It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the number 666 mean to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Lately it seems like I keep seeing the number 666. Strange I thought since it seems like I've been seeing it all over the place. I still think it's creepy that the SP500 bottomed out on my birthday. It has the year, month and day if you carry it out further to the decimal place. Strange I thought. Lately I keep seeing stocks when I looked at them they were up or down 6.66 percent. I went to church and the numbers on the board diagonally and some more numbers vertically read 666. I decided to do an internet search and read that angels sometimes try to send messages using numbers. I read if you keep seeing the number 666 you are out of balance I think between spiritual pursuits and material pursuits. What do you think? I think I may actually feel better when the SP500 drops below my birthday. I didn't post the decimal portion of the SP500 bottom since I try to avoid posting personal information even though I'm somewhat anonymous. How many times have you bought something at the grocery store and it totalled up to 6.66? It has been a few years since that happened though. Maybe it's all coincidences.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by orionthehunter]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It's just a number the majority of the times IMO. I see it from time to time, and it sticks out more than other numbers for obvious reasons.

The other day for example I was playing in a poker tourney, and at one point I had 666 chips. Another time I looked and the pot was 666 chips. I noticed it right away, but I look at those same exact numbers all the time and couldn't recall what any of them really said at the other times.

I also notice the year I was born, the current year, parts of my SSN etc, my address and so on.

The only place it really has significance would be in the prophecy, and in that it states it's a number of man etc. So it was making a very specific reference to something, and many people seem to take anything that has that number in it as automatically bad. I myself get a bit weary when I see it in somethings, but in a way that is related to - could it be the number of a man. When I see it in other things at random, I don't generally pay much attention to it in a significant way. But of course - do make a mental note same as anyone else. Impossible not too really.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The number 666 seen on the beast actually means

"Emphatic gross human imperfection."

The beast represents human rule by it's government, All human government, that number tagged onto it means it has failed humanity terribly. It is incapable of a fair and just governance for the world. Greed, desire for Power and stupidity being primary forms of the imperfection.

And if you know anything about the NWO, you understand why this makes perfect sense.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Many parents, when picking a name for their child, pick a name that means something or has a special significance. God is no exception...

666 is actually a God given number-name, when God picks names for people or things (in this case a beast), it generally has a deep significance and describes something about the person or thing that carries the name.

Numbers in the Bible often times carry deep meaning... I'll go over the numbers 3, 6 and 7 from an outside source:

Three. While the testifying of two witnesses to the same matter established proof sufficient for legal action, three made the testimony even stronger. The number three, therefore, is used at times to represent intensity, emphasis, or added strength. “A threefold cord cannot quickly be torn in two.” (Ec 4:12) Emphasis was achieved in Jesus’ threefold questioning of Peter after Peter’s three denials of Jesus. (Mt 26:34, 75; Joh 21:15-17) The vision telling Peter to eat of all kinds of animals, including those unclean according to the Law, was intensified by being given to him three times. This doubtless made it easier for Peter to understand, when Cornelius and his household accepted the good news, that God was now turning his attention to uncircumcised people of the nations, considered unclean by the Jews.—Ac 10:1-16, 28-35, 47, 48.

Six. This number at times represents imperfection. The number of “the wild beast” is 666 and is called “a man’s number,” indicating that it has to do with imperfect, fallen man, and it seems to symbolize the imperfection of that which is represented by “the wild beast.” The number six being emphasized to a third degree (the six appearing in the position of units, tens, and hundreds) therefore highlights the imperfection and deficiency of that which the beast represents, or pictures.—Re 13:18.

Seven. Seven is used frequently in the Scriptures to signify completeness. At times it has reference to bringing a work toward completion. Or it can refer to the complete cycle of things as established or allowed by God. By completing his work toward the earth in six creative days and resting on the seventh day, Jehovah set the pattern for the whole Sabbath arrangement, from the seven-day week to the Jubilee year that followed the seven-times-seven–year cycle. (Ex 20:10; Le 25:2, 6, 8) The Festival of Unleavened Bread and the Festival of Booths were each seven days long. (Ex 34:18; Le 23:34) Seven appears often in connection with the Levitical rules for offerings (Le 4:6; 16:14, 19; Nu 28:11) and for cleansings.—Le 14:7, 8, 16, 27, 51; 2Ki 5:10.

Notice how six falls short of seven, representing that which is incomplete and deficient from God's point of view. The fact that 6 is repeated 3 times gives extra emphasis on the gross imperfection, incompleteness and deficiency of the beast that carries this number-name.

For more info, go here

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Just to add to that

"A Human Number" A third clue to the meaning of 666 lies in its being "a man's number," or as The Amplified Bible puts it, "a human number." This expression could not refer to an individual human, for Satan—not any man—has authority over the beast. (Luke 4:5, 6; 1 John 5:19; Revelation 13:2, 18) Rather, the beast's having "a human number," or mark, suggests that it is a human entity, not spirit or demon, and that it therefore manifests certain human traits. What might they be? The Bible answers, saying: "All [humans] have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) The beast's having "a human number," therefore, indicates that governments reflect the fallen human condition, the mark of sin and imperfection.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

They say that god decides who the leaders/kings will be. I often see that used as a way of saying we should support any leaders and kings we get.

However, I think what it means is that you will by default get the leaders/kings the people deserve. Because those leaders are going to be a reflection of the people.

For example, take a people who are moral, educated, understand freedom and don't fall for double talk and such. These people would never allow a corrupt government to stay into place.

Now, same situation but among a people who are morally bankrupt, feel they need to control others, and fall for catch phrases like "hope" and other hollow words. The leaders they get will likely be corrupted and such, because the people allow that.

People don't realize what they actually do, or what they are allowing many times in what they do. They give away powers and such for comfort/security, but they fail to realize they not only give away that power for good(what all things are sold on), but also the other direction. They aren't just deciding on a particular issue, what they are actually saying is there should be an earthly authority to enforce these things.

Thus, what they do is sin by judging others and putting themselves above others(generally through another, aka politican etc).

Same with wars and other things. Look at the way people just dropped all moral focus when war comes up.

And so the people get the leaders they deserve. If the US consisted of only people like Jesus etc, then no way such things would have worked like they did.

Lets say we made it so Christianity was the offical religion. Some people might say - oh thats great. But they have to look beyond that. What you are actually saying is that it is ok for others to decide your religion. Sure, you'll go along with it because it appears you are getting what you want, but as soon as you should change your mind, or now that you have given the power to decide religion to others, you subject yourself to that same authority.

So that makes a bit of sense that governments reflect the fallen human condition. This is something I have known for awhile, but never really thought of it in terms of the mark.

In these ways, the universe automatically adjusts to give the lessons needed. When it comes to prophecy and stuff, it's really impossible to give exact future dates(thus why anyone who claims to know is lying). However, what you can predict is the general manner in which things will happen. A "falling" out will lead to certain things. A country of people who doesn't pay attention will be subject to corruption etc. These are things you can't get around.

Some things about revelation is astounding though. Specifically when it mentions the church of Philadelphia. Much much wisdom had to be present for those things, well beyond mine for sure.

I have long felt that Jesus and god/bible was in favor of separation of church and state. Abraham for example had to leave the city/government to be free to worship. Jesus refused to become a political king for Satan and so forth.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I was watching some program on the conspiracy channel* the other day.... it was hinting at the number 666 being missrepresented by the church, to the public. And the number 666 is actually a sign of good, not evil. They had a load of churches and points in Norway (think it was Norway, somewhere round there anway), which accross the country, formed a pentagram, and the curcumfrance of it was bang on 666 miles.

the number 666 is also connected to my DJ name "XES" as this is 666 in ancient greek numerals. (used to play gabba, which was said to be devil worshipping music by a big music mag)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
No it's not a coincidence it's this man HE IS THE BEAST!!! No one knows about this, except maybe those who know how to calculate letters to numbers using gematria.

www.share-international.org

He is NOT the returned christ, but the anti-christ. Makes sense he'd have these kind of powers right?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The number 666 is used by God to speak to me. That is what it means to me.

The whole mark of the beast is out of hand. What is the beast? Some believe 666 was a reference to Nero. Please consider when it was written.

There is no anti-Christ and no coming af an anti-Christ. The world is full of anti-Christs now. Anyone that isn't Christian is an anti-Christ (according to the definition). Non-Christians out-number Christians and that scares the crap out of Christian leaders. Why is that?

Hi Christians!

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
what 666 means to me

6 electrons
6 protons
6 neutrons

*eternal life made possible by temporal death and decay*

the miracle of perpetual renewal in a carbon-based biologic system cycling within a diverse environment

from Knowledge of Reality Magazine:

All people, objects and even energy itself are expressions of the same divinity that so many religions, cultures and philosophies have tried to claim exclusively as their own.

The Carbon atom, by containing within it these universal symbols, demonstrates that matter is a manifestation of the same Divine consciousness experienced by the saints and sages of all history. Matter is innately spiritual.

The Universe does not exist separately from the Universal Consciousness; it is a direct expression of it.

Living matter, which is carbon based, must have a unique role in this expression. A saint is one who lives in eternal experience of this all pervading divine purpose.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Add up these Latin numerals:

I 1
V 5
L 50
C 100
D 500

Or this, the Pope's motto:

V = 5