It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Picture: Red River flooding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
www.boston.com...

Here are some amazing pictures of the
Red River flooding

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, I live near Fargo and haven't seen alot of them.
The second crest is supposed to be worse than the first now.

It doesn't get as much press, but the Sheyenne may be going 2ft. over the record high. Valley City will most likely be forced to close all bridges but one, it will be very difficult getting around. The hospital is near the river as is the college. The town has many beautiful and historic bridges, to see them now is just sad.

One positive aspect of all of this is watching the communities pull together.
The colleges and high schools have been closed to alow students to sandbag if they wanted to, most of them did and are still at it. And even though Fargo has been fighting their own flood, alot of people from there have been volunteering in Valley City, it is very heartwarming to see!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
amazing photos!
interesting that we are not really hearing about this nor seeing much media about this in the general news.

thank you for posting and raising awareness.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is getting scarey, they have been updating the flood gage every hour for weeks, but today it hasn't been updated since 1:00pm. They closed 2 bridges this morning and I haven't heard anything since. I have to go there in the early am and not quite sure how to get into town. Have a feeling I will have to take the long, long way to get into town. Just hope everyones ok.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dakota Rose
This is getting scarey, they have been updating the flood gage every hour for weeks, but today it hasn't been updated since 1:00pm. They closed 2 bridges this morning and I haven't heard anything since. I have to go there in the early am and not quite sure how to get into town. Have a feeling I will have to take the long, long way to get into town. Just hope everyones ok.

hey, take some photos for us!
tell us your personal experience of the area.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I can take some photos, but they have so many roads blocked off I'm not sure how close I can get. The whole town looks like its been invaded by giant ants, huge ant hils everywhere!! Most of the in town diking is just piles of clay and dirt, most of the sandbagging is around houses.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yea, I live in the red river flood plain as well, just north of the boarder and things are getting pretty sketch up here. The main highway from the Boarder to Winnipeg (Highway 75) is closed and tomorrow when I head to the city, I have to take several detours on gravel roads because of the flooding. Hopefully it won't be as bad as 97'.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
"97" was a bad year here as well, they still have not updated the river gage, but the Fargo Forum says the Sheyenne will see water like its never seen before.
For the last week we've had traffic cops at all major intersections so all the sand trucks can go without stopping, and boy do they go! Everyone is warned to stay out of their way.

top topics

join