It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Scientists Use Google Maps To Find Yeti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Russian Scientists Use Google Maps To Find Yeti

english.pravda.ru

The authorities of the Russian town of Kemerovo arranged a special expedition to find the yeti habitat which was discovered by Google maps. - Recently there have been more than 20 claims from the local hunters who said they had seen strange creatures in the forests. These creatures resembled yeti. After the claims from the local hunters Kemerovo authorities decided to create the team of scientists for yeti searches.

The expedition turned to be successful. Scientists managed to find ‘fresh’ yeti footprints in the Azassky cave. Scientists found two identical yeti footprints. One of them was left on the rock and it dates back 5,000 years ago, and the other footprint which was left not long ago was found at the bottom of the cave.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related-News:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.mailonsunday.co.uk

[edit on 6-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You may click here to find photos from that expedition.

Those scientists added: “They are absolutely identical. Five thousand years ago yetis settled down in this cave and now their descendants are still living here. The conditions in the cave are suitable for yeti. The cave defends them from rains, snow and wind. There is also a lake in the middle of the cave where yetis can find clean water”.

Reportedly, those scientists did not find yetis that time. They explained that their snowmobiles were "too noisy" and yetis had to hide somewhere in the forests.

Awww! Don't scare the poor Yetis! They might become angry & start ripping your noisy snowmobiles to pieces...

Shambala Inner Earth City protected by Tibetan monks?

If you can, can you give me the Google Earth coordinants please? ... I mean it's hard to get a hair sample of an alleged yeti scalp they had at one of the monastaries.

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
pravda.ru?

Nope, completely BS news source I'm afraid to say.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Bad source. It is all make believe. It is the Russian equivalent of "The Weekly World News" in the US.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Thanks for alerting me & others. I wasn't aware of their long history of comedy & deception. We shouldn't trust any of these sources, all of the time:

Related-News:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.mailonsunday.co.uk[/q uote]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Ironically enough "Pravda" in Russian means "The Truth". lol

new topics

top topics

join