It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 leaders seal $1.1tr global deal

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'll be particularly sad to see the Isle of Man subjugated. The Tynwald and the Manx history of independence should not be obliterated overnight in this bullyboy manner.

In my opinion, the tax havens exist for a reason. The rich are taxed at oppressive rates... absurdly and stiflingly high. 35%, 40%, even 60% after VAT. I'm entirely dumbfounded by how people can hold views such as those expressed by poet1b above.

The rich pay the greatest proportion of taxes, and have always done so. If they didn't hoard some away in tax havens, it would just be taken and wasted by the government anyhow.

When people like poet1b say "we" when referring to taxpayers, it is nonsensical. The lions share of taxes are paid by the rich, and the poor only pay a nominal amount so that they can justify their citizenship/ taking from the system.

I fully hope that the rich will continue to withhold and evade tax as far as possible. In fact, I hope they ramp up their rates of tax avoidance and tax refusal. The quicker the rich begin to fight back, the sooner the governments of the world will have to realise that they do not have unlimited pockets, and they cannot impose punitive taxes upon the rich.

I hope the tax havens are not intimidated. By hook or crook they need to rebuff this G20 threat, and show the world leaders that they are nothing more, and nothing less than majority endorsed tyrants.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
I hope the tax havens are not intimidated. By hook or crook they need to rebuff this G20 threat, and show the world leaders that they are nothing more, and nothing less than majority endorsed tyrants.

Bravo! Without the rich, entrepreneurs and the innovative we sink to the levels of the common denominator. Without private wealth we will be reduced to subjects and no longer citizens. Everyone needs to resist this threat or all will suffer.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Here is what Gordon Brown said

This is my transcription of his speech but it is in external quotes because I did not write his speech. I broke it up into paragraphs so it is easier to read.

"All these new challenges are bringing together about the biggest restructuring we have ever seen, not just of the Global economy but of the global order as a whole."

"And 200 years ago a famous British foreign secretary said 'that the new world had been called into existence to redress the balance of the old.' In 1990 another old world ended, dominated by the Cold War. And people talked then in 1990 of a new world order. What they actually meant then was a new political order, and what was not foreseen then, but is obvious now from everything that we see an do."

He fumbles here

"What we means in every day of our live"

He continues... (Note: the underlining was added by me to show you an important line. He is saying the world will not be ruled by military strength or ordinary political power but by economic power.)

"Is the shear scale and speed and scope of globalization. And it's only now that we can begin to understand that the world order that globalization brings and what it's going to look like. It's driven forward now not just by the balance of military strength, the cold war times, or ordinary political power. It's being driven forward by a seismic shift in economic power that we see around us.

"Well what does the new world order mean for countries like ours, who are looking to succeed. I suggest that the countries that are going to succeed are those that combine flexibility, free trade, open markets with proper stewardship of the environment and investment in education, infrastructure and innovation. And the question for us is how we meet and master all these challenges, to ensure that Britain enhances it's competitiveness in the process and realize...realizes what I believe is our destiny of success in this new order order."

"So in conclusion, ladies and gentleman, a new world is emerging. It is a new world order with significantly different and radically new challenges for the future."

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Studious]

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

The rich pay the greatest proportion of taxes, and have always done so.

Nonsense, not the people who horde money in tax shelters, the people who are are worth tens of millions of dollars.

The greatest proportion of taxes are paid by the middle class.

What the rich get from the government, trillions in bailout money, trillions in military spending to protect their overseas assets, is far greater than what the average person gets from the government, which is pretty much nothing these day. In the U.S. what we get for our tax dollars is government support of illegal immigration (medicaid and so on) to undermine our wages.

Oh, the poor, poor rich, how badly we take advantage of them.

Anyone with a lick of common sense can see that the tax dollars of first world nations are mainly going to export our jobs overseas to slave labor markets. Our own money is being used to steal from us.

The CWO began in the 1970ties when the false flag energy crises and stagflation was used to destroy the prosperity of the the working class. Anyone who tells you different is only blowing smoke up your posterior.

Whether or not we get a NWO, we need to get rid of the CWO.

Making the rich start to pay for everything they get from government, which is most of what government does these days, is a good thing. Not only should they eliminate these tax havens, they should make em all pay back taxes.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
FOX: Conspiracy theorists were right!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This pic says a lot!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Get Ready its coming like it or not.

www.disinfomatrix.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

In my opinion, the tax havens exist for a reason. The rich are taxed at oppressive rates... absurdly and stiflingly high. 35%, 40%, even 60% after VAT. I'm entirely dumbfounded by how people can hold views such as those expressed by poet1b above.

Yes the tax havens exist for a reason but not the reason your pushing.

Many small, non-industrialised countries need income and what better way to do bussiness then entice rich folks such as yourself to bring your money and in return enjoy annonymity and very low taxation.

I suspect the reason most governments over-tax the wealthy is because they know the wealthy will evade paying their fair share with all kinds of innovative schemes while the middle class who can't afford legal advice get taxed to death.

To be fair though I think the highest bracket should be at 40% and no higher than that! You feel better? The only stipulation with this is that annonymous banking be totally outlawed throughout the world; no ifs and no buts!

The rich pay the greatest proportion of taxes, and have always done so. If they didn't hoard some away in tax havens, it would just be taken and wasted by the government anyhow.

Yes governments do waste our money but this is a different topic; one which I will not discuss now because it will sidetrack this discussion. And besides everyone, except the very poor pay taxes and they have just as much a right to bitch as the wealthy.

When people like poet1b say "we" when referring to taxpayers, it is nonsensical. The lions share of taxes are paid by the rich, and the poor only pay a nominal amount so that they can justify their citizenship/ taking from the system.

Nonsense!!! What is the ratio of wealthy to everyone else and even if government(s) were to collect the full amount(with no evasion) the middle class would still be the ultimate contributors by far.

I fully hope that the rich will continue to withhold and evade tax as far as possible. In fact, I hope they ramp up their rates of tax avoidance and tax refusal. The quicker the rich begin to fight back, the sooner the governments of the world will have to realise that they do not have unlimited pockets, and they cannot impose punitive taxes upon the rich.

Imposing high taxes on people who can afford to pay more should not be viewed as a penalty. It is your duty to contribute whatever you can to society and if you can contribute more than you should. If you choose to live on other peoples sweat then you become a parasite!

In all honesty, I hope they get taken down brutally and fast. The minority have ruled the majority way too long and everyone is getting sick and tired of being exploited!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I suppose the Monroe Doctrine doesn't apply anymore? I guess not considering technological progression ultimately leads to globalization...

Way to go Obama! Yeah, he did make "change"--possibly the end of American sovereignty!

How did we get this $250 billion to help cover the $1.1 TRILLION tab for the World Bank/IMF? Out of the Grand Canyon? (Get it? Out of ass...*drum snap*)

Anyways, we basically used our America's Mastercard and hyperinflated the dollar. This will trigger the need for global currency. THE NWO is now in place.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
American sovereignty was sold down the river by the IC's when they dismantled out nations industrial center for cheap labor in the third world. The Monroe document was thrown out the window immediately after WW II.

People without jobs can not afford to buy goods and service, nor can they afford to pay their debts. Without people making enough money to buy goods and services, companies start to lose money, they shed work force, then even less people have money. When businesses can't afford goods and service, they start losing money, and the investments in those companies to buy the capital then becomes worthless.

Most of these investments are backed by over inflated assets, which means they are not backed by anything at all.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Update: Benjamin Fulford's commentary on the G20 agreement:

Many mysteries still surround the G20 but it appears to be a major defeat for the illuminati

A careful read of the G20 statement and of comments by various world leaders seem to indicate the illuminati have suffered a major defeat. The most important point to note is the $1.1 trillion given to the IMF. It includes $250 billion worth of Special Drawing Rights meaning the ability to create a new global currency has been taken away from the Federal Reserve Board and given to an IMF that is going to be largely under the control of poor countries and non-Europeans.

The other point is the promise to lend $5 trillion to the ordinary peoples of the world. Is that $5 trillion the money the Bush/Clinton crime group stole from the rest of the world? Have they been forced to give it back; too early to tell for sure.

The other big change was the clear determination of world leaders to shut down offshore banking secret tax havens. By saying the “era of banking secrecy is over” the world leaders seem determined to bring the giant, world-controlling shadow banking system under their control.

However, there are still many unanswered questions. For example, why wasn’t a solution to the $1500 trillion derivative question offered? Also, what did Obama agree to during his secret meeting with the 13 bankers representing the 13 illuminati blood lines? What is going to happen to them and their Federal Reserve Board?

The G20 statement is also quite vague and that means it is possible many loopholes will find their way into the detailed agreements that have yet to be worked out. We still have to wait and see and keep vigilant until the beast is truly brought to heel.

benjaminfulford.typepad.com...

Hey, I can resonate with that, Mr. Fulford!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Would be coolness if Benjamin Fulford, Jeff Rense, and Alex Jones could all participate in an ATS video or thread or something

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

A new global economy is emerging, along with the SDR taking the first steps towards becoming the new global currency.

From the BBC article:

An overdraft facility will also be increased to $250bn (in the IMF's currency, so-called Special Drawing Rights) that all members can call upon.

en.wikipedia.org...
[edit on 2-4-2009 by 44soulslayer]

Don't really understand this point, can someone share some light? I don't understand the SDR as being a currency, per se, but more as a means of determining value on the basis of the most prominent currencies in world trade. As stated in the wikipedia article that value is based on a basket of US(%44), Euro(%34), Yen(%11) and pound sterling(%11)

I'm not all for putting power in the IMF's hands, but don't quite see how this is a move towards a world currency.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join