It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity-B-Gone...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ever wonder what matter would act like without any outside stimuli? I thought about that and came up with something cool. I keep coming across a stray page here or there that says something about someone using sound to levitate stuff (namely their voice) like granite.

Apparently granite has some resonance factor that if you vibrate it just right with the right tone or whatever, it loses atraction with earth's gravity, and actually even repels from it. This is part of David Hammel's idea behind his flying saucer, although I'm unclear as to exactly why he uses granite, but he does. Red granite apparently has some effect more than granite you would find in Vedawoo, WY.

Ideas
So, I made a chain of thoughts and came up to composite materials... granite is like a composite, in that you just have a huge collection of different crystals fused together, formed at different cooling temparatures. So, what if you took a pure material, say aluminum, and vibrated it (through electrical or mechanical means, or maybe sound driver to vibrate it*) luntil you found that resonance that made it lose grip on, or repell against gravity. Now, say, take another metal and do the same thing and see what it does, then stack the two, reverse the stacking, try another metal and vibrate at a generated combination frequency. Most likey you will have to find the resonances that match up to boost each other, like in music.

*Ok, the sound driver idea. Find a speaker driver and possibly use it clamped somehow to the metal. Or, if you are like me, maybe just build one yourself, that way you can use multiple winds with different guages of wires to get a broader range. Transformers hum too... wonder if you could make a transformer hum at different frequencies. I think this is how this kewl bass enhancer thing works. Saw it in one of last years Bass Player magazine.

Anyways, it's just an idea. I'm big into composite materials. Maybe a person could even find a certain composite that could react to a magnetic feild? Eh? Then find some way to expand the required strength of a magnetic shell to the composite shell so as to minimize space... hmm...

Ok, thinking out loud... let some other peeps think about it for awhile.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a magnet reacts to magnetic field dont know if it is a composite material

did any1 ever experiment with this granite? and i would bet if you had just enuff luck you would find the correct vibration in about 10 years maybe

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sounds like a pile of BS to me.

A very common tool in the music industry is the frequency sweep. Used to test the response curves of sound systems, to look for any dips/spikes in output that need to be fixed.

Basically the sweep is just a tone that sweeps from very low frequencies (say 5Hz) to frequencies above human hearing range. (which ends at around 16kHz). Passing through all frequencies in the middle. Clearly any frequency that can be vocalised is covered within the sweep. If random objects have certain frequencies that makes them immune to gravity, someone would have noticed by now.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I remember coming across something like this while I was doing some research on Tibetan mysteries a few years back.

There was some information about Tibetans using sound (their voices) - chanting - to levitate large objects, such as huge stones. I'll have to grab some of the books for additional information, but it was really interesting to read about.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This is a topic that I've come across as well. Like you it peaked my interest as well. I've come across this 'Sound-Levitation' idea from multiple sources, both Science & Mysticism, but have yet to come to any solid answers as to it validity or application. For those who are interested, here are some links where you'll find other info related to this topic.

If anyone is interested in sharing some ideas or material or even some Experimental Ideas and/or results let me know & maybe we can team up and get to the bottom of this one. It goes much deeper than simply 'Sound' alone so some extra minds would help. So far what I've been able to understand, and what seems to be valid, it has to do with specific 'Wave Functions & Patterns', 'Mathematics', 'Electro-Magnetism and/or Magnetism', 'Harmonics', etc. All put together in some kind of Ancient Science that, if true, has re-surfaced on a few other occasions only to be lost once again.

Tibetan Sound Levitation
Of Large Stones

www.rense.com...

Coral Castle
www.labyrinthina.com...

just found this & haven't yet read it. Seems to give multiple theories and/or accounts including the Monks.
Gravity and Antigravity
ourworld.compuserve.com...

Picture: Dr Jarl's sketch showing how Tibetan monks were able to raise stone blocks into the air using the power of sound.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well if it was true it would explain alot! Including how all those ancient civilizations built all those magnificant structures made out of huge stones!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the links, mOjOm.
I'll dig up what I've got on the subject when I get home from work, as I recall someone doing related experiments in one of the books, and that information is really interesting, and if I recall correctly, from the earlier part of the 20th century.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Thanks for the links, mOjOm.
I'll dig up what I've got on the subject when I get home from work, as I recall someone doing related experiments in one of the books, and that information is really interesting, and if I recall correctly, from the earlier part of the 20th century.

I've come across recent (last 100 years of so) experiments and stuff by a few people, but have yet to find anything Solid as far as experiments I could try, or even well organized data. Mostly just bits and pieces here and there and many theories and some Incomprehendable Theories and Formulas written with 'Insider knowledge' or just plain 'Geek-Speak' that might as well be chinese. There are a few names that keep coming up though....like:
Tesla
Keely
and many of the other 'AntiGravity, Free Energy, etc' guys that are usually talked about on the edge of Science Genius types.

Anything else you can add would be great, thanx!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Sounds like a pile of BS to me.

Gotta agree, here.

A very common tool in the music industry is the frequency sweep... If random objects have certain frequencies that makes them immune to gravity, someone would have noticed by now.

Exactly. And the Army/Air Force/other armed services would have been on top of this technology so fast it'd make your head spin. I'm not talking about the occasional UFO sighting, but mobile flying weaponry.

Heck, you'd see it in science fair projects!

(a nice explaination (in Plain English!) of the forces is here):
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

Another problem with the idea is that granite (as a material) varies widely in composition, both with the amount of crystal material in it and with the chemical composition.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Kano & Byrd,
I agree it doesn't sound like a very likely theory, however, there is Much More to it than is being said in this thread. Sound waves alone are just a Very Small Part of the whole idea as a matter of fact. (At least that is my take on it of course. Like I said, I am still gathering data on this whole subject before even a decent guess can be stated on it's validity.)

Also, who's to say the Military isn't aware of it? Perhaps just partially maybe. The Military may not allow 'Public' displays of it's use perhaps, but could be using it in 'Secret Projects'. Usually, anything that isn't easily turned into a weapon is shelved anyway. This may be one of those 'things' that is less practical than simply making bigger and faster jets & bombs, so for now it's just tucked away from anyone else's view. Or they may not know how it works at all. Tesla for example is known to have died with certain 'knowledge' that was in his head only, and joined him in his grave, lost perhaps forever. It may sound strange, but there are inventions and/or knowledge that has been missed and/or lost many times throughout history. This could be another one of those cases??

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Damn!!! Gettin bashed by the mods! lol... I refuse to acgnolwedge phrases like "it can't be done" and "that's impossible". Rather, rephrase stuff to "it most likely can't be done" and "that's highly improbable". I can deal with that, but if you actually say can't and impossible, then you are definitly displaying signs of ignorance.

mOjOm, thanks a bunch for your input. You are right... basically I think the concept needs to revolve around using sound to override any other frequencies that are affecting the material. "Ever wonder what matter would act like without any outside stimuli?"... well, I believe that when you hit a certain resonance, the material being bombarded will separate itself from any other outside frequencies. Materials already vibrate at certain frequencies, but what if you could get ALL the material to vibrate at the same rate, then use different resonances? Maybe at these resonances, certain forces fail to have any affect (or have a completely negative effect) on the object.

Does that clear the thread up a bit?

Good links, btw... already have most of them bookmarked, but thanks for reminding me of the reference

Ok, I'm on lunch right now (and it's running out, so I can't go link hunting). If someone can, look up a table that they use to re-align metals. What you do is clamp the part (auto parts... aluminum head, for this case) to the table and it vibrates at a certain frequency, causing the molecules in the head to align properly, taking away any stress areas. A perfectly straight head machined from a solid block of 6061 T6 aluminum will come off this table needing to be re-machined. The strength is increased by, I believe, something like 30%. It works on any metal. See where I'm getting the idea? Latez...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Uh did you read our posts at all or just realise they were going against your idea and dismiss them? We never said it "can't be done" or "thats impossible". I did however point out that it reeks of BS, and it continues to do so.

Yes sound and vibrations can do many things. But gravity is really unrelated to sound. Plus there is enough sound and frequencies going on around us every day for it to be ridiculously unlikely that the right frequencies for whatever material havent already been hit. Where are the postboxes launching skyward when a car horn hits the right note?

I have personally done and seen hundreds of sweeps on a variety of systems and in a variety of locations. I've seen thousands of objects and materials exposed to every audible frequency. Thats me alone, everyone does a similar thing to test systems. Why have I never, nor has anyone else ever, noticed things levitating or flying off at certain frequencies?

On the other side of the coin, I have also seen hundreds of accidents caused by leaving things on top of speaker boxes. Glasses falling off and breaking, bottles spilling, plates falling to their demise. All caused by the vibration of the speakers. You could perhaps twist such occurences and call them levitating. But it has nothing to do with cancelling gravity.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Kano]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well everything vibrates at a frequency. You can control that frequency by energy source, temperature, different types of amplification etc. In order for say a voice to be able to force an object to have lift it would have to have to be under special conditions if it was indeed possible. We already know that a specific magnetic field can cause an object to disappear (Philadelphia project) basically what I got reading through government documents about it is that the who ship was caused to vibrate at the same frequency as the specific type of magnetic field that they created. As far as what cause the crew who survived to go mad, well consider that your brain has a very delicate chemical makeup that is in part controlled by electricity and small scale magnetic fields (any time you have electricity you have some sort of magnetic field or another.) Now consider what type of effect a massive EM field would have on the delicate makeup. I am currently doing some theoretical research on the effect of light plasma and strings created by a event horizon would have in amplifying the frequency of the string, and would that allow an object that was vibrating at the same frequency to travel along a radiation band. (all theoretical) I think that it is entirely possible that a tone created by the human voice under the right amplification and climate could cause an object (that has a makeup that would react to the specific tone) to seemingly defy gravity. Again it would not be some misty just a part of unexplored science, we are babies when it comes to what is possible here on earth, we've barely scratched the surface when it comes to what is possible in the universe. Very very very infantile in the scope of knowing how things work.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

But gravity is really unrelated to sound.

Not entirely true, although the mass of a frequency is very small and gravity doesn't have much effect on it (at least not on a small scale) anything that exhibits velocity (force) always has a relationship to gravity. (I could be wrong here, I can look it up if you want to go into it further.)

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Sounds kinda like Dune..with the wierding weapons. It turns sound into energy.

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Mau'dib!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
JOHN, the particles that are moving are obviously under the influence of gravity. But the sound itself is not affected by gravity, it goes just as fast up as down. It works the same way under 1-G as it does 0-G.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith

But gravity is really unrelated to sound.

Not entirely true, although the mass of a frequency is very small and gravity doesn't have much effect on it (at least not on a small scale) anything that exhibits velocity (force) always has a relationship to gravity. (I could be wrong here, I can look it up if you want to go into it further.)

Sound is vibrational... but it requires a medium for transmission. And sound isn't transmitted through photon packets. Light/heat energy are, but not sound.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
First of all, again I would have to do further research to establish if I am remembering this stuff correctly, it's been a while, but particles in a sound wave? I was under the impression that the only thing that acted as a particle and a wave was light, not sound. Although the vibration of sound has quite a different makeup than a photon based light wave, theoretically you can't pass sound near a black hole so it would have some sort of mass there fore gravity would have an effect on it. Although, it might not be the 9.6mpsps effect of gravity, it could be the EM distortion that gravity creates. But either way gravity does have an effect on sound.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Uh, the particles of whatever material the sound is travelling through, the sound itself is just the oscillation of the particles.

Like dropping a stone in the water, the waves propogate outwards, but there are still water molecules making up the waves.

As far as the black hole, what are you talking about, sound cannot travel in space for starters as it needs to travel in a medium. Secondly the 9.8m/s/s is the acceleration due to gravity at sea level on Earth. In close proximity to a black hole it would obviously be much higher.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Exactly. And the Army/Air Force/other armed services would have been on top of this technology so fast it'd make your head spin. I'm not talking about the occasional UFO sighting, but mobile flying weaponry.

Well they have already and its been in development since the early 70's. The military "unit" is called Ames Labs in Iowa. And the device you are looking for is called a "window speaker" I believe. Basically its a special metallic material that uses a one way crystallization process that makes it extremely strong and extremely flexible, to the point that it can do millions of "cycles" without cracking. They use a tiny thread of this material hooked to an Audio Type Driver, feed by any input it will make materials like large window panes and solid stone conferrence tables become huge audio drivers. Basically the special material vibrates at such a high frequency that normal "audiable" wave lengths may be transferred to other usually non conducting material to make a huge audio driver. Since the military has had this material in development for well over the last 30 years and its only been until recently that this technology was "leaked" for commerical application, its obvious to assume that this is a higher prder application of this material, driven by a higher input power that I bet makes it easy to repel air molecule as well as "gravitoids"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join