It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'has launched rocket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The following is from:

Worldview

BBC NEWS

North Korea appears to have launched a rocket, despite international appeals not to go ahead.

Officials from Japan, South Korea and the US confirmed lift-off at 0230 GMT. The rocket appeared to have passed over Japan to the Pacific, Tokyo said.

North Korea says it is sending a satellite into orbit, but its neighbours suspect the launch could be a cover for a long-range missile test.

They say it violates UN resolutions and have warned of consequences.

"A short time ago a flying object appeared to have been launched from North Korea," the Japanese government statement said.

The US State Department and South Korea's presidential office also confirmed a launch.

Japan did not try to intercept it, as it had indicated that it would if its territory was threatened, it said in a statement.

The US called the launch "provocative" and the Japanese government described it as "regrettable"

For more information: Rocket

The big question now, what next?

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Thank you for your compliance and understanding.

[edit on 4/4/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It appears someone has posted this story in the Breaking News section. I did a search before I posted the above article and did not find any articles, so I went ahead with my post.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Thank you,

I always state that the following is from, and then provide the links:

I have not used the Content From External Source function before. The next time I post I will try that.

Thanks again.

join