It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Supporter Detained By TSA For Carrying Cash?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Ron Paul Supporter Detained By TSA For Carrying Cash?

donklephant.com

A man was detained by TSA in St. Louis for carrying cash. The man was traveling home following a Campaign For Liberty (Ron Paul) event.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Secret State Police Report: Ron Paul, Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin, Libertarians are Terrorists

[edit on 4/2/2009 by sp00n1]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Since when is carrying cash a crime? Whatever happened to the burden of proof, "Innocent until proven guilty!" ? These guys are out of control. This is really sickening!

I know this is because of that damn MIAC report!

Im just glad Judge Napolitano covered the story, maybe now more people will realize this sickening trend is continuing and now all americans are considered terrorists just for exercising their constitutional rights and trying to work withing the system. Political dissidents will not be tolerated!

SEE VIDEO:

donklephant.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Though I am sure smaller amounts will get you noticed, and have some explaining to do, any time the authorities stumble on some one with more than 10,000.00 in cash on them they tend to want to sieze it and make you prove...

It is not the proceeds of an illegal enterprise

It is being lawfully reported for the purpose of taxes

You are not funding some illegal enterprise of treasonus act

Exactly who you are that you have that kind of scratch and the cajones to walk around with it

Is it right, fair or moral for the government to do that? I don't think so, but then again I don't think anyone who values their civil liberties and dignity should be parading through airports as virtual slaves and virtual criminals in the eyes of the TSA and their draconian and unconstitutional security measures.

Until all citizens start effectively boycotting the police state, the police state is only going to grow and become more intrusive as that is the source of a police state's power.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
He had 4700 bucks on him.
That does look a bit suspicious.That fact he is not co-operating doesn't help.
If he just answered the questions then it probably would have been different.
In my experience,you treat people like people and its an easy procedure...if you want your rights then they will do it the hard way.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

He had less than $10k. And, those civil asset forfeiture policies are total BS. You should not have to prove yourself innocent, that is not the way the system was designed. Its impossible to prove a negative.

These policies allow cops to seize private property without criminal charges or criminal trials, which is a direct violation of the 4th, 6th, 7th, & 8th amendments. Whatever happened to due process? a fair trial? probable cause? cruel and unusual punishment?

Not to mention, civil asset forfeiture violates double jeopardy laws. If you can prove somebody committed a crime, fine punish them. But you cant take their property too because that amounts to being punished twice for the same crime.

These policies also allow police departments to abuse their powers and seize anything and everything on very wishy-washy grounds just because they need another source of revenue. Just look at the BS they pull with speeding traps now that the economy is suffering and tax revenues are dwindling.

Civil forfeiture is based on a medieval concept that inanimate objects can be guilty of crimes. The cops claim they arent punishing you when they steal your property, they are punishing the property itself, and as such this "does not violate double jeopardy". Thats why you will actually see cases like "United States v. $103,223.00"

Is this what we have come to? Medieval versions of criminal justice?!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

When did carrying cash become a crime?

And he was cooperating. He wasnt resisting, and he answered all relevant questions. Not to mention, YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT!

And, as the victim said himself, he was in St. Louis, MO where the MIAC report was released claiming all ron paul and C4L supporters are terrorists. Not the type of info that will help get you on the plane. That, and his luggage was full of C4L and Ron Paul literature. So, they obviously knew who he was and what he was doing. Why ask if they already know.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You sure don't have to tell me how crazy it is. My room mate in 1981 had to file a case against the Federal Government to have 7200.00 in cash siezed from him by U.S. Customs when walking back across the Mexican border from Tiajuana into San Diego, CA.

It cost him 5,000 in attorney fees and several trips to court to get it back.

He did force it's return though.

I have been ticketed twice in the past two months for obscure motor vehicle equipment violations in my little incorporated community in North Miami Beach, FL, by a small police department who not only do I pay for with my taxes, but would have never done such a thing up until a year ago.

Now the money hunt is on every which way the government can get it and take it.

To tell you the truth I am not sure whether the governments are that hard up for money, or are that determined to make sure citizens have as little extra money as possible.

I think seige warfare is actually being instituted on the middle class and the poor presently, to help ensure the smallest amount of citizens are adequately prepared to whether up coming crisis without having to turn to the enslaving government for assistance.

Cash is King and if there is one thing our government can't abide is any one remotely sovereign!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Well if I looked in your pockets or the person who posted above me or even myself...would you be carrying 4700 bucks.
I don't know anyone that carries that much cash on them.
You are right its not illegal to carry cash but remember this is post 911 and he is in an airport.
In my experience when you are asked a question its just easier to answer it...especially if you have nothing to hide.
I think he made matters worse for himself.
I have been arrested quite a few times and I have never cared what my rights are.Just treat them like people and make it easy on them and they usually do the same.I can't count how many times I have been busted with illegal substances only to walk away with a handshake and no charges.Last time being last September.Still no charges for illegal substances.
People are people if you piss them off then they will do things the hard way.
He was asked a question and he was unco-operative and it didn't have to turn out that way.
I bet if he just had a laugh with them and explained his story he would have been on his way.
Screaming for your rights pisses these people off.
I see what you are saying though and where you are coming from.
Its ok to agree to disagree.
Also,whos to say these guys weren't Ron Paul supporters?

[edit on 2-4-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
They are trying to legislate a law system based on Feudalism and therefore these attempts to take someones property violate hundreds of years of struggle and precedent including ancient laws such as the Magna Carta.

These are simply wrong uses of law. We need more people to go into law to circumvent and rise up through the system to prevent these kinds of tricks being considered ordinary.

Everytime a police officer shoots an animal and doesn't serve any time and any time someone shoots one of their crazy attack dogs they get prison should easily demonstrate the feudal concept of law being put into place.

Feudalism sucks and those that go along with it are against humanity and love and spirit and God. They are no different than those that promoted slavery.

People have to start filing lawsuits against this crappy illegal kind of law enforcement, there needs to be laws made to punish law enforcement engaged in illegal seizures. Clearly law has been abused to promote literal lawlessness by those that can act with impunity to take property on a whim.

Drugs have to be decriminalized, prohibition has made feudalism possible, prohibition has created HELL on earth. Taxes are clearly being created for punitive purposes rather than for income to provide services, this will wreck civilization, society cannot last under a feudalistic state, it always turns into anarchy and revolution, therefore the laws need to be changed or risk total anarchy.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
$4,700 doesn't seem like that much money to me to be carrying. We moved from one state to another and our moving company would not move our cash so we had to take it on the airline, but no one knew...how did they find his cash? When I pack I make sure I carry on things like jewelry and cash in my bag (purse)...it goes thru the xray and everything is fine.

This is his property...I bet people coming home from Vegas sometimes have a lot of cash. I do not have to tell an officer how much money I have, I do not have to tell an officer how much my diamond ring is worth or how my a custom designer suit costs...which in many cases is way over $4700 (not in my case) but I am just saying. This is a very upsetting story...thugs who know nothing about the law detaining thoughtful, informed, educated patriots. This is just terrible. How are we going to inform the ignorant?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I shouldnt be advertising this, but i regularly carry thousands+ dollars on me, especially while i am traveling. I dont trust the banks, and i sure as hell dont want to support their usurious credit cards. I go shopping for clothes and pay cash, i take a nice girl out to an expensive restaurant and pay cash, i go grocery shopping and you guessed it, pay cash. I buy something online, i take cash to western union and buy a money order.

After seeing whats in the Missouri MIAC that says Ron Paul supporters are terrorists, i sure as hell wouldnt go around advertising to police/law enforcement that i am either a Ron Paul supporter or working for the Campaign for Liberty. That seems to be a sure-fire way to get a cavity search and/or special security screening designation (for life) from the boys out there in Missouri.

P.S. The last time i flew, my luggage was scoured through and some ASS opened a bottle of listerine and poured it all over some very expensive clothing. The last time i consented to a search from a police officer, my property was damaged and stolen. Just because you dont want these dicks going through your personal effects doesnt mean you have anything to hide.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What I find funny is that FOX News cares about Ron Paul and his supporters all of the sudden. It's like, now that Obama won the election they're free to admit that Ron Paul is a Republican and ran on the Republican ticket. Now they're wailing about corrupt and unconstitutional things happening to Mr. Paul and his supporters. Where was all this concern during the RNC? Why were they not mad about him being locked out of debates? It's like Mr. Paul didn't even exist a few months ago when they were powdering McCain's butt on tv 24/7

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Judge Napolitano has been a Ron Paul supporter for a while. However, now i dont really watch Faux news, but i think his show is relatively new to the Fox propaganda network.

You are correct tho, they never had his show before. And if he talked about Ron Paul issues like this before now they probably would have canceled his show.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

I really think it's weird and it's almost a little scary. Granted, I don't watch the news much except maybe NY1 but it really seems like FOX is now trying to pander to those "right wing nutjobs" they were trying to keep locked in attic for the past 8 years. I've been shocked recently by the amount of credibility given to FOX News on ATS as of late, especially Glenn Beck, when even 8 months ago it was "Faux News" and it was "all propaganda".

I guess propaganda is fine as long as you agree with it?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Yes, you are right. The best way to control dissent is to lead the dissenters. If you look closely, Glenn Beck claims to oppose the NWO, but then he turns around to yellow-journalist debunkers from the Hearst Corporation's Popular Mechanics to "debunk" the FEMA concentration camps.

# Fox! # Glenn Beck! # Popular Mechanics (i dont know why they are considered the expert on FEMA concentration camps anyway)!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This from a downloadable pdf titled Seven Signs of Terrorism Brochure, at the Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center website: www.in.gov...

Profiling individuals is wrong. However, profiling behaviors may indicate suspicious behavior. Some- times suspicious people just “don’t be- long” or a behavior seems out of place.

This may include a person in a workplace, building, neighborhood or business establishment that does not fit in because of demeanor, language usage or unusual questions they ask.

hmmmmmmm......

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
With banking being a standard (i.e. people keep their money in banks), carrying over a few thousand dollars on you, without giving a reason, is akin to carrying a gun with you in public without a permit (where it's illegal anyway).

I was questioned by customs last year for having 9 thousand+ dollars in cash in my carry on.

They took me to a back room and asked me why I had it.

I told them it was because I won a foreign lottery overseas. I showed them the paperwork that I received along with the money. I explained that I obviously couldn't put it in a bank until I got back to the States and that I didn't feel comfortable wiring it.

They congratulated me and let me go. They thanked me for my cooperation. It didn't take more than 2 minutes.

Actually, it wasn't from a foreign lottery. I just made some fake papers. I planned ahead.

1) People who act like they have something to hide, and have their precious time wasted; martyrs of an ill-conceived notion of "liberty", who, in the eyes of authority are absolutely and unquestionably suspicious and will be treated as such. They dig themselves into a hole. These are the same people who get pulled over for speeding and act like they have no idea what they did wrong! The cop asks "Do you know why I pulled you over?" and they say "Uh, no officer. Did I do something wrong?" These people think their question is innocent, but it only shows the officer that they are either lying, or completely unaware of their actions on the road. This type of response closes all avenues of communication with the person you are interacting with. You are now an automatic criminal in the eyes of the officer.

2) People who actually have something to hide, and actually hide it so that they don't have their time wasted; people who understand the reality of the word and the reality of the evidence and how it can be used to manipulate those who are questioning you, not grasping at an ideal "liberty" where everything is fair and everyone is protected by law. These type of people get pulled over for speeding and tell the officer, "Yes, I was going 21 mph over the speed limit, officer." That's when a line of communication opens. The officer asks, "Why?" and subjectivity comes into play. The situation becomes two people relating.

You know, the people who create their own liberty, while the rest of you just whine and complain about what should be... while you're taken to the police station where you eventually answer the questions you refused to answer 2 hours earlier.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Here is a little info for those of you ASSUMING you know what the law is concerning carrying cash inside AND outside the U.S. I was an employee of the DHS (TSA AND CUSTOMS) after 9/11. You are not , by law, allowed to carry more than 10k on an airplane...PERIOD. In the U.S. or on intn'l flights. If during a search you are found to be carrying 4k or more of U.S. currency or it's equivalent, supervisors and or LEO/local FBI is to be notified for further scrutiny. While I am sure many of you have had bad experiences with TSA and Customs, this is the law and it is procedure. This person was not singled out because he was a Ron PAul supporter, although I admit that retarded ass memo or some form thereof probably mad it into the daily briefings. It honestly amazes me how many people sit there and just rail on the low-level screeners trying to do thier jobs and most of them have thier hearts in the right places. However policy may not lend itself to allow you to see that , granted. 65% of these screeners aren't on a power trip because they were beat up as kids as some of you place all of law enforcement in. Many are ex military and genuinely want to make sure that nothing happens on a plane. Many don't believe that 9/11 was an inside job and are not complicit in some grand secret that you guys like to place upon them. They may or may not be hapless victims , just trying to help. But because the public are such complete asses to them the have become weary and overall annoyed with the whiney, self absorbed idiot travlers whom think it is thier RIGHT to fly. IT IS NOT! Flying is a privilage and if you want to use that privilage as with driving start acting like civilized human beings instead of spolied brats. OH and educate yourself on the Federal laws governing air travel before you go and stop making scenes.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

very disturbing that carrying cash is grounds for detention.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
No offense but this newsbite is trying to make this into something political when its not. I've seen people detained for a lot less than carrying cash, but where's their 15 minutes of fame (infamy?) on Fox news? There's no law against carrying ANY amount of money with you through an airport, BUT you do have to declare it. If you have more than 10K then you have to declare it.

The real question is, was there some means the airport security people used to detect the cash?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join