It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'has deployed multiple nuclear warheads' ahead of launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I received the information from the national intelligence agency of a certain country that they believe North Korea has deployed nuclear warheads at two underground facilities for Rodong missiles," Daniel Pinkston, senior analyst at the International Crisis Group, told The Daily Telegraph from Seoul.
"We estimate that North Korea has as many as 320 Rodong missiles, which can be launched from mobile transporters anywhere in the country, and we are assessing the threat these pose," he said

Telegra ph

I know there have been other posts about N.K.'s threats, but nuclear threats are a whole new level of threat and deserves a separate post.

So what, N.K. is going to launch nuke tipped missiles when and if it's 3 stage rocket is shot down???

Who are they going to shoot at, Japan, Hawaii...Us ships in the area...

Don't they realize, that no matter what, a nuclear missile shot at Japan or US will get several back in return?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I say let them go at it, because as soon as one of them gets launched they are going to get completely and utterly destroyed by someone. If they want I will email them my home address and they can aim for my house. Seems like a fair trade.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Nothing will happen, the launch day will go by utterly un-noticed and nothing will be shot down, because the missile will fall into the water shortly after launch or not make it out of the launch pad befoe exploding or falling over than exploding.

If they were to attack US or Japan or SK for taken out the missile they would be quickly destroyed!

Most they will face for the failed missile is sanctions from the Security Council

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
I say let them go at it, because as soon as one of them gets launched they are going to get completely and utterly destroyed by someone. If they want I will email them my home address and they can aim for my house. Seems like a fair trade.

Better yet, why don't the two of us just do an apartment swap for a couple of weeks, until this is all over?

Think about it - you get to be a target, and I get to raid your fridge. It's win-win!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

LOL, now come on. Do I look like that big of a sucker. I am trading my families lives for millions. See I am getting a way better deal

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
North Korea has no intention of creating or launching nuclear warheads.
All these stories are just to mold the people's mind into accepting illegal
military sanctions on North Korea. The only reason North Korea gets
painted as such a "bad apple", because allied countries have done far
worse than they ever did, is because North Korea refuses to become
controlled, refuses to become yet another slave state.

North Korea, Iran, Sudan, Libya and Cuba are the only countries left
on this planet, that have not succumbed to the economical slavery and
complete control.

It's no coincidence that exactly these countries are constantly portrayed
as the "bad guys". These countries don't want war, they want to be left
alone, they want our spies and our agents out of their lands, they want
to develop in peace on their own. Maybe they want to launch a satellite,
which is their international right.

Stop believing all this propaganda about these countries, people.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

North Korea has developed and deployed multiple nuclear warheads

First, they probably didn't developped them alone, it's highly unprobably since they can't make simple glass without bubbles in it. They are the most backward nation on earth. And their missiles are still with liquid fuel... 1960s style. So they had help...if they have them. And how many do they have? 20?

that can be attached to medium-range Rodong missiles

Rodong 2 can reach all of Japan....

"I received the information from the national intelligence agency of a certain country that they believe North Korea has deployed nuclear warheads at two underground facilities for Rodong missiles,"

So either they BELIEVE... or they have spies in there which is highly unlikely... infiltrating north koreans underground bases with secret nuclear warheads and reporting the info to their western bosses in a few days? Not likely. Or they have satellites that can see underground... which i'm sure they can up to a certain distance.

Anyway all this is utter BS. North Korea would ONLY use nuclear weapons if NATO was coming down on them for real. Until then, they'll stick to their rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
President Obama is warning NK now.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

SEOUL, South Korea - As North Korea fueled a multistage rocket Thursday for its threatened satellite launch, President Barack Obama promised a "stern" response and Japan vowed to press for an emergency session of the U.N. Security Council.

Senior U.S. defense officials said that trailers and vehicles carrying rocket propellant were in place at North Korea's coastal launch site and that fueling had begun.

The world needs a world war, it could get the economy going again. The real stimulus plan.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think this news is BS. The claim that they have a nuclear device is still unverified. They allegedly tested a crude device. The process of transforming a crude nuclear device ala Fat Boy to a warhead on a missile is such a significant technological leap that it is highly doubtful. It is more that likely that the N.Koreans leaked such information purposely in an effort to scare people. Also, the number of missiles in their possession is again highly doubtful .

Kim Jong Il will follow what ever China wants him to do and this is one of China's ways at getting back at the Japanese and keeping the US at bay. Have a loose cannon proxy.

Japan needs to just send one message to N.Korea that- if N.Korea wants a war, then war it is but they shouldnt waste everybody's time with cheap idle threats.

The only way to deal with loose canons is to put them out of their misery.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

Ok You ignored my proof that it is not their right to have this missile in this thread,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I suspect you will ignore it in this one as well.

The Marshall plan funding (which supplied Belgium with a fresh start after WW2) had to be halted in 1950 because of the Korean war.

Sorry, but the entire World has agreed that the DPRK is NOT allowed to have these,let alone fire one! Would you like them testing it over your peaceful country?? BTW. On behalf of my Fathers and Grandfathers....Your welcome.

It is not their right. By International law!

Resolution 1718 (2006)
Adopted by the Security Council at its 5551st meeting, on
14 October 2006
www.un.org...
Edit: original link appears to be broken, as of this afternoon. but this is the source. (Zeptepi)

5. Decides that the DPRK shall suspend all activities related to its ballistic
missile programme and in this context re-establish its pre-existing commitments to a
moratorium on missile launching;
7. Decides also that the DPRK shall abandon all other existing weapons of
mass destruction and ballistic missile programme in a complete, verifiable and
irreversible manner;

Edit to fix link

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

LOL, I like your gusto

I am certain that one will be aimed near my house regardless (Washington, D.C.).

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

North Korea, Iran, Sudan, Libya and Cuba are the only countries left
on this planet, that have not succumbed to the economical slavery and
complete control.

It's no coincidence that exactly these countries are constantly portrayed
as the "bad guys". These countries don't want war, they want to be left
alone, they want our spies and our agents out of their lands, they want
to develop in peace on their own. Maybe they want to launch a satellite,
which is their international right.

Stop believing all this propaganda about these countries, people.

BRAVO!!!

I'm afraid this truth will be lost in the current flowing through this thread but, hopefully some people will pause just long enough to really give this some thought.

I am not inviting a bunch of negative replies with this post, so holster your typing fingers.

I only want people to stop and think.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

NK is merely holding its breath, like an angry three-year old, until it gets noticed and gets it way. They will never launch, and that assumes that they really have any nuclear weaponized missiles in the first place.
The world should tell them to go ahead and launch, then be prepared to take out that decades old missile. This is a big bluff, and it should be called.

top topics

join