It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Parallel Universes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I realize that for some or most this might not be the most interesting of topics,even here on ATS.But as a connoisseur of theoretical physics and a believer in extraordinary things(ets,ufos,extra dimensions,time travel,etc..) I found this extremely interesting and great.I learned all this information from a recent episode of the History Channels:The Universe.Apparently physicist are extremely close to proving the existence of parallel universes,especially now that we are exploring "pre-Big Bang physics" and extra-universal physics.Parallel universes or realities are broken down into four types or levels,all interesting and mind twisting.I will start with the "level one universe".

Level One Universe

These exist in our own space-time and are simply an extension of our own infinite universe.This is based on the "Inflationary Theory",which states the Universe is constantly expanding on an infinite scale.Mathematical odds dictate that since the Universe is infinite in size then there MUST be infinite versions or copies of everything from particles,to planets,to stars.So yes that means infinite versions of Earth,you,and me.Obviously in each version our lives will be slightly or drastically different(if we live at all).The only thing separating us from 'them' is great distances,distances so far light from the closest one hasn't reached us yet,and won't for an insane amount of time(over the age of the Universe today at the least).For the Universe to be infinite it has to be flat and recent test show it is,although it could be curved just so ever slightly our test can not determine the curve(I think the Universe is curved and spherical).An example of just how far the closest "spatial parallel Earth may be is at least Googleplex yards away,that is 1 with 200 zeros!*

Level Two Universe

My favorite and most likely according to theories and data.In a level two universe our universe is simply one of a "Multi-verse",one of many "soap bubble shaped universes of infinite size".These float around in a exo-universal medium referred to by physicist as "Hyperspace"(cool I know) or "The Bulk".Within this Hyperspace bubbles(universes) interact,are created,destroyed,and spawn others out of themselves.Now here is the tricky part-within these level two universes there is an infinite number of level one universes!These bubbles form in Hyperspace in the form of "budding of like a fractal tree of spatial expansion of hyperspace and other universes(level two).The term physicist give to this creation process is "Bubble Nucleation".Renowned theoretical physicist Michio Kaku(who I believe recently was on ATS,and possibly active as a member)is the headliner for this theory,along with other well respected scientist.I also believe this theory to be correct.

Level Three Universe

Formed from the strange world and equations of "M Theory" this one does not disappoint.Based on "M-Theory,which is an evolved "String Theory" "M" means membrane and states the Universe exists in 11(count um') dimensions and is "tethered: to a "super membrane" of energetic matter by 6 or 7 extra,microscopic dimensions(curled up with in one dimensional strings[I know]).Our universe as well as others can be attached to a membrane or a membrane can occupy the whole of a universe.These membranes and universes float around in Hyperspace as well in M-Theory.Universes are formed by colliding membranes,which can be as close as a few millimeters apart.That is formation of universes,not parallel universes.In this theory parallel universes are formed by Quantum Probability,meaning that for every possible outcome of a situation a alternate universe is formed(you can see how this would become near infinite).These exist in our same space,but in different dimensions of existence.

Level Four Universe

Perhaps the strangest of all these are created by quantum flux or "brains clashing",so really they could be either parallel or original.The crazy part is that they could have a totally different set of mathematics and physics,in fact in some life may take forms inconceivable to us.Some universes may only support gas,no solid,or liquid.Or one of these could have totally different states of matter.Keep in mind "quantum flux" and "quantum probability" are one in the same they just refer to the many possible fluctuations or states particles can take.Quantum probability is just the mathematical interpretation of quantum flux.

In conclusion I feel that this advancement in physics is and will be beneficial to us all in understanding the grand complexity of our reality.One day it may even help us create FTL drives(if they don't already exist),time travel,matter changers,and a way to survive the ultimate end of our universe billions of years from now.At the least it is somewhat entertaining.Feel free to ask any questions or look for yourselves.

Here is part one of the youtube video of the show.It explains what I said but with animations and interviews.

For information on some material in this thread I would recommend [Wikipedia as it is a easy and simple way to learn more about some of the theories and terminology in this thread.

* OP requested corrections:
"A googol Plex is a 1 with a GOOGOL ZEROS behind it, best represented by the exponent 10^10^100. "

[edit on Sat Jun 13 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I like level 5 myself...

For every question of why there must be another universe, i think im in my opion..

base question in life is why, and that warrents someone telling you!!

its like the question why is the very thing that created the universe! and keeps it going and also creates life itself in doing so

in a paralle universe we would know be the one telling the answer
!!

basicly i dont think its possible to find out the why!!

If the i could best describe the universe it would be a tree and the tree would be the question and every leaf on the tree is a universe and every branch would be a paralle dimension!

make sens? but then again could be wrong "probibly am" lol
good to boggle about tho

S+F

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
LOL,yea a lot of theoretical physics boarders heavily on Metaphysics.I constantly find myself like you,twisted in questions and reason.I've added you as a friend by the way.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
No comments?

I guess this is one of those things you may just read and may not be a 'comment oriented thread".I hope you enjoy it anyways.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Anxious to see the LHC up and running again. I'm also fascinated by the possibilities. (My first post on ATS was in a thread mentioning Charlie Jade tech
). Very nice thread!

edit: If you're free during the day on Monday, April 6th you may want to check out the webcast for the Origins Symposium at ASU. Speakers include Brian Greene, Stephen Hawking, Lawrence Krauss and more! I started a thread in Science & Technology but so far no takers (granted it's not a conspiracy
)

www.origins.asu.edu...

[edit on 4-4-2009 by elfie]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Okay,thanks I will try and catch it.I have added you as a friend by the way.I will check out your thread as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Like I told a physics class I was teaching, E=MC2 is wrong. The constant (C)(speed of light) is not a constant.

Quick question, what is the speed of light at the event horizon of a black hole?

Lke this post, need more like it.

Another question, what does dark matter play in parallel universes?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So i always thought there were parallel universes going on at the same time as ours. Actually what i thought is that every past and future has a universe of its own. I actually had my own theory of this long before i saw this video. I came to this conclusion by thinking of psychics. Think about it. How would some one be able to see into the future if it hasnt happened yet? Though, if it happened, then someone would be able to see it.

Now another thought i had was that we actually are able to see some of these parallel universes. Think about this, our thoughts are actually visions into one or several of these universes. When we think of what could have, or should have happened, actually happens in another universe. If something shouldnt have happened and you visualize it then you are seeing as to what is happening in the other universe. In all these parallel universes you are the same and making different decisions, and in others you are not the same. For example, maybe you see yours self truly successful here, but in some other universe if you were to picture yourself not successful you are seeing yourself in that universe.

I dont kow if anyone actually follows my rambling. I hope this makes sense and comes across the right way.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alphadog

Specifically you're talking about time. In the fourth dimension there is no "linear" rule that it has to actually go in just one direction.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
From what I understand of what you said that would be a level 3 parallel universe,one based on quantum flux.Now how and in what form these parallel realities manifest is still a mystery.There are several theories about "fleeting thoughts"instantly becoming a parallel universe.Also the theory of relativity is a toughie,it does not agree with quantum theory,I too believe that there are some kinks to work out.For one it is known that in the quantum world particles communicate and react faster than light-violating Einsteins causality.Some speculate(myself included)that the quantum world may infact be part of some "sub spatial dimension" in itself,some call it the "Spacetime Foam".

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Alphadog

Recently on ATS, the subject of magic has been receiving a good deal of attention. My idea is that if people have really found success with it, and by this I do not mean a delusion but a genuine manifestation of intent, magic should be seen as a natural, personal, innate force within everyone that can be identified and manipulated rather than anything supernatural. I've actually honed in on a similar idea to the one you've just described, though with a tie-in to the age-old concept of magic. The idea I have is that there may be many universes with alternate yous, each with their own realities, their own successes and failures, and that perhaps by use of your own natural will and power, you can draw in or manifest whichever particular "you" you desire; this might be what people are experiencing when (if) they manifest things through intent. It's far-fetched, but it's interesting to consider.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It can go in either direction. Think of it this way, you think of the past right? while your thinking of it, it is happening again in that reality. then future, You see a picture of something that you want to happen, it is happening at that moment in a seperate universe.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The metaphysical aspect of this type of advanced physics is astounding.To often(really all the time)physicist come up with these crazy,yet true ideas and observations of reality while never bothering to go into detail explaining it,saying "it just is" and leave the rest to the so called non-science realm of metaphysics.IMO we need a new branch of physics(all science really),one that deals with the empirical and the metaphysical.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Interesting post and i appreciate the time you took to write that out. However something is bugging me, I myself being catholic and believe in the bible and god etc only believe that there is only ONE UNIVERSE and ONE of us. Whats bugging me is.. if there is life after death, and IF there is parallel universes, that would mean that if we died, we would get to meet our parallel self's? am i right? or am i wrong? and if that's the case then how can there be more then one of our "souls" . Would that mean our memory's off all the infinite lives we have lived would join? and we would become one with all of our "old selves" in the parallel lives we have lived? haha.
Remember this is only if there is such a thing as life after death... and i know that these are thoerys we are talking about.. so i I hope you understand what im getting at! Can someone give some input?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alphadog

It can go in either direction. Think of it this way, you think of the past right? while your thinking of it, it is happening again in that reality. then future, You see a picture of something that you want to happen, it is happening at that moment in a seperate universe.

Utilizing the quatum light box theory, both (or 'all') can happen at once.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Do you mean, for lack of a better example( im not trying to be funny), say the old pulling the rabbit out of the hat trick. Instead of actually hiding the rabbit, the magician would actually pull it from another dimension?

Im just curious, im not trying to be sarcastic or funny. Sorry if its coming across that way.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
perception is a variable. time is a variable. any constant must have an anchor to define anything else.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Right, so these dimensions we would be able to see them as thoughts.

This may also in theory explain deja vu maybe?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alphadog
reply to post by paperplanes

Do you mean, for lack of a better example( im not trying to be funny), say the old pulling the rabbit out of the hat trick. Instead of actually hiding the rabbit, the magician would actually pull it from another dimension?

Im just curious, im not trying to be sarcastic or funny. Sorry if its coming across that way.

The rabbit could also 'begin' existance the moment you pull it out of the hat. Time is just a reference based on our limited perception of 'it'. What if the rabbit would not never exist if you never pulled it out of the hat to begin with?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Wouldnt the "rabbit" have to exist on some plain at some point?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join