It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE Upon Waking.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
A few days back, I had a very alarming experience, very interesting, and I am still trying to come to grips with it.

My grandmother came in to let my dog in at around 9AM, I had sensed my Grandmother open the door and I looked at her and she had silver/gold spectrals coming from the outline of her body, everything looked EXACTLY to a tee as what you would see with your eyes open, except I saw that aura around her.

I then exclaimed "HOLY CRAP".

At which point, my eyes opened and I realized I had seen all of that with my eyes closed, and like I said, it looked EXACTLY like real life, with a dash of visible aura on the side. This is the only time I've EVER had a OOBE or whatever this was.

I rapidly awake and explain to my grandmother what happened, within seconds of the event. I asked my grandmother if I said "HOLY CRAP", and she said no.

Brief Background,

I've been doing a lot of work on pursuing the path of enlightenment. I've been doing a lot of work on my philosophies, and utilizing them in ways that benefits my mind, body and soul.

I'm at a point where when I choose to, I can become completely serene, typically when I'm around nature. I can imagine the energy of plants, almost feel it when I put my hands near plants, trees, etc.

Is this experience a sign of me becoming more enlightened?

I've came to the conclusion that what happened was my soul was becoming earthbound, however, my brain was incapable to accept my soul into it yet because it wasn't completely started, so I was just kind of....like a ghost.

I'll reiterate, what I saw, was no dream in any way shape or form, it was 3rd dimensional reality, exactly the way it looks as you are reading this post.

There was no blurriness, there was no fuzzy stuff, there was no pink leprechauns, it was as real as break of day.

Anyways, any thoughts welcome.

(Please refrain from skepticism, I don't need my mental health evaluated, I'm perfectly stable thank you.)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Bumpity bump....

Wondering if anyone has any ideas?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Very interesting, I like reading about these kinds of things, although I can't really comment much further because I'm no expert in this area, and even if I was, telling you what you experienced would only be my interpretation or theory of what it is.

My theory is you encountered one of two things (the natural and the supernatural explanations):

1. A hypnopompic hallucination was triggered by noise / etc. as you were slowly woken from the sleep state, and in combination with the studying you've been doing about auras, etc., etc., produced this experience.

2. You somehow tapped into your "third eye", probably having something to do with the way the hypnogogic/hypnopompic is an altered state of consciousness, and literally saw without your physical eyes, and due to this you also were aware of things like an "aura" which you cannot see with normal eyes.

I'm the type of person that assumes #1, and optimistically hopes for #2 to somehow be proven true. But that's something you'll have to look into yourself I guess.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by ac500]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ac500

That's what I've always looked into, is I'm skeptical of stuff like this....

But hallucinations cannot display true, real, reality, with the given physics.

This was in no way different from reality, outside of the fact I was seeing without my eyes open.

I saw without my eyes open, clear as day, and within what felt to be a split second of this I felt my eyes open, and it was kind of like I was being lifted up on my back. Weird, most definitely.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I used to have OBEs quite frequently, and experienced exactly what you did. I learned to have some control and have read you can learn to have complete control. If you want to learn the best description on how to control it try William Buhlman's "Adventures Beyond the Body" and "Secret of the Soul", they are the most informative I've found. But it seems the more I learned about it the less frequent I had them, and also when i wanted to have them it seemed to happen less frequently.

I don't know if it has anything to do with enlightenment, because I've met people that have them and they are far from enlightened in my book! But it can definitely be a doorway to enlightenment I am sure.

I should say I was having them the most on a bed that someone had died on! But I didn't find that out until some time afterword.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

Well, I'm not relatively interested in pursuing the OOBE right now.

Secrets of the Soul sounds like it has more to offer than just descriptions and methods of OOBE, so I may have to take a read.

I think you stopped having the OOBE's because you pursued them.

It's just a guess.

I think one has to become overall enlightened, and understanding the difference of now, and then.

The immediate reality you live in is the most important, stuff like money and ideas you can build in your head will take you from the path of enlightenment....which is something we all have to live with.

Good luck on your journey, and thanks for the input

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It's possible that it happened, and chances are it won't happen again. Maybe for a brief moment your physic abilities came forth. I dunno. Nothing out of the ordinary has really happened to me like this.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

But hallucinations cannot display true, real, reality, with the given physics.

This was in no way different from reality, outside of the fact I was seeing without my eyes open.

Well, you'd be amazed of the power of the imagination. I had several dreams (some lucid) with incredible realism. One, where I was lucid for a short time on what seemed to be an alien planet, the visual / audio / smell / touch / etc. aspects were so real it was almost like it was beyond real, like waking up was more like a dream (hard to explain). I still remember how incredibly vivid everything was (but unfortunately direct memory of what it was like has faded). But who knows, maybe I was "remote viewing" or "astral projecting" to an actual alien world, it was certainly unusual enough

Anyway, I like reading things like this because it means (to me) that with enough practice, you could probably master this and be able to "see" without your eyes at will if this is really "real" perception.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ac500
Well, you'd be amazed of the power of the imagination.

Yes, but there is a separation between reality and imagination a large one.

I saw reality, I saw exactly what I saw when I opened my eyes, minus the aura.

There was no discrepancies, it was exact minus the aura. There was no blurriness, there was no difference, it was exact. To a very tee. The only difference from when my eyes were closed and opened was my Grandmother's aura.

Also, keep in mind it was not a dream, as my eyes open with in a second of seeing reality with my eyes closed.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Hi:

I've had a similar experience, except mine happened while laying down before I fell asleep. I could see a person walking to my door, like I was at the door watching; but I was in a bed. It's interesting stuff. There is so much potential in looking into this stuff. I'm sure you were just tapping into some part of your third eye (mind's eye).

Just to mention one more experience to you. I woke up one day, and I went outside for a cigarette. After my cigarette, I went back into the house, walked up the stairs, went into my bedroom, and I laid back down in bed. I closed my eyes, as my heart was beating a little faster than normal. As I stared into the void, I could see pulsating, like I was in the center of my heart and watching it beat. It was an awesome experience.

I'm sure your experience is the first of many. As to what they mean, or where to go from there, is totally beyond me. I say be aware, and see where it takes you. You never know where this may lead. As for elightenment, Perhaps! Maybe it has been there as a gift all long, and you have been too distracted in the past to notice it. I think we all have these abilities; abilities such as OBE's, oneness, ESP, etc...

Take Care!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hello my friend.
This is normal. i was doing experiments in the early 60's with OBEs. I found that people can do this at will when the rite nerves are removed from the lobes. what you need to do is practice and in time you will be able to do this all day but be careful and love your body

new topics

top topics

join