It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can insectoids and reptilians have babies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I came across some information describing the insectoids and how they are in fact the most elusive of the alien races and whatever. Well then I wondered how they interacted with the reptilians and then...it occurred to me if the insectoids and reptilians could have babies, seeing how the reptilians are out numbered by the humans. Perhaps the two alien races can start having babies so maybe they won't have to kill off the entire human population and just out breed them instead...?..!?.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Speciation occurs when a single population diverges enough genetically (often as a result of geographic divergence) as to no longer produce viable offspring. For example, horses and zebras are different species. They can still mate, but the offspring will be sterile. There are four different known methods of speciation. Allopatric, peripatric, parapatric, and sympatric.

Now... horses and zebras share a very recent common ancestor. Humans and Bonobo Chimpanzees share a much further common ancestor. Even up the scale a bit - analysis of Neanderthal mtDNA suggests that even they were to far diverged from humanity for successful interbreeding.

So how is it that "Reptiles" and "Insects" - who would undoubtedly share a common ancestor much, much further down the tree of life if they somehow come from the same biosphere. Some suggest they came from underground on Earth - but reptiles and insects here diverged during the early Cambrian or pre-Cambrian period. How the hell could they breed with that much division? If they don't come from Earth, or if they came from different planets from each other, they share NO common ancestor. Just as they would share no common ancestor with us.

How the hell would breeding work?

Genetic manipulation? Perhaps... but if they have that sort of mastery over their genetics, then why would they need to breed -AT ALL-? Why not just modify their own genetic code right from the get-go? It makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Erm...

We don't even know they exist. No offence, but that would be like saying do you think mr Partario flyn, Doncaster would make a suitable husband to the Mrs O'butter of Runcorn.

I ask you... would they make a family?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well I know insects and reptiles are real............................I mean I see them all the time. I'm pretty sure I've seen insectoids lurking around the corners of my home. It's true what they say about them....they are difficult to uncover. I keep a can of raid for the insectoids and a fire extinguisher for the reptilians.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
What exactly is your question?

Do you mean to ask if can they interbreed with each other? If so, I think if they are highly advanced enough they could pull off a hybrid.

Or do you mean that they can interbreed with us? Answer would be same as above.

Or are you asking if they are viviparous (have livebirth instead of laying eggs)? If so, there are reptiles that have live birth, such as boa constrictors. There are also insects that have live birth, such as the tetse fly.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
How did the reptilains reproduce in the TV show V?

Do people really believe in this stuff?

link   
How did the reptilains reproduce in the TV show V?

Do people really believe in this stuff?

link   
I honestly can never tell If people are serious about reptilians or whatever the latest -oid is. No offense meant but it just seems so ridiculous that I cant possibly believe it and I have a hard time understanding why anyone else would.

now that said If said creatures did exist, It is quite likely that they would have a way to interbreed Insects and reptiles both are egg creatures while the way of production is somewhat different, fundamentally it's the same one critter pops the egg/eggs out and another critter fertalizes those Itty Bitty little ones. So It would make sense that over time an evolution or even an engineering could occur that would allow the two species to interbreed; sort of lik ehow humans and chimps technically can mate and if there was an evolution could interbreed.

And that last paragraph having been said, I still say there is no way that reptilians really exist, but if they do ... Ill buy you a coke

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
flying boa constrictors, watch out.

I could imagine a planet with reptiles and insects evolving together, each contributing to the other. In time they learn to combine aspects of their DNA to create hybrids that can survive several extreme conditions, thus making the able to explore the universe and land on different planets with their varying climates.

This is all speculation of course. I would love to meet one. Right in front of me. I dont think Id freak out too much. maybe for the first 30 seconds or so. Just enough time for some underwearstaining

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Many reptiles happen to eat insects (and a couple cases go the other way). I can see were co-evolution of reptoids and insectoids would lead.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Talk about some ugly babies hu?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I am not certain she/he were talking about the two races interbreeding.

It seems plausible that the op were discussing her/his self evolution within the train of thought she/he were having, so as to give the reader the best and truest picture.

And that they were explaining the process of coming to the aphiphany of the 'what if' in that processes completeness--

If they meant reptiles and insects mating with each other-I read it all wrong.

What if the alien species, both the insectiods and reptoids within their own respective populations-replicates?

I would wonder why or how they would exist if they could not.

I do personally believe that reproduction by way of the reptoid females birth canal has been scientifically disrupted-I have no proof or links to offer in pursuit of that theory--as if they exist, and my personal beliefs, well-so what-right? So, nevermind that but for a whimsy point of ponderance on the road of the what ifs as far as alternative theories goes.

I hope the op isn't shy to come back and clarify if they meant breeding with each other or amoungst themselves.

The two of them interbred if possible would be an awful, horrible, disgusting thing to do. Hey! Maybe that is where the character from the movie, "Aliens" came from. Tragic. Watch out!

[edit on 7-4-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
To much Dragonball Z there buddy.

No proof they exist.

They most likely do not.

If they do, more interesting is if they became bipedal.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
you mean like together ? so like they can get married and have children I hope there's laws .

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
"Can insectoids and reptilians have babies?"
I really don't know but in either case, be careful trying to mount them as they might well bite!

new topics

top topics

join