It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SXWC) The End of Day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Note: As a mod in this forum my story is not eligible to win. I wrote it and placed it here only in the hope of inspiring my fellow writers. wupy.

The End of Day.

Thoughts swirled in and out as the alignment approached, the end of the day was near and all that was left were a few small tasks. Memories came to mind and it felt good to dwell on them for just a short while.

The beginning was a favorite, when all was in mayhem and the only thing that truly existed was infinite possibility. Slowly, like the true artist, the masterpiece was molded into the inspiration and dream of anyone seeking the beauty of their own soul. The noise was thunderous, but with out form, for what words could truly express the majesty of birth?

Shape and form slowly came into being as chaos gave way to design. Touches of beauty here, a swirl of wonders there, and everywhere the promise of things miraculous. This was only the beginning.

Across the canvas of existence came possibilities with each new stroke of the masters brush, This shade of light, that hue of color and the depth and richness that flows inevitably into a work imbued with love.

The master who had brought such a creation into being understood that every true work of art is alive, it sings it’s own song and creates it’s own prayers as to where it should go and where it has been. It cries out, often in agony, of where it is. Just as the master will lead the creation, the artist inside will listen and allow.

Life, once created, will always reach out for it’s own purpose and meaning. It will dance with the artist to the celestial music that courses from the master’s hands and it’s own heart. Together they will explore the wonder of one another in the exquisite moment that is. They taste the divine, together, in the joy of each other’s company.

And so the moment comes when the artist must turn his attention to the details.

Here in this quiet little area the details shall stand out, on this little spot of all creation the artist brings forth true diversity. With wondrous hills, oceans of water and an abundance of life that not only explores the mind of the artist, but the mind of itself. It is here that the master and the artist will find the answers they have been seeking.

Lessons are always learned in any creation, be they the lessons of the creator or the created. What joy would there be in existing if there were no edge to walk upon, risk to take or moment of wonder in understanding? Such gifts are not reserved for only the created, for then there would be no sheer joy in the creation itself, no magic in the discovery of the undiscovered.

This is why there must be new creations, new works of art to stimulate the artist and explore the limits, if there are any, of what can possibly be.

The master had completed his latest work of art and knew it was time to move on. He would bring the life with him to whatever his new creation would be, for every artist considers his work to be one of his children. Leaning forward he signed the piece 12/21/2012.

It was the end of the day and he was tired. Climbing into his bed he sank deep into the covers, pulled his pillows close and clapped twice. A billion suns across his latest creation went dark.

As he drifted off to sleep he dreamed of creations he and his children would bring forth at the dawn.

The possibilities were endless.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Very haunting, and beautifully written.

What joy would there be in existing if there were no edge to walk upon, risk to take or moment of wonder in understanding? Such gifts are not reserved for only the created, for then there would be no sheer joy in the creation itself, no magic in the discovery of the undiscovered.

If that is really true (and it seems to be), that explains quite a bit about the meaning of life, in one short paragraph.

It also provides a lot of comfort when contemplating our inevitable end, on 2012, before that, or after that, whatever the case may be. Thanks for that!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thank you for the kind words my friend. I do appreciate them.

wupy

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

This is why there must be new creations, new works of art to stimulate the artist and explore the limits, if there are any, of what can possibly be.

Beautiful.

I feel warm and fuzzy now!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So it's a "clap off" universe. God only knows, you may have hit the nail on the head! Maybe the Big Bang was just a "clap on".

I absolutely loved it!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thank you for the encouragement. Some day I may even become a writer.

Now, I'm not eligible for this contest so I hope to see stories from each of you in the contest.

500 words. How difficult can that be?

Love and light my friends,

wupy

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is a piece of art that you should be very proud of. A stroke of your genius my friend, a beautiful gift that you have brought down from the heavens to share with us.

A delightful heart filled with love.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thank you for the kind words my friend. I missed you at the UFO convention this year. You didn't miss anything though, it was actually quite dull.

I see you now have a story up. Kewl, I'm off to read it now.

Love and light,

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

*applauds*

I read "The Final Warning by Flatwoods and thought it brilliant so came in search of other entries....I have been working my way through them and while I am totally impressed by the writing skills and thought provoking ideas in all the stories, I was feeling a little flat. A bit gloomy....and then I read your little burst of happiness and light! Many Thanks...I feel somehow uplifted!

Kudos to you

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thank you for the kind words. I hope to see a story of yours in the contest. It's only 500 words, how tough can that be?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Beautiful story!
I very much like the power of God being shown in such a beautiful, loving kind and artistic way, absolutely incredible

God is more than logic alone, I am certain of that.
Great work, it's a real shame that you can't enter the story in the comp, I really really enjoyed this one

Thanks also for the kind feedback on my story, Crossroads

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I deeply admire your use of vivid details and imagery, as well as your overall concept. A teacher of mine once said, "Write what you know," but I've always disagreed with that statement. I say "Write what you love ," and it appears to me that writing about art is your speciality. Thank you very much for the wonderful story.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Flatwoods]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thank you my friends, it's always great to get feedback from ones peers.

This contest is turning out to be a good one and I'm glad to be a part of it.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

WOW! You certainly inspired me mrwupy.

You write beautifully.

Thank-you for sharing it with us.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Thank you my friend. As a writer I always enjoy getting feedback from those who have taken the time to look over my effort.

wupy

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Terrible grammar! You missed out the "k" in 'knew'

The master had completed his latest work of art and knew it was time to move on.

Joking aside, you have a beautiful style of writing mrwupy, a true gift. A very eloquent executive summary of life's business plan.

Please harness your talent, so you can add your threads of creation to the very fabric of society, that lie within this life...or next.

Well done Sir

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
Terrible grammar! You missed out the "k" in 'knew'

The master had completed his latest work of art and knew it was time to move on.

Thank you for the heads up on that. If I ever need an editor I'll give you a holler

I appreciate the kind words as well. Thank you,

wupy

[edit on 3-5-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh, Lordy, how to reply to this gem.

I've long believed that the strongest connection between the Creator and we corporeal humans is ultimately just the desire to be 'creative'.

There is no such person in the world today who has not felt the urge to do something creative, be it a sandcastle on a beach at low tide or a statue carved painfully from the hardest stone on the planet. It doesn't matter if it's fleeting or permanent, seen by millions or the artist alone, simple or complex, made by a child's hand or a master, what matters is the creation itself.

It's what we are born to do andcreativity manifests itself a thousand times in every day of our lives. The Creator of the universe, imho, has created a multitude of little creators. Perhaps the biblical term "In His image" refers to that human trait.

As a painter, I can say with conviction that a 'painting paints itself'. From the moment the first mark is made on a canvas, all further actions spin themselves from that point outwards and a journey full of twists and turns, blind alleys and pitfalls begins. There is no ending until the artist signs the work and enters the date. It's a moment of perceived finality. A judgement that no more could be added without ruining the painting is made, the date added and the painting added to the stack of other 'finished work'.

The analogy of an artist and a painting to the Creator and the universe is perfect.

top topics

join