It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Topic Item!! This would be VERY HANDY!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Ok, I just had a VERY GOOD idea for a new Thread Topic/Forum Subject or whatever you call it. This is an idea that I've thought of from time to time and is seriously needed around here!! Basically it's a Single thread that houses the 'Official ATS Results about Common Conspiracies & Related Claims'.

What it comes down to is a thread that ties up some of the loose ends and re-occuring theories that have been researched already and have reached a Solid Conclusion. The reason I bring this up is because it is all too common for me to come across a post dealing with 'whatever' subject where someone uses some form of Evidence, and that Evidence or Entire Topic has already been discussed and researched to it's end already.

I imagine it being a reference guide where members can quickly verify whether or not the info they are about to post has resulted a 'Valid' or 'Non-Valid' conclusion already. Or that perhaps the entire subject matter itself has been completely 'Debunked'. Unlike other catagories however, this thread will show results only and won't come with the option of posting anything new. It's simply a 'Analysis Results Thread'.

For example:
A Main Catagory Heading: '911 Conspiracies'
Overall Results: 'Unknown'
Subcatagory: 'Alleged Terrorists Hijacked Planes'
Results:'False'
Support Data: (Links to ATS threads that talk about the Terrorists that were found alive afterwards. Threads about the planes being controlled by Remote. Threads that talk about the Passport with Photo of the 'Supposed' Terrorist On-Board which was found in the wreckage. ETC...)

EDIT: Or an even better example would the the 'Moon Landing - Fake' Topic which comes up over and over and over again!!!

The above is just an example of course. I'm just trying to give you an idea of what I mean.

Now, if some new data surfaces that actually challenges a Solid Conclusion, then that topic would then be 'Held Pending New Evidence', although that would be Very Rare since this would be for topics which have Resulted, except for an amazing breakthrough or miracle, a Final Result.

Does that make sense??

Any comments??

Additional Advice in how this may be possible??

Your opinions on why this is simply Wishful Thinking on the part of mOjOm and how I'd be better off wishing to wake up as the New Member of The Justice League and Possess Super Powers???

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by mOjOm]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
That is a brilliant idea! I too agree with this theory. Personally, I feel this would increase the effectiveness of the forum, not only by identifying bogus claims which have come up over and over again, but also by deterring others, who may not know that the topic has been posted before and debunked, from posting a similar topic.

This also would eliminate all of those posts referring people to other threads, of which the same topic has been discussed.

Very good idea, indeed. I am all for it. Anyone else?

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea to me,

And yes would possible stop re postings of the same threads over and over..

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
oh yes, please plaease.. this would be a nice addition.

Good job !

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
-->
ON
MOJOM

That's a fabulous Idea. I'm all for it.

You da man!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Would you be willing to be the person who maintains such a beastly thread? (see as it's your idea and all)

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Would you be willing to be the person who maintains such a beastly thread?

(see as it's your idea and all)

That's fine with me.

I'll need some help of course from the Staff here at ATS to aid me in establishing which topics, and/or subtopics, have been 'Officially Concluded' with a large degree of Certainty.

Oh, ya, and whoever makes the thread would need to fill me in on the Function of it.

In fact, if it's ok with you. I'll take the position of Manager and Organizer for it, but with perhaps a couple additional helpers to assist in the organization?? I'm sure Jezebel will help me, and I might find someone else who wants to help as well, and is a trustworthy and responsible member.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I like the idea and would be willing to give you a hand on it (in my OH-so-copious spare time!)

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yes, we need something like this...

We Deny Ignorance, but we can't prove it as yet. There needs to be some way that we can display the results we've produced. And I'm certain that we have produced results, and we know that, but what about the rest of the world?

Get the word out....

DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I like the idea and would be willing to give you a hand on it (in my OH-so-copious spare time!)

Sounds Great Byrd! As of yet, this idea is far from signing on a 'Crew' however. Also, you 'Spare Time' I'm sure would be plenty. I don't mind doing a good part of the 'Grunt' work myself which will take the larger part of 'Time'. I would greatly appreciate your knowledge as a Mod. and Long standing Member in forming a list of 'Conclusions' to begin with though!!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Here's the basic idea... just a concept now, might evolve as we hash it out... mOjOm would have the authority to create new threads with the DENIED: subject line prefix that would appear in a new "Ingornance Denied" section of ATSNN. These threads would appear in ATSNN and the "Website Related Discussion" forums. After there are 10 or more threads, I'd create a new section for the home page similar to the top 100 sections. ideas?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have an idea of the first threads that could go in this new category..

ANY THREAD STARTED BY MEPATRIOT !!!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
mOjOm, I would like to volunteer for an administrative position assisting you in your efforts concerning the application of this new thread. I would really enjoy doing this. Please let me know if I am accepted for the job. Thanks.

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Here's the basic idea... just a concept now, might evolve as we hash it out...

mOjOm would have the authority to create new threads with the DENIED: subject line prefix that would appear in a new "Ingornance Denied" section of ATSNN. These threads would appear in ATSNN and the "Website Related Discussion" forums.

After there are 10 or more threads, I'd create a new section for the home page similar to the top 100 sections.

ideas?

Good idea. In addition to this, another maybe related idea, that we assemble local ATS 'crews', whose purpose would be to observe and report things related to the denials that were witnessed first hand. In addition to drinking coffee, beer, or what have you and BSing about whatever...

DC

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Too many "crews" would cause confusion, Delta. Keep that in mind. One for each forum would be sufficient.

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Too many "crews" would cause confusion, Delta. Keep that in mind. One for each forum would be sufficient.

Mr. M

Nope, the Utah crew is being assembled as we type. Our first order of business: Coffee.

DC

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The Utah crew?

Uhh...Ok.

What are you talking about?

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Here's the basic idea... just a concept now, might evolve as we hash it out...

mOjOm would have the authority to create new threads with the DENIED: subject line prefix that would appear in a new "Ignorance Denied" section of ATSNN. These threads would appear in ATSNN and the "Website Related Discussion" forums.

After there are 10 or more threads, I'd create a new section for the home page similar to the top 100 sections.

ideas?

I like the 'DENIED' part!! It sparks a mental image of a Heavy Stamp coming down with a 'BLAM' (in official Batman & Robin TV Show type theme), leaving 'DENIED' in Thick Bold Red Ink with that Eroded Looking Font surrounded by Thick Square Border!! It has that, 'The Price is WRONG!!! B!TCH!!!' Kinda feel to it ya know?!?!

anyway.........

Thinking of it from a standpoint of 'Ease in Organization', I figured on following the basic layout of what is already in motion. Example: Think in terms of an 'Tree' style view or something similar maybe.
~Forum List: Current Events, Conspiracy, Science, etc...
~Subcategory for each Heading Above: Mars Rover, RFID Chips, etc...
~Then Subcategories of Subcategories or whatever.

Most importantly though, is that it's ONLY ABOUT THOSE TOPICS (OR EVIDENCE WITH SAID TOPICS) THAT HAS [U]ALREADY BEEN RESEARCHED TO CONCLUSION.[/U]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
The Utah crew?

Uhh...Ok.

What are you talking about?

Mr. M

Should be obvious. Those of us in Utah are going to get some coffee. At which point I will suggest a trip to a low peak that overlooks Dugway Proving Ground, part of Tooele Army Depot, and the Dugway chemical weapons incinerator. Should be fun.

DC

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Right on... Bring back pics.

See you later in Chat if you return.

Mr. M

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join