It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidencies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
For the last 12 months or so, I have been experiencing lots of strange coincidencies. If this had happened to me once or twice I would not think anything of it but this is a weekly occurance and is truly bizzarre, I will explain....

I will get an idea in my head out of nowhere for example, I will think of a film I havent seen for years, it will just pop into my head then hey presto it will appear on one of the satellite channels in a day or too, this has worked with even the most obscure films.

Another example is I was talking to my girlfriend about a Dire Straights song "Romeo and Juliet" I was talking to her about it over my mobile phone, I walked around a corner in a busy street and suddenly a street musician stated playing it...

Things like this are happening to me on a more frequent basis all the time and I would like to hear from people who are experiencing the same sort of thing, is there a name for this sort of thing? Any help would be appreciated...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Turbohale

Well, I dont think your alone. It happens to me as well just the same way you describe. Also, I'll tell my husband who is going to call before the phone rings. I have no clue what it means but it's pretty neat. Good luck in finding out.Take care!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I found this site because of these very things. However, certain things have become apparent to me very recently, but at the same time I have always known them.

I dunno what I am trying to say here. I have tried to make sense of some things but I always come to the same conclusion.

I can compare it to the over whelming need to go with the gut instinct like in Close Encounters Film, not the Alien part of it, just the *i just know* bit....

I cannot risk talking about it because I fear being ridiculed or branded a loony.
All I will do on ATS is post subtle questions during my stay here and try to gleen answers that way.

I am of sound mind, decently paid in a high tech role and have never had this burning desire to "............" (sorry I just cant speak about it). So this is kind of unexpected, but I cant hide it anymore.

I dunno, just ignore me, but I get the feeling

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ohhh, your Neo, but you dont know it !

I have had wierd stuff happening too, espec. when I think of what I want to search for on google, and I tend to find almost exactly what I am thinking I want to search.. Not 100% of the time, but close..

And last week, I was driving my car and all of the sudden, I got this horrible feeling of being in freefall, and even wors, it felt like my car and I was in freefall. I was 'this' close to stop the car on the highway cos it felt so goddarn real.. I lasted bout 20secs and it went away .
have no clue what it was !!! There are also minor things that is happening, I can think of something and it happends almost like that.

Any ideas ????

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I also have noticed that. For example, I think about a certain Simpson episode that I saw years ago, then later that night, that episode will air. Or thinking about a specific song, then hear it 5 or 10 minutes later coming on the radio. The strangest is last week, I was half asleep on the couch and asked my wife what her mother wanted when she called. She said that she had not called, and then the phone rang and it was her mother. Maybe we are all waking up, using the parts of our mind that had been locked for centuries.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by komp_uk
I am of sound mind, decently paid in a high tech role and have never had this burning desire to "...G.A.Y.
......" (sorry I just cant speak about it). So this is kind of unexpected, but I cant hide it anymore.

Just go with it , come out of the closet !!

But here at ATS we are all retardos and Cia debunkers. (Now my post is gone , and proves my Point.)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Everyone experiences this all of the time. I have something happen almost everyday that is profoundly coincidental. The more you take notice and believe it happens the more it does.

Example.. Ran into someone last night told them about a band and before i could finish talking about them a stranger walked by with the same band on his shirt. (That is one of many from just yesterday)

Sychronistic experiences will continue to increase as we aproach ascension. Embrace it ..your creating it...use it!

[edit on 4-4-2009 by peregrine13]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Time like the cornicopia, the hexagon on saturns invisible geometry..

Is an inifinite self connected life form we call time and space or the multiverse.
Within its main core, are spiraling energies planets eminate towards each other, a form of communication and such i would guess.

We hu-mans are our own planets as our bodies are batteries. But we are more than that, as we are everything. WE are time. Coincidences arise from the beginning of knowing where you exist within your strata of perception within the relative zone you inhabit and its events, which always are subject to laws of chaos or order colliding forever in argument.

Perhaps other beings who do or can time travel, have poked holes into the time core, and its wabbling causing strange events to occur within the whole fabric of reality?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Let us create alternate fuels, now !!! (creating . creating )

What could this be ?? is it in the mind ? and do any of you have a feeling of loss of sleep ?
I mean , when I sleep,I would wake up and it is like I never slept at all, it is just the clock that have jumped forth some amount of hours...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Originally posted by komp_uk
I am of sound mind, decently paid in a high tech role and have never had this burning desire to "...G.A.Y.
......" (sorry I just cant speak about it). So this is kind of unexpected, but I cant hide it anymore.

Just go with it , come out of the closet !!

But here at ATS we are all retardos and Cia debunkers. (Now my post is gone , and proves my Point.)

LOL

No its certainly not that I can assure you.

I think one of the big problems I have is my memory. I just dont seem to recall things like people I know.

I kinda see memories as a picture. I dont just remember the context of the memory I remember where I was at the time, what was around me just like a picture. I just dont seem to forget things either no matter how worthless it is/was.

I can just build up "the big picture" of things over great spans of time and sources of information, the details never fade.

Maybe I have some internal clock based on a memory that has just been activated.

See, I sound like a loonatic and I havent even got close to the/my issue.

Like I said, I have never had this happen before and my normal life is continuing as normal, just cant shake this off. weird, really weird.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I hope you know I just took the opertunity there mate ?
After all, you put it out there !

Wierd thing with that memory you talk about, like me, I dont know it is me or the others around that are forgetful or what, but I have the capasity to remember what I to during a day, yet people around me seems to be unable to remember yesterday, and that is wierd.

Like say, if I think of an event back in time, I 'see' it all, who was there who wor what cloths etc. and the others that was there can barely remember the incident.. Do you have that ??

edit: that google thing just happend and I almost missed it.
I know search engines 'collect' keyword when searching, but come on.

I was thinking about searching for articles of 'the creator , god, the cosmic designers' etc, that was what I was thinking when typing, I just typed DESIGNERS, and every hit was realted to : UFO ET 2012 etc. Look, I gonna post the results as the are listed

Soviets Built German UFOs
The Mysterious Eye in the...Triangle…and Whose Eye Is It, Anyway?
Did Ancient Egyptians use Aircraft in Battle?
Crop Circles - A Complex Beauty
Are UFOs Inter-Dimensional or Time Travelers? Nope!
The UFO Smokescreen
TMA-1: The Martian Artifact - Page 3
Nanonoia: More Than Meets the Eye
TMA-1: The Martian Artifact - More on Martian Meteorology - A ...

THat is just the first page... All of this topics are things I think about and want an answer to !

Here is my search frase: designers

Wouldnt one think that Houses and buildings would come to the search result ?

[edit on 4-4-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
I hope you know I just took the opertunity there mate ?
After all, you put it out there !

Wierd thing with that memory you talk about, like me, I dont know it is me or the others around that are forgetful or what, but I have the capasity to remember what I to during a day, yet people around me seems to be unable to remember yesterday, and that is wierd.

Like say, if I think of an event back in time, I 'see' it all, who was there who wor what cloths etc. and the others that was there can barely remember the incident.. Do you have that ??

yes I do.

Im not saying it is related in the slightest it just happens to be that way and always has.

I dont even consciously do it either it just happens. minute details stick.

I dont know if ATS is making it worse or not either. I had all this weirdness before I found ATS, I just come acorss ATS when I was looking for my own answers, so I already know a lot of people are saying/doing/seeing the same things as I am.

The bit that puts me off is when weirdness turns into some religious event or assentions or whatever. I am not saying it is or it is not anything because I dont know, I just have to find my answers.

I can tell you I am 38 yrs old, sound mind, healthy, good job, good long term women in toe, no financial issues.

So I can rule out a lot of things.

Like I said, maybe ATS is making it worse, maybe its making it better, /me shrugs.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Im trying not to give anything away for fear of reading my own words and loosing my mind lol.

I am getting no sleep whatsoever. I just cant sleep!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Thankyou for sharing your own experiences. I try to keep level headed about these things and apply rational explanation but thats not always easy as you will all know.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turbohale
For the last 12 months or so, I have been experiencing lots of strange coincidencies. If this had happened to me once or twice I would not think anything of it but this is a weekly occurance and is truly bizzarre, I will explain....

I will get an idea in my head out of nowhere for example, I will think of a film I havent seen for years, it will just pop into my head then hey presto it will appear on one of the satellite channels in a day or too, this has worked with even the most obscure films.

Another example is I was talking to my girlfriend about a Dire Straights song "Romeo and Juliet" I was talking to her about it over my mobile phone, I walked around a corner in a busy street and suddenly a street musician stated playing it...

Things like this are happening to me on a more frequent basis all the time and I would like to hear from people who are experiencing the same sort of thing, is there a name for this sort

of thing? Any help would be appreciated...

dude myley cyrus is trying to reach out to me and like it sucks because its all like heat raunching

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Turbohale

Look up "Laws of Attraction". This may help you out a bit.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Most of you who begin this deliberate creation beat up on yourselves too much and we would like to let you off the hook by saying to you that LOA (law of attraction) is a very powerful thing. And you can't fight LOA.

You just have to let LOA play out as it will. So if you have a habit of thought, LOA is going to bring more of that thought to you which means you're probably going to think that thought more. And as you think that thought more you're going to have more of those feelings and LOA is going to bring you more of that stuff. It's sort of like being mad at gravity.

Damn - everytime I jump in the air I come right down. And we say it helps to accept gravity. It helps to acknowledge that this is the way gravity works and in time you learn to deal with it. You learn that there are many more benefits to it than there are detriments to it.

And LOA is the same way.

In time you come to realize its consitent nature is very beneficial to you so you don't ride around in the discomfort of LOA, instead you let it work for you.

Taken from www.law-of-attraction-info.com...

OK I understand that and makes perfect sense (the whole LOA thing).

But what if doing what you know is right means radical changes (which is in essence what i feel is going on inside)?

No matter how much I try to ignore, deny whatever the things that are consuming every minute of my day I just cant bring myself to act on it as I know I should!

Confused a bit.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I've been having the same co-incidences thing going on for about a year, and very heavily in the last week or so.
It started with really unlikely things 'doubling' in a day. Eg. Will have a conversation with a friend about a movie I'd totally forgotten about and hadn't seen in a decade....will turn on the tv later that night and it's not only the first thing on tv, but right at the part we talked about the most or was the inspiration for the discussion to start with.
Now it's come to the point where I will read a line in a magazine, usually a quote or excerpt from something. I'll turn on the tv later, the exact same quote will be there. I'll grab a book off my step-mom's shelf when I go to visit her, that seems unlikely to have anything to do with the topic or anything that would use that particular quote or excerpt, skimming through the book, I'll see it in less than a minute.
Then usually twice more I'll encounter it before the day is done, and absolutely NOT looking for it.
It's gotten to the point where I am sometimes just plain #ing annoyed. Other times it cracks me up....it's ridiculous.
Now it is happening with multiple things daily, usually 5-8 repeats of each thing. I'm getting very very used to it, and somewhat bored with the occurrences.

I am very interested in the changes in my thinking that arise as a result however. I feel like a part of a puzzle or plan far larger than myself and completely out of my control. It's effing intimidating sometimes, other times it makes me feel like no person is alone, there's a God, there's a method, there's something there making sure I don't forget, it's a warm sense and though it frustrates me that in itself, the occurrences are distracting and not particularly useful like say, a knack for predicting the future or something, that I can't figure out everything behind it or see perhaps the entire purpose for it.
I told my friend it was happening, last year. Mainly because she seemed to always be the source of the repeat of something. I'd think about something really interesting, she'd call a minute later and read me something her husband wrote on the same thing, then we'd go out for coffee and this thing would be on the damned radio, for example...
wtf... That, and almost any time something 'repeated' itself later in the day by showing up on tv, I was at her house relaxing in front of hers.

Another person that was always 'doubling' me was my boyfriend. We'd have the same dream the same night. In one case, we'd been dating for about a year and a month and neither of us had been asked out or anything by someone else during that entire time. We were in a long distance relationship (I was at university, he was in another province).....I got asked out by somebody one day. My BF called me later and announced that a friend of his at work had asked him out, before I even told him this....
I asked him what time of day...he said around 3pm when he was leaving work. I had been asked around 2pm....then I remembered he was an hours time change away, one hour ahead of me.....we'd both been asked at the same time of day.

Sorry for rambling off.... I think it's freaking fabulous that others are having these experiences because so far I haven't discovered anyone, til now....

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

thanks for this wonderful post, my experiences are (like yours) centered around mainly my girlfriend, we have usually been talking about a film or music when it will materialise on the tv or radio etc. I was beginning to get a bit freaked out by it all as was my girlfriend but now im embracing it and im going to start logging the occurances and see if I can find a pattern in it. Im so glad this is happening to others, but why now? thats the question that is bothering me. I have not had these experiences until relatively recently.

I would love to hear peoples ideas of why it appears these experiences are gathering pace (so to speak) and becoming more and more regular.

thanks people x

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just my own opinion:

I tend to see it as all just part of the process of reaching ones 'knowing place'.

Some people just - for whatever reason - seem to just naturally have a strong sense of 'knowing'. They don't tend to or attempt to interpret or analyse or rationalise those *instincts/feelings/knowledges* or whatever you wish to call them...they just accept with calmness and certainty.

Many people (well, that I know of anyway) have some sense of *instinct/intuition* (again call it what you will)...though tend to then apply their 'rational thought processes' to it...they tend to analyse and logicalise what they may be sensing.

Almost a bit like playing the board game Battleship and firing a few tentative shots out at B4, C7 and D6 or something. Instead of just accepting/trusting their first *feeling* that their opponents Battleship is sitting across C5.

Having these little, I guess, *tests* of your intuition...such as thinking of a song and bam you hear it being played, or thinking of someone and bam they call or such like events can help you to identify WHAT is intuitive and what is simply your mind wandering away on its own thoughts of fancy which we all do through the day.
It helps identify the *feeling* that often comes along with those times of intuition...so you can become more aware of how *intuition* presents itself to you.

Its from that awareness that you can move into your own 'knowing place'.

Peace.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join