It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

government on this site?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Maybe. I don't think the real MJ12 or FBI bother tho. They would just be wasting their time. I think there is enough ego maniacs on here they don't need to. Plus there is hardly ever solid proof so most of it can be debunked in some way or form.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuledBySecrecy
you know what, just a guess here.
i bet they have other things to be occupying their time with, you know, more important things? like solving conflict and war? getting us out of the economic crisis? saving the world and all that stuff? or would it come under national security, reading the ramblings of some bored people on one website out of the billions that exist. ATS poses no real threat to anybody the governenment at the absolute most know that this site exists but will not really care.

Seeing as the emphasis of these threads have to do with government conspiracies, then entertainment for 1 moment that the economic meltdown is staged by the NWO (the Rothschilds and a limited number of other families have controlled the global market for quite some time), they can and have in the past (Israel) staged world events for their likings. This information is all over the internet, and for the most part ties together quite rationally. ATS would pose a significant threat since the source of their current power lies in presenting orchestrated conflicts to generate a desired result.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by insider15
I can tell you for a 100% fact government employees do read these threads.

Well, given that governments tend to be massive employers, statistically government employees are very likely to read and post on these boards.

I say this as someone who used to work for the local government's propaganda unit. Also, just because someone works for the government doesn't necessarily mean they toe any kind of official or party line. My posts hardly read as the work of a government shill.

Similarly, someone who doesn't work for the government could reflect views that more than happily fit in with what's perceived as being an official or party view.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I would say most definitely, but it is only suspicion/ speculation based on responses to different threads with subject matters related to current events, like taxes on various substances.

Of course, it is MY mind at work, but, I believe protests that vehemently lambaste individuals for opinions expressed, or data cited, could be indicative of such "TOOLS". Critical discourse is to be expected, but with at least some civility and decorum, without approaching limits of T&C.
Sheep are very sociable animals, quite the opposite of vampires and zombies.
They don't exist in real life.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I work for the British government! ... however, I merely fix PC's in a mundane department!
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if there were people employed to observe sites like this. I can't recall who told me, but I was once told that emails, telephone calls and websites are monitored for certain keywords (bomb, terror, osama, revolution etc.) ... I don't know if it's true but this site would be setting off alarm bells all day if it were!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebird69
I work for the British government! ... however, I merely fix PC's in a mundane department!
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if there were people employed to observe sites like this. I can't recall who told me, but I was once told that emails, telephone calls and websites are monitored for certain keywords (bomb, terror, osama, revolution etc.) ... I don't know if it's true but this site would be setting off alarm bells all day if it were!

Exactly. Everything the government does is for the purpose of mind control -- everything. Without mind control, there is the need for machine guns and expensive wars and such to get the people to conform.

The mind control is accomplished mainly by means of the government schools and the controlled media (television, radio, print, music, movies). The Internet is a wild card, one of those two-edged swords, set up originally so the government could have better abailities to monitor and control us, but it also provided us a way to communicate and share information so that many of us wakened up from the contrived government matrix of lies.

So yes, of course they have many paid agents sent to post on these boards. They also hack the sites, and try to pull down sites like that of Alex Jones. They are working now to shut down the Internet as we know it, so we can no longer share information the way we have been.

The search engines are corrupted already. You Tube is not what it once was. The good videos get censored quicker than you can blink your eye.

But it's too late. The cat is already out of the bag, and there are so many people who have mirror sites and have saved so much of this information that they can't stop us now.

The only thing they can do to save themselves at this point is to stage another horrid war, some excuse for martial law, and start killing us en masse. So get busy and hurry up and wake up your neighbors while there is still time.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

They are here I'm convinced or maybe just monitoring the site for certain content, some have even accused ATS of being a CIA front or clearinghouse, I'm sure the alphabet guy's look into sites like this one from time but as far as the skeptics go and connecting them with gov agents, I'm sure some of them would love for you to think they are but chances are they are just "regular" members with differing views then yours.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Yes, the Government (not just USA) posts on boards, and disinfo's

Just one example of hand in cookie jar sort of thing.

their main purpose I have seen is using bogus logical "Arguments" to derail threads that are on the "Wrong" (Right) Track.

Asking emotionally charged questions, misleading info, and fishing for TOS breaches... things like that.

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
As others have mentioned, Govt employees have free time, surf at work and will reflect an interest in UFOs as much as society at large.

I don't see any need for the assumptions that many departments of the government and NASA have members on ATS purely to muddy the waters. Look at any of the recent STS threads, there's enough debate to make most 'long threads' ultimately peter out and remain unresolved.

So could some of the skeptics here be government officials making the ufo topic seem unlikely? I bet there are quite a few hundred of them on here if you ask me.

The skeptics aren't shouting 'swamp gas' or 'Venus' (unless it's aperture effect), they are offering some reasonable explanations for what sometimes seems extraordinary. When they aren't offering links to alternative explanations they are asking good questions. One or two skeptics wear blindfolds and have their fingers in their ears. The same goes for some of the 'believers' too

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join