It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marley & Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Have you seen this movie?

Given it's comedic nature, I really underestimated this film and did not foresee the emotional roller coaster I was getting myself into. An amazing film of a relationship and building of a family through the relationship the family has with the dog and almost on the time line of the dog's life.

As much as I loved this movie, I'm not ashamed to say that I cried even more.

Whether your a pet lover or not, do yourself a favor and watch this movie. Bring some tissue as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'm somewhat disappointed in this trailer because it really doesn't do the movie justice. It plays up the comedic aspect of the movie, which really is plentiful, but the selling point of this movie is the relationship between Owen Wilson and Marley. This is by far the best work from Owen Wilson in his career.

Has anyone seen it?

From those who haven't and are thinking it's a silly children's movie about a dog, it's not!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I just watched it and I can say that I shed a tear for Marley.

I recommend it for the whole family. two thumbs up

[edit on 5-4-2009 by TheComte]

[edit on 5-4-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I can't wait to see the movie, and can see how a dog movie can be an international hit. The chew things, destroy the house and at times can seem worthless, but you love them because they love you unconditionally. They don't care if you get fat, or have health problems, as they still want your pillow at night. I know the end is sad, but I will still watch it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The relationship that a dog can have with it's owner is really put out their on the screen when you watch this movie and any pet lover will really get it and those who don't really enjoy pets, I think they'll at the very least understand where people are coming from.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
At first glance it looks like this would be a waste of time as they really played up on the comedic aspect in the trailers but i'm a sucker for a real emotional dog movie.

top topics

join