It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Caskets Arriving at Dover -- What Bush Doesn't Want Reported

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
My point is this are american childrens, husband, wife and friends they are our heros the governmet does not have the right to bring them in the country like some shameful fatality, because that does not look good for elections.

Have you, yourself, ever been there when a body returns? It is one of the most solemn events that you can ever see. It is one of the last acts that this country can do to repay the soldiers who gave thier lives for it. If they wanted to bring them back in shame, they would back up a truck to the plane and toss body bags into it.

Instead they are brought back under the flag which they served under, to a military funeral procession. If the politicians wanted to use those for political gain, they would be there to receive the caskets themeselves.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You are right the links are death, yesterday I was able to link but about two hours later I got a cant no find server error, and even my home page will not download.
SOOPKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!we are been monitored.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Semper fi EastCoastkid, My husband is a die hard Marine he will defend the actions in iraq to death,

My parents and brother are like that -- my son and I ... agree to disagree with them. I never supported Bush's rush to war, and I think that when he "hands over the government" (in his rush to get out and look like the Good Guy) then things will continue to get worse and worse there.

My point is this are american childrens, husband, wife and friends they are our heros the governmet does not have the right to bring them in the country like some shameful fatality, because that does not look good for elections.

Excellent point, and thank you for making it. The government doesn't deserve to sneak the coffins in the back door because seeing them arrive with a full ceremony and counting the casualties might not be a good photo-op for an election year.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
If the politicians wanted to use those for political gain, they would be there to receive the caskets themeselves.

"Knock, knock, McFly!"

You don't seem to understand that a number isn't as emotionally disturbing as a visual picture. I believe someone mentioned earlier in this thread that we're visual-whores. A picture is worth a thousand words..or so they say. The sight of countless coffins, draped in American flags, will affect the public much more than a 'death toll' number.

Political gain? Bah.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin

Originally posted by COOL HAND
If the politicians wanted to use those for political gain, they would be there to receive the caskets themeselves.

"Knock, knock, McFly!"

You don't seem to understand that a number isn't as emotionally disturbing as a visual picture. I believe someone mentioned earlier in this thread that we're visual-whores. A picture is worth a thousand words..or so they say. The sight of countless coffins, draped in American flags, will affect the public much more than a 'death toll' number.

Political gain? Bah.

Wouldn't a picture accompanying a article about how the person died be more disturbing than seeing a flag drapped coffin? A face that will never be seen again?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thats what I tried to point out it is not the same to see one casket that with a flag than 100 all together, or just a happy graduation picture of better times, does anybody notices that the press always choose to show pictures of graduations even if the person is 40 years old?.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Cool hand has a point a picture will be better so we know who hero is in that casket, good point. We americans like to honor our death but we hate to be to attach if is not one of our relatives, we have to remember this are soldiers than die for our country and they deserve all the honor they can get I wish somebody will force the president and his family to attend every single funeral and appologize in public to their families.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Semper fi EastCoastkid, My husband is a die hard Marine he will defend the actions in iraq to death

marg6043,
Your husband does not have to defend his actions in Iraq. It isn't his fault he's there. He is doing his job the best he can and I respect him for that. This administration has placed our troops into the most untenable of situations. No one can say how he would react to any given situation there until he was there himself. I have a few experiences of my own on that count. It is his leadership at the highest levels I hold responsible.

As for the photos of grouped caskets, it would be very politically damaging to the Bush administration if Americans kept seeing them, because it shows the volume. A more harsh perspective. Don't think for a minute it isn't political.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid As for the photos of grouped caskets, it would be very politically damaging to the Bush administration if Americans kept seeing them, because it shows the volume. A more harsh perspective. Don't think for a minute it isn't political.
You assume they would take their attention away from "Everybody Loves Raymond", "American Idol" and other broadcast pabulum to notice.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Semper fi EastCoastkid, My husband is a die hard Marine he will defend the actions in iraq to death

marg6043,
Your husband does not have to defend his actions in Iraq. It isn't his fault he's there. He is doing his job the best he can and I respect him for that. This administration has placed our troops into the most untenable of situations. No one can say how he would react to any given situation there until he was there himself. I have a few experiences of my own on that count. It is his leadership at the highest levels I hold responsible.

Reread her post, her husband isn't in Iraq.

As for the photos of grouped caskets, it would be very politically damaging to the Bush administration if Americans kept seeing them, because it shows the volume. A more harsh perspective. Don't think for a minute it isn't political.

How does it show a more harsh perspective? Thanks to the internet Americans can see them whenever they want.

How would you feel if your loved one came back like that and the picture was posted for everyone to see. Don't you respect their privacy at all?

It is the people who are critical of this war who have made it a political item. Leave the families in peace, haven't they already suffered enough?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
And that's my point we need the rest of the country that have no ties with the war in iraq because they have no members over iraq to see what the nation is mourning about, If my son or husband comes back in a casket I want the entire nation to know it that he did not die in vane that he or she is a hero and not only a death one and then I will blame the government for his death and he will not go quietly because I will be there to make sure he or she will not. This country has become to pasive we don't want to hurt anybody feelings, well if I am hurt I will want everybody to know.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
We should all be hurt by the death of each and every one of our men and women in uniform. I am not above admitting I have shed plenty of tears thinking of those who have paid the ultimate price serving our country in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are my brothers and sisters and I salute them all.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

We should all be hurt by the death of each and every one of our men and women in uniform. I am not above admitting I have shed plenty of tears thinking of those who have paid the ultimate price serving our country in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are my brothers and sisters and I salute them all.

You make me want to puke. You are so full of crap that I can smell it here.

You are the one who is constantly posting about all the atrocities that the US troops commit over there, and now you expect us to believe that you feel bad that they are dead? You actually believe that they are doing them, do you deny that?

What kind of wishy washy attitude is that?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
That's how I feel. Sorry you can't stand it. You on the other hand, havn't an ounce of humanity.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That's how I feel. Sorry you can't stand it. You on the other hand, havn't an ounce of humanity.

And how did you come to this great intellectual discovery oh wise elder?

BTW, its called spell check.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sorry if this point has already made, but I think it's a good thing Bush ordered that. We know the people fighing are dying out there, and their coffens have to be sent back to the US for burial, since we don't just leave our dead on the battlefield.

The families who have lost loved ones overseas are devistated by it. To then see your son or daughter being photographed in their coffen as they come home to you, and politicians using the photos to further a political agenda, it's just not right...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Understand that most soldiers in iraq do not want to be there, they know that this war is wrong but they do not have any other choice, yes you always going to find the one that loves the fight and the killing but most of them do not, and the enemy in iraq is not the regular iraqui citizen but mercenaries from other countries that wants to make US. look bad in iraq I am very sad about this coments coolhand. I am sad for you, many inocent iraquis are diying because those radical groups do not care for their own.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Some family members think its an affront to their son or daughters' honor to be shipped home and off-loaded in such a secretive manner.

This is just my thinking on it: When I saw that cargo plane full of coffins, I counted them and meditated on the huge loss of life. And then it angered me b/c this administration is clueless about the whole damn thing. And show the most callous disregard for their troops in each and every way. I think it would be highly damaging to the president and his re-election effort.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Some family members think its an affront to their son or daughters' honor to be shipped home and off-loaded in such a secretive manner.

Which ones, where is your proof? I have yet to meet a family who would want this event broadcast in the news, and I am a CACO. I have to ask them that question, and the response has always been no thank you.

And show the most callous disregard for their troops in each and every way. I think it would be highly damaging to the president and his re-election effort.

Where are your examples of this disregard? Oh wait, I keep forgetting that you post without proof.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You are insufferable. When are you going to back up your warped rhetoric and go volunteer for Iraq duty? Or are you just the pathetic armchair warrior you come across as?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join