming names, but this is getting really ridiculous. How can we have good honest open discussion on a DISCUSSION board if it isn't fair game?

Quit the bs, the ass kissing, the clickiness, and redunancy of it all...
I want to enjoy my time here without all this bs...thanks for listening.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

I know exactly what's going on here, i'm not even going to start naming names, but this is getting really ridiculous. How can we have good honest open discussion on a DISCUSSION board if it isn't fair game?

Quit the bs, the ass kissing, the clickiness, and redunancy of it all...
I want to enjoy my time here without all this bs...thanks for listening.

Lets start throwing up names, its time for healthy discussin. I vote for change. Lets bust out names. Lets punish the ignorant. Lets roll.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Someone close this pile of #....

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
"wont last long"

hehe, it's lasted a bit longer than you thought eh?

They're not as bad as you think you know, maybe it's time to get over your paranoia. I know we're a paranoid bunch, but sheesh!

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
It seemed to me that everyone seemed to gang up on mepatriot and they were all too eager to call him a liar instead of having a productive conversation. Im not going to name names but you know who you are.

I never called mega a liar. I called him a hack. And after he repeatedly failed to produce his "evidence" and started ignoring facts, I called him a loon. :bnghd:

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by Facefirst]

new topics

top topics

join