It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 childred found slain in Washington State, police say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

5 childred found slain in Washington State, police say

www.cnn.com

Five children were found shot to death in a home near Tacoma, Washington, Saturday afternoon, police said.

Authorities believe the children, ages 6 to 17, were killed by their father who apparently committed suicide later in nearby King County, Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer told CNN.

The children were found in a home outside the town of Orting, about 20 miles from Tacoma.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I wonder if the economy has anything to do with this slaying. It seems like more and more people are committing violent crimes against their families due to the bad economy.

It's terrible that the father felt that he had to kill these poor children before taking his own life. I've been in terrible situations before and have been on the verge of losing it all, but have never felt that it was better to kill the person I'm with instead of trying to get through things. I'll never understand what drives people to do things like this.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
People like this think like this because they do not see children (and often many others) as being HUMANS. People. They see them as extensions of themselves, and as property.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Good grief! What the heck is the matter with people? If someone wants to kill their self then more power too them( although I wish this on no one) but please, why do they have to take the children w/ them. It's a bad state of affairs.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I am going to have to disagree with you on that statement. These people are doing this as a last act of desperation. They do not want their families to "suffer" so they see the only way out of the situation is to bring it all to an end. These people committing these murder/suicides see no other way out.
It's sad really that people feel like their jobs/finances are all they have in life and without them they have nothing. I could never think of ending my life, let alone one of my family members lives over something as trivial as loosing a job or my home. I understand that some of these people have undergone some great burdens to afford the things that they have, and without their employment they would lose some of their possesions, I just don't think that is worth a life.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It seems an awful lot of child deaths and child tortures in Washington state as of late. Or maybe public interest is just having them in the media more often.

Tacoma is a ...
nevermind.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
How awful.

Are there really more of these things happening or are we just hearing about them more often?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The really weird thing about Washington, or at least Cascadia(coastal) is that most of the people I meet on a daily basis seem so cool. It's such a great place to live and the people are usually laid back. While this is true it seems that every other week (or several times a week) I hear about some new brutal murder. I can list off a whole series of just crazy brutality. It's not all in the big city either. I live in a mid-size town and we have all kinds of weird murder/crime around here. Just last week some guy bludgeoned his girl and baby to death with a massager!! AHHHHHHHH!
It's one thing after another in the U.S. these days. Is it a sign of the times? Mass media brainwashing side-effects? I have know idea...but soon they are going to take away our right to defend ourselves. I smell it on the wind. Then it'll be us vs. the guns with no backup...and after they sweep all the gun toting maniacs up it will be slashers.
F"D in the A!
Maybe not. I guess I'm just ranting.
Stay cool friends...but watch your back and go with your gut.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If you think that lack of money gives you the right to kill your family, you do not see your family as being entities onto themselves. You believe them to be property. If this is not clear to you in these people's actions, you need to see a therapist as you are either an enabler or you yourself are carrying this trait of seeing children/others as property and therefore cannot discern why this is a problem.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I think there are a few causes for "usually normal" people doing these types of things..

- Mental illnesses like manic depression.

- Drug abuse and addiction (most of them probably legal medications) and the overall conspiracy of big pharma. IMO alcohol, too, is a drug.

- Already suicidal people acting on impulse without the ability to think straight

-ChriS

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Did you even read my post? I think that your reading and comprehension skill level must be pretty close to 0. With that said re-read what I posted. I never said that I agree with what they have done. What I said was the poeple in these situations see no other way out. This does in no way mean I am an enabler. I also said that I could never bring myself to commit such an act.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
When you will not hold people responsible for their behaviour, then you are an enabler of bad behaviour.

You want to take a decision of a mentally ill person, and decide to blame it on the economy. Yes, he didn't see a different possibility. Because he didn't see that his children are people. He wanted his problems to end, and his children are HIS - they are property, and extension of himself.
So in extinguishing himself, he of course extinguished his children and punished them for causing his stress about providing for them.

I can read just fine. You've got a problem. You cannot see the real problem here.

That an external stress made is problem more visible doesn't mean that the external stress is the CAUSE.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think there will be a sharp increase in these kinds of crimes as the economic situation worsens. Likely to see all kinds of suicide killing sprees as people get more and more desperate.

Not an excuse for doing it, though, just to make myself clear.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What a terrible tragedy, My thoughts are with those who are now hurting and trying to understand this terrible event,

There dose seem to be a great increase in this type of thing, and its showing the desperation of hard times that are upon us,

I cant imagine the state of mind one has to be in to carry out such an act,
In the UK we have also just had a case where a father killed his family and pets as he was about to lose everything, He had not told the rest of his family about the money troubles he was going through, Ruined millionaire Christopher Foster set fire to his home and shot he wife and teen daughter before turning the gun on himself,

Link

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There were murder suicides long before a down economy. It is people who once again live in a system where mental health is hardly a priority. Who go undiagnosed and untreated.

If it were an act of desperation they would of gone into adoption, not killed.

It is hard to get people to get the mental health care they need. Many doctors dont' recongize it. OR family asks for help or the person asks for help, exhibit dangerous behavior, and the authorities, medical or otherwise, ignore it.

top topics

join