It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who orgzanized those anti-war rallies anyway?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Both ANSWER and the International Action Center are closely allied with a small but energetic Marxist-Leninist organization known as the Workers World Party, which in its turbulent history has supported the Soviet interventions in Hungary and Czechoslovakia, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, and the Chinese government's crackdown in Tiananmen Square.

www.nationalreview.com...

[Edited on 3-2-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The liberal news media didn't want to mention these FACTS for fear of a backlash by Americans on the fence with this war. The anti-war movement can do no wrong in this country according to the liberal media.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
MT69 aside, these "peace protestors" often come across as more violent than their conservative counterparts.

I recently stumbled across a small group with their folding table on East 86th Street (upper east side Manhattan popular area... all locals, few tourists). I and my sons (17 + 19) were screamed at and called "baby killers" simply because we didn't want to listen to their crap. The though being that, if we don't outright resist Iraq aggression, we will be baby killers by association.

This group reminds me a lot of the anarchists who were in town to protest the World Bank a few months ago. It's amazing how violent hippies can be.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
William - Yes, "peaceniks" typically are hypocrites. These are the same clowns that destroyed the downtown area of Seattle and attacked the police in a riot years ago during a World Trade conference protest there.

Here in Colorado, there was a "peace" protest at CU-Boulder (a liberal school) last week. The "peaceniks" ended up storming some University building after they were told to keep their chants down in order to avoiding disturbing the mission of the school...college classes in session. When the police came to arrest them for breaking the law, the police were attacked with maice spray. At the same time this stupidity was taking place, protestors for removing Saddam were peacefully holding signs and obeying the rules of the organized event.

A friend of mine went through AFROTC at Cal-Berkeley. He said it wasn't unusual to get stuff thrown at him while walking across campus in uniform.

I went through AFROTC at another liberal school, UNC-Chapel Hill, one of my Air Force professors was called a baby-killer just after Desert Storm as he walked across campus in his uniform. He actually worked in medicine for the Air Force before teaching a few years at my college....but of course that made him a baby-killer somehow.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
MT69 aside, these "peace protestors" often come across as more violent than their conservative counterparts.

I recently stumbled across a small group with their folding table on East 86th Street (upper east side Manhattan popular area... all locals, few tourists). I and my sons (17 + 19) were screamed at and called "baby killers" simply because we didn't want to listen to their crap. The though being that, if we don't outright resist Iraq aggression, we will be baby killers by association.

This group reminds me a lot of the anarchists who were in town to protest the World Bank a few months ago. It's amazing how violent hippies can be.

What type of group was it? An anti-abortion or a anti-war?

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
He he he... good question...

Anti-War.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Great link Nyeff posted at subversive element's forum:

www.scrappleface.com...

"Anti-anti-war demonstrators"

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Anti-War protesters support....

Saddam's invasion of Kuwait.
Saddam's SCUD attacks on Israel.
Saddam's SCUD attacks on Saudi Arabia.
Saddam's use of WMDs on the Kurds.
Saddam's dictatorship over the Iraqi people.
Saddam spending Iraq's GDP on himself.
Saddam's support of homicide bombers on Jews.
Saddam's support of Al Qai'da.
Saddam making himself a deity on Earth.
Saddam following Hilter and others like him.
Saddam silencing/killing any protesters in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Anti-war protestors support:

Negotiations instead of Nukes.

I have yet to see any REAL proof (like a stack of live missles plus launch system) that Saddam's got WMD.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Actually byrd they just found more launch vehicles in Iraq, the inspection team hasn't released their report but Iraq spoke up saying, "They're just old rockets, useless"...yeah...the fact we're finding their bird droppings shows that they have a lot of birds hidden somewhere.

Which hopefully Collin Powell will release the proper information we are all hoping for (predator drone pictures of weapons movements), and not some speculative "This could be a missle, or a speck, we really aren't sure."

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Sorry, old bean, but Powell isn't offering any "smoking gun.":

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Secretary of State Colin Powell said Monday that he will present "no smoking gun" when he addresses the U.N. Security Council this week but will show that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is not complying with a U.N. resolution to disarm.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yes let's protest protesting, let's picket picketers!!!
Why stay home and go to work, when can just run around holding signs...
hehe

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
and pro war protesters support....
hitler.

yeah right, efforts to polarise this situation into left verses rtight by inbred neanderthals like MT simply aren't going to work.

basically there are two groups of idiots in this argument.

The first group claim that the left wingers are idiots and morons.
the second group claim that right wingers are idiots and morons.

the rest of us, who think there is probably more to it than some black and white fight or flee bull crap just sit here in the middle shaking our heads and hoping that one day both groups will grow the hell up.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Lupe - You would really look like a joke if we were compared face to face. You being from a podunk college in England with your nothing job compared to me being from a TOP US college with my job that actually makes a difference for the WORLD.

You being able to talk smack at me on this board gives you a false feeling that you're my equal, important. Sorry, but you're nothing but a mental midget able to take your stupidity around the world via the internet. Years ago before the internet you would've been called the village idiot, but now your're an international idiot.

[Edited on 4-2-2003 by MT69]

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   
"gives you a false feeling that you're my equal, important"

did that make anyone else laugh or just me?
Oh GOD! and he edited it as well! thats just funny.

join