It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fact is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Eventually a New World Order will become a necessary and beneficial thing. Here's a possible timeline: Our population will expand, resources will be consumed, we will have no choice but to attempt to colonize other planets, we will realize there is other life in the universe and drop being naive by thinking we are the only life in the universe, the broken nations of the world must join together for defensive and resource reasons, and there you have it, a One World Government.

No, now is not the time for a NWO. And no, we will not have a NWO for quite some time. But yes, we WILL have one eventually, it's inescapable.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
hey your new right? welcome to ATS,
errmmmm what exactly is your point

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
that NWO is inevitable

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
well of course, if the idea of expanding to new worlds is the goal then a single world government is logically. I have come to believe that no one will see a single world government in there life time 'cause at the moment there is really no need for one. As far as we know, we are alone.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sorry, when we be at that point in earth history, human life as we now it will be eliminated just like does other species on earth before us, we are not that special just have a better brain but not very smart on how to use it.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I don't know about a 'new world order', but the idea of a unification is a good one. One where nationalism is replaced with Humanism, and the good of one is for the good of many.

Unfortunately, we are human, and as such we would almost require a total psychic evolution to get over our selfish tendencies, collectively.

DC

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
Eventually a New World Order will become a necessary and beneficial thing.

A One World Government will bring us back to the feudalism system of the Middle Ages.

So, unless you have billions of dollars, I hardly think it's a beneficial thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Illmatic67: why does a global government mean feudalism? Under a genuine feudal system, the aristocracy or elite owe as much responsibility to their servants or tenants as they do to their king. Doesn't sound too bad, if it could be made to work!

The problem here is one of definitism. I think most people can agree that *a* NWO would be a good idea - meritocratic (or at least democratic), open, transparent, wise and just - it's *the* NWO that we don't like the sound of.

As the esteemed DeltaChaos observed, humanism in the place of nationalism (or good old personal greed) is the key to global government. Furthemore, global government is the key to our social and cultural maturation.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think the world's systems will crumble before the New World Order comes into play. That makes way for the Revolution.

Damn, why do you all have so much doubt? People seem hopeless like "OMG THE NEW WORLD ORDER!!!" # that #. It's not going to happen. Why? WE are not going to let it happen. WE meaning everyone on the Earth. Including you guys to.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
thats an intresting thoery ive never heard befor but i dont think its likely sorry but its possible

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Unless we get some magical FTL technology, we're not going to be finding intelligent life in the cosmos for centuries, if not millenia.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Of course the "nwo" is inevitable. It always has been, look at the unification of tribes into provinces into states into countries, then countries into a worldwide government.

Theres too much hatred in the world for a single government to work right now, which is why we will not see anyone try to forcibly control it.

No one can take the world by force. It will have to be done on everyone's own accord.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
What I'm saying is, if we get past the point where we are all pointing figurative guns at each other and don't blow each other up, we will eventually find other intelligent life in the universe. I'm sorry if this sounds a bit pretentious, but the theory of other life in the universe is one among extreme few things which I have very little doubt of in this world.

Once we realize that we are not 'the center of the universe' so to speak, I theorize that humanity will forget our petty differences and unite together as a species. We will know that we are stronger truly united as one rather than divided as few in the massive universe.

top topics

join