It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Memory My Son Can Share With His Children......And Stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My son has his very first Base Ball game this weekend. The mighty 5-6 year old league! He's only had 1 practice as tonights practice is called off due to rain. Hopefully another practice can take place this week before the big game.
During the practice, the coaches worked with him tremendously. My son for the most part stood where told, then jumped up and down and hand flapped. (A symptom of his condition) All you need to do is watch for 10 seconds and you can see that he is different.
I am very VERY lucky that the township worked with me, and got him on the same team with many of his friends. His coaches and friends were so supportive of him. It is awesome! THEY are awesome!
So anyway. He has his uniform. I just bought him cleats, his first real glove, and some oil.
I've been a little under the weather the last couple of days, but guess what? We sat down and oiled his glove together. Wrapping it up tightly with a ball in it, and let it sit. Then finally breaking it in. He kept looking at me with total trust during the process. God how I love this kid. Thank you God for touching me with such a magnificent gift.

I bought a couple tennis balls and we played catch.

Some leather, some oil, some sweat, and a boatload of love makes a glove on his left hand a memory I am blessed to have given, AND received.

I am without a doubt the luckiest man on the planet.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Awesome! a sport I know something about!!!!
I think my little angel still has her glove tucked away in her closet.
4 years she played and medals and trophies to prove it.

So cool buddy!
I wish I could think about baseball right now, but the only balls flying around here are SNOWBALLS!:shk:

[edit on 6-4-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sounds just about perfect Lom

Reminds me of the day I took my boy to the airshow - he wasn't really enjoying the modern jets 'cause they were too noisy for him, but then the Battle of Britain memorial flight took to the air and he was transfixed.

And as I explained to him exactly what the planes were, what they did, and what they represented I could see he was taking it all in, and he couldn't take his eyes off them - his eyes were growing wider and wider and I'd never seen him so transfixed before. He literally fell in love with the planes there and then.

I just felt the same way - luckiest guy on the planet.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Wow! Was it solely the RAF in Spitfires, or did it also have The Flying Tigers in P-51's as well?
That must've been amazing!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm so very jealous. Thanks for sharing these moments with those of us who don't have children.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Awesome as usual buddy, thanks for sharing.

I'm looking forward to the day when me and my little guy can do things like that. He just turned 2 months old last week....so we've got a ways to go.

But man I can't wait.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Love it, Lombozo. I remember doing the same thing with the glove with my son. It was my favorite thing to watch him play baseball and have a catch with him in the backyard.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have girls but the youngest played T ball, how cute they are. Staring into space and playing with the dirt (mine at least)

Take lots of pictures and enjoy it they grow up so fast.

Sounds like your son is very lucky too.

top topics

join