It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Raids Dallas Internet Service Provider Core IP

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
What a bunch of yahoos.

You used the word 'yahoo' negatively. This may cause bad publicity for the web site and company, Yahoo! Inc. The FBI now has just cause to shut down ATS, it's web host, all the ISPs of every member, their places of employment, and any grocery stores they shop at, while jailing all of your friends, their friends, and all of your families and giving you the death penalty.

Thanks for creating such a horrible image of a company, loam. Don't you know we're in a recession? How do you live with yourself?

Terrorist.

[/sarcasm]

My scenario makes more sense than this. I guess I'm qualified to run the FBI.

By all means, FBI. Lets shut down a small ISP because someone downloaded a movie while companies like Comcast and their bad commercials stay in business. Makes perfect sense to me!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
What a pathetic form of governance we have created for ourselves.

So in an effort to enforce the "property" interests of one party, the government has the right to destroy the property interests of anyone else they choose, if it will further their investigation?

God forbid a criminal suspect should ever make his escape by cutting through your yard. You may just find the state seizing your home in its criminal investigation.

What a bunch of yahoos.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by loam]

I disagree with you on this. It was not one party. That movie represents thousands of people and companies who would be irreparably harmed if it were to get out. Haven't you ever stayed to watch the credits?

Also, what are you referring to as being "destroyed"?
You analogy of a criminal running through your yard does not fit nor does it reinforce your argument.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Don't know if it is related? I have been following Mylow's magnetic motor based on Howard johnson magnet motor.

Scroll down the page to latest development for the 3 april

Mylow's lawyer brought an unidentified, intimidating man with him Thursday night, taking his motor, all his papers, leaving him with a note of warning -- only to return the items this morning. Mylow defiantly posts another video, calling it his last.

Mylow is in chicago so Dallas might be a bit far. after thursday Mylow has back off and is saying he fake the whole thing. Kind of interesting

MylowMagnetMotor.com...

[edit on 5-4-2009 by cravin]

[edit on 5-4-2009 by cravin]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
A follow up on this---There appears to be some dispute as to what the actual reasons behind this was. Hopefully as time goes on, we'll get more answers. It still leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling in my gut...

FBI Defends Disruptive Raids on Texas Data Centers

The FBI on Tuesday defended its raids on at least two data centers in Texas, in which agents carted out equipment and disrupted service to hundreds of businesses.

The raids were part of an investigation prompted by complaints from AT&T and Verizon about unpaid bills allegedly owed by some data center customers, according to court records. One data center owner charges that the telecoms are using the FBI to collect debts that should be resolved in civil court. But on Tuesday, an FBI spokesman disputed that charge.

Continued:

blog.wired.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thank you for the follow up.

The corporate enforcement police (FBI) would be very poorly served if the excuse tendered for the confiscation of property which is necessary for a business livelihood turns out to be a simple matter of 'strong-arming' by politically well-connected and protected corporations.

While I don't doubt that they consider this a 'criminal' situation to be resolved by their law enforcement efforts; If this is a debt collection situation, it hardly rates the attention of FEDERAL agents.

If it were the case that it does because its ATT or such, then maybe the FBI should be seizing all the assets of Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, and the rest of the 'businesses' that seem to have 'lost' trillions of dollars....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join