It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We all go to hell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Ok but what if you're a good person who has never heard of jesus or christainity, you're saying only believers that jesus was gods sons go to heaven? sounds a #e deal

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Most people believe the lies of the Church these days due to self-interest. Jesus himself predicted there would be a mass falling away from the teaching of God's Kingdom, and even sent a message to the future churches in Revelation (to reveal, as in God's will for the end of time in this case.) Only the church of Philadelphia of the sixth era of Churches will be the "true" bride. A remnant among other denominations will also have been favored. Everyone else is considered lukewarm by Jesus so he will "vomit them out of His mouth." Churches teach you that if you simply repent for your sins, and then don't follow through with confessions and forgiveness MULTIPLE times then you will be saved. Only Yahweh should be confessed to as only He knows thoughts and minds. He DOES have the power to forgive, He INVENTED forgiveness. I think people can't accept it because they're afraid of the idea of a Supreme Being. We'll he's Supreme even if you don't acknowledge Him, so there's some news. Also, you go to Hell AFTER the Day of Judgment, or you go to Paradise (New Garden of Eden on a new Earth in a new space-time) if you accepted the Son and follow His words WHOLE-heartedly. He doesn't want a half-hearted friend. Before Judgment, the dead are resting until they are raised again. The lake of fire is the "second death" and the one we should fear.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by lastxdance]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aztec Riddle
Ok but what if you're a good person who has never heard of jesus or christainity, you're saying only believers that jesus was gods sons go to heaven? sounds a #e deal

Well were you asking me? Well since nobody else answered. The answer is I dunno. Depends on your personal beliefs I guess. Nobody really knows.

Some people believe you'll be given a chance to accept Jesus after you die. Depends on what you believe. Here's what I believe.

James 3:
Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.
(Here you'll be judged more strictly if you know God's word. If not any punishment will be lighter for you.)

Romans 2:14
for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them.
(If you don't know God's word you'll still be judged according to your own conscious as bearing witness and everyone believes in right and wrong even if they've never heard about Jesus.

Luke 12:47-48
That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows.
(If you don't know the word you'll be punished less, but if you do something deserving of punishment you're still gonna get some punishment.)

So basically if you've never heard of Jesus your punishment is less, but you'll still be judged according to your own moral standards. That might not help you much. After all, are you saying you've never done anything that you thought was wrong? I think it's wrong to steal, but I won't lie. When I was a kid I stole stuff a time or two. Heck sometimes I think about stealing my neighbors corvette just for fun now and I'm full grown lol.

See, that's a human for you. Even when we write our own moral standards and laws we get it wrong. We're perfectly hopeless of being perfect even according to our own moral standards. That's why there's the Jesus. We also start to see why everyone is a sinner here. Sinner not really equal to evil. Sin is just a thing humans have because we always screw up. That's what sin is. It's in our nature to screw up.

I think the confusion stems from an entitlement attitude basically. It's why don't I deserve to go to Heaven? Well seriously, ask the question the other way around. What have you done that you deserve to go to Heaven? What makes you or me such hot commodities lol? Well if you answer honestly the answer is nothing. We haven't done one darn thing that we deserve to get into Heaven. Not a single thing.

Really we're supposed to die and rot in the ground forever. That's how our bodies were really designed. In the old Testament the case could be made that your reward for following God's word wasn't even eternal life. The reward was Israel having it's own nation and God promised your bloodline would get spread down through the generations. You still ended up dead though.

Eventually I guess God decided he loved us enough to send Jesus so our sins could be paid, but we never deserved that. Like I said, I can't even get inline with my own moral judgments let alone God's. I'd rather be judged on if I believed in Jesus or not then my own conscious. If I was judged by my own morals I would be a hopeless failure. I'd never get into Heaven that way lol.

But I wouldn't call it a crap deal that God gave us a second way. There's still the way of being perfectly sinless if you can manage it. The problem is I never met anyone that good. So, God offered an alternative. He made it easier for us, not harder.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

If I don't follow you're specific religion am I going to hell?

According to the Catholics ... no.

So Ghandi went to hell because he wasn't a christain?

According to the Catholics ... no.

Aztec Riddle .. you seem mighty upset. You 'ask questions' but at the same time you accuse without hearing the answers.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't follow religion. I am a Christian and follow Christ. Jesus said that those who reject Him He will reject and deny before the Father (God). So, if that means you don't get to go to heaven where do you think you'll go..? To a place where God is not, and that place is not a good place to be.

If you do not know about Jesus (everyone here does), then you will be judged for what your conscience knows is right and wrong, that is, for your works. If you know of Christ but reject Him, you will be judged by the same judgment you give to others and to God. You will also be judged by the law of God as well. The choice therefore is your's to make. Don't make it lightly...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No, i'm not all that upset, it just if a muslim and a christain both went to the same heaven, nothing would change, it'd be excactly the same situation as is now on Earth, I understand that if they're good enough to go to heaven they probably wouldn't fight, but then where do extremists who know only their word of their god go? And why do Christains spend so much time trying to convert people?
And what about george bush or any other world leader? No matter how good they are they have more then likely ordered the deaths of 1000's of people, how is this any different to a terrorist attack? And what about the crusades? they died and killed fighting for a way into heaven, would they get in? If not, wouldn't the priests who condemed them all to hell on both sides be somewhat cruel? Or if they did get in, they died killing each other, wouldn't it be a little disheartening knowing they are going to the same place as their enemies? I dunno my bad if I sounded angry I'm just used to so many religious people quoting some BS without any actual answers, and saying I just don't understand, like they do?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I am free of all religions.

There is only one truth, and it's the only truth I follow. That is the very reality that lies before me.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

why do Christains spend so much time trying to convert people?

Fundamentalist Christians seem to think it's part of their mission to convert people to their particular brand of Christianity. Many consider theirs to be the only true christianity.

Catholic Christians consider it part of being a Catholic to 'spread the good news'. Although most don't get in your face the way other Christian groups do. It's in the bible that Christians are supposed to bring Christ to people.

TECHNICALLY no Christian is supposed to condemn another human being as being in Hell or as going to Hell. That's God's job alone. We the living have no idea who is really in Hell or who is going.

As for your questions about the Crucades ... that was 500 years ago and I don't think you'll find the Catholic Church is anything like that in terms of conversion of people. And the Crucades was a mix of politics and religion - not pure religion.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Everybody who is devout about their religion thinks all other religions are junk. So, is everybody right or is everybody wrong?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join