It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reps Paul, Frank introduce bill to legalize industrial hemp

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I am 33, when I was a teenager, probably around 16-18, the government was till finding old WWII hemp fields in the area of Minnesota I lived in.

Drove 'em nuts.

They would show up with a caravan of dump-trucks and bull-dozer's, level the fields, move all the ripped up hemp to one central location, pile it up and burn it.

Hilarious, the fire and ash must have been great for creating super-healthy plots of hemp

Anyway, my point is that there were STILL hemp fields around in my lifetime, so the idea of this plant as a crop in the USA is in no way far fetched.

The time is long past that we revolt against the industrial-complex(es) of the USA and do what is best for WE THE PEOPLE. Our dependence on crap built to fail, made out of high-energy-input toxic materials must end.

I've no love for Dow Chem or any of their ilk because of the way they have treated me and mind for decades. So I do not give a dam if hemp is going to hurt their business. If they are so short sighted and greedy that they can't break out of their own little box in terms of materiality,t hat is their own problem.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Cannabis hemp is able to cross with drug strains,it is true.However the hardiness and headiness seem to be in conflict as these crosses tend to quickly degenerate into hemp.Actual breeding/selection requires at least a thousand individuals from which to chose(the Mendalian ratio is actually ten thousand).To find THE ONE.I have heard of "improving" indigenous feral strains plenty of times,but never saw it done,so I'd say rumor only.And a lot of people believe it,but that doesn't make it true.(Remember the urban legend of grafting cannabis to hops?)

A hemp farm would drive the Ganga farmers far,far away.Or indoors.

So as I see it,the main benefit here would be the allowance of scientific studies.Which,in time,would invalidate the political/religious anti-pot propaganda.Slowly enough for all the fuzz to retire without losing face by having to admit they were wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Is this the same Barney Frank, cosponsor of the collapse of the U.S. housing market a few years back? And people are still listening to what he's speaking? Amazing!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join